Miscellaneous javelin bugs

• 1. Javelins disappear in certain terrain/objects, such as the last stage of stoneshill/last two stages of hillside/all walls on everything.

Odd one this, could have sworn it was fixed in the beta but seemingly didn’t make it to the patch.

2. Friendlies destroy thrown javelins by running over them.

3. Being hit during a reload restarts it.

4. Heavy javelin appears as a normal javelin everywhere except in the player’s hand.

5. Throws that hit the helmet destroy the javelin (true for all throwables).

And I’m out. More as they’re found.

• 6. Javelin stab is hitting people behind the player, and doesn’t really act as advertised by the animation.

7. Javelin buckler overhead tracers all messed up, doesn’t cover the leading edge of the attack, and stops well short of the centre, unlike the flail’s similar buckler attack.

• Thought I was losing my marbles remembering wrong, so ran a test, and javelin stickies DO work in the beta, and land fine and can be picked up from walls and all floor types, but not in the newly patched game.

Kind of infurtiating, that it can work and is fixed, but… isn’t.

• 3 isn’t a bug, if you could hold up a jav and not have to pick it back up while being hit, that would mean you could not be flinched basically from your throw… That’s the same as getting fiinched as a jav.

6 is also not a bug, the weapon is just going around your shield. It’s pretty easy to do with javs, as well as saber and a ton of other weapons like maa broadsword, etc.

The rest are known… pretty much any jav bug or problem you see has been talked about…

• god forbid you didnt get flinched with 4 javs at your arsenal :o .

you shouldnt get flinched throwing a javelin anyway,
    dying in one hit and the lack of ammo and slow paced archer run, it wouldnt be op in anyway if you didnt get flicned while throwing one or four of them.

with 4 javs it would take sum one forever to even get good enough to even be a threat anyway.

• ^^ that’s assuming you only use the heavy javelin.

And if you didn’t get flinched, there wouldn’t be as much of a consequence for waiting until someone got right up to you, plus you could then throw one at the same time someone is in the middle of attacking you/comboing you.

You’d even be able to run at archers with it up, if they shot you in the foot or something you just continue on and throw it like nothing happened.

Javelineer is still a ranged class, they’re just not a long range class, they’re close to mid range. They shouldn’t be the best for melee either. If you let someone get close enough to you, then that is your fault, as is any archers fault. So if you get flinched, that’s your fault, but you should not be an unflinchable class because you’re tired of dying because you let someone get close to you, or you tried that last second shot at them while they’re charging you.

I would say that the flinch should probably get toned down so that you cannot get hit twice without being able to block from some weapons, but not removed totally. And the flinch and getting hit twice thing, thats not a javelin exclusive problem. As i said all of the classes can get flinched for too long to block the 2nd hit. Hunting knife is a big one, most of the daggars can do this actually, shortsword… claymore even sometimes.

• @clayton-bigsby:

3 isn’t a bug, if you could hold up a jav and not have to pick it back up while being hit, that would mean you could not be flinched basically from your throw… That’s the same as getting fiinched as a jav.

6 is also not a bug, the weapon is just going around your shield. It’s pretty easy to do with javs, as well as saber and a ton of other weapons like maa broadsword, etc.

The rest are known… pretty much any jav bug or problem you see has been talked about…

3: You misunderstand. I’m not talking about dropping the javelin, that’s fair enough (or isn’t, don’t know: one for the balance board) I’m talking about the ‘reload’ part of the throw restarting every time you’re hit and being unable to block until it’s done. Basically turns a one hit consequence into a as-many-hits-as-it-takes death sentence from even the slowest weapon. It’s already been confirmed, though not fixed, hence it’s appearance on the list.

6: Shield? What? I’m talking about the javelineer hitting people behind him when he makes a jab, not that… whatever you think I said. Honestly I don’t know how you got from what was written to shield flanking. The tracers extend behind him and he stabs people on his 5 o’clock position with his elbow. This is absolutely a bug.

• Addition to 2:

Enemies are also picking up thrown javelins, as well as friendlies.

• @McLumberjack:

Addition to 2:

Enemies are also picking up thrown javelins, as well as friendlies.

That is not a bug either, that is how it worked in AOC. It was applied so that you could run over and pick up spears so that the enemy spear chucker would run out of ammo, have to go find an ammo box or go into melee. Since many spears can 1 hit many of the classes. These classes defense was to pick up their enemy’s ammo.

• @Retsnom:

That is not a bug either, that is how it worked in AOC. It was applied so that you could run over and pick up spears so that the enemy spear chucker would run out of ammo, have to go find an ammo box or go into melee. Since many spears can 1 hit many of the classes. These classes defense was to pick up their enemy’s ammo.

Alright. But ‘either’? I don’t see anything else that’s not a bug.