Chivalry Conquest Game Mode

• I was thinking that a conquest game mode could be added to the game. This would work by having each player join a faction, then try to capture all the territories on a given piece of land (just like the conquest mode in Red Orchestra, or Star Wars Battlefront, for that matter). The factions keep fighting back and forth expending resources to capture certain territories until one faction has captured all the territories. Simple, but would be a really fun mode to have added to this game.

edit: yes my sig is messed up; I’m too lazy to fix it. :?

• Sounds pretty complicated to script, but certainly not impossible. Hopefully someone jumps on it, that’d be sick!

• @parkrangerstan:

Im too scared to change mine because the preview doesnt show img tags working

But no we lost a lot of old functionality with the new forum so image tag is no longer valid

• @Mockingbirch:

Sounds pretty complicated to script

Isn’t what he’s describing basically sequential KotH? Like, you take one hill, then you move on to the next hill in the line, while the other guys try to take it back, which doesn’t seem all that complicated to do when you’ve already got the script for KotH.
    Or am I missing something?

• @gregcau:

@parkrangerstan:

Im too scared to change mine because the preview doesnt show img tags working

But no we lost a lot of old functionality with the new forum so image tag is no longer valid

It’s fixed now, a web dev replied to me. just use and you’re good to go.

Also I like this game mode idea!

• @parkrangerstan:

I was thinking that a conquest game mode could be added to the game. This would work by having each player join a faction, then try to capture all the territories on a given piece of land (just like the conquest mode in Red Orchestra, or Star Wars Battlefront, for that matter). The factions keep fighting back and forth expending resources to capture certain territories until one faction has captured all the territories. Simple, but would be a really fun mode to have added to this game.

Kind of like King of the Hill but will multiple hills?

or more like several ‘hills’ that you capture one at a time?

• Sounds like Control Points in TF2, or Conquest in BF3. It’s a good idea, but we would need slightly bigger maps.

• Well I had two modes in mind. One like the mode featured in games like battlefield 3, and the other is like the one in Red Orchestra 2. The one that would be similar to the one in red orchestra would require you to win a regular TO battle…you would then have captured that particular region on a global “Risk style” map that each person participating would see before and after the game. Eventually your team would try to capture all the locations on this “Risk style” map. Sort of like an RTS I guess, except the battles you fight are pretty much just TO battles, but in the big picture you’re actually capturing territories. I think this would really add some of the lore that’s missing from the game. We all know there’s a map rotation, but there’s an interesting story behind the map sequence that I feel could be better expressed in this conquest mode. You could even add in more strategic aspects such as…Besides each team taking a turn to attack, gaining territories would give you resources and losing them takes them away. In the case that the attacking team loses, they would lose 50. But if the attacking team wins, they would gain 100 resources. Winning as defender would result in say, +50 resources (maybe lower, idk). I haven’t really thought this through lol, so those are just arbitrary figures. You could also add another aspect…How decisive was the victory? If a TO was completed in a certain amount of time, perhaps bonus resources could be awarded. IDK endless possibilities.