Aim moving to the left

• This started today, yesterday it was fine. Nothing changed in my hardware since then so i’m guessing its something related to the game. I removed “My Games\Chivalry” folder and nothing changed, neither reopening the game, cache integrity check or restarting. As you can see in this video (sorry about the quality), the pointer does not move in the options menu (also ok on desktop).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVxICHtIwh4

• Hey guys, tried again today and its the same. It’s ruining my game, i can’t melee properly and ranged weapons are impossible. Does anyone have a clue about this? Please take a look at the video

• The first thing I would ask is what type of mouse do you have? Wired or wireless? Any additional controller peripherals like a Nostormo, game pad, more than one mouse or keyboard attached. I had a similar problem in three different instances and for different reasons.

When my first Nostromo was failing, there was a slight key sticking and making random movements. This can also happen to older keyboards. There is also the possibility that there is gunk in between your keys in your keyboard that could cause this. Get a can of compressed air or a vacuum and suck or blow the gunk from under the keys.

Another time when I was having wondering cursor in game it was because I used a wireless mouse for daily or distance use then my gaming mouse when gaming. The wireless mouse would sit in the recharging cradle but any slight movement on the desk would make it move ever so tiny. Having 2 mouse attached to one PC would make the cursor wonder or be jittery.

The last time I had similar issue was when I bought a new gaming mouse. It was a Logitech g500. After a week of trying to figure out what was causing all the additional movement, I found a site that solved the problem. It was a manufacturing defect on some Logitech Mice where the lazer mount could be lose or get lose on impact like a drop or a slight slam on the table. It would cause the cursor to wonder in an upward direction. To test if it is your mouse, lift the mouse off the table high enough so that the lazer cannot be reflected, about 6 inches should do. There should be no cursor movement when the mouse is lifted off the table. If your cursor is moving then you need a new mouse.

• @Retsnom:

The first thing I would ask is what type of mouse do you have? Wired or wireless? Any additional controller peripherals like a Nostormo, game pad, more than one mouse or keyboard attached. I had a similar problem in three different instances and for different reasons.

When my first Nostromo was failing, there was a slight key sticking and making random movements. This can also happen to older keyboards. There is also the possibility that there is gunk in between your keys in your keyboard that could cause this. Get a can of compressed air or a vacuum and suck or blow the gunk from under the keys.

Another time when I was having wondering cursor in game it was because I used a wireless mouse for daily or distance use then my gaming mouse when gaming. The wireless mouse would sit in the recharging cradle but any slight movement on the desk would make it move ever so tiny. Having 2 mouse attached to one PC would make the cursor wonder or be jittery.

The last time I had similar issue was when I bought a new gaming mouse. It was a Logitech g500. After a week of trying to figure out what was causing all the additional movement, I found a site that solved the problem. It was a manufacturing defect on some Logitech Mice where the lazer mount could be lose or get lose on impact like a drop or a slight slam on the table. It would cause the cursor to wonder in an upward direction. To test if it is your mouse, lift the mouse off the table high enough so that the lazer cannot be reflected, about 6 inches should do. There should be no cursor movement when the mouse is lifted off the table. If your cursor is moving then you need a new mouse.

Thanks for you help, much appreciated.

Removing Chivalry and its folders and downloading it again solved my problem for now, it would be good to find the exact cause and i think we can assume something changed in the game (altough i did not changed anything).

It could not be a mouse/keyboard problem since they are working fine “outside” the game (normal pc usage and others FPS for example).

• had a similar thing happen when I had a usb flightstick plugged in that wasn’t calibrated and kept on turning me slowly to the right :P

Glad you got it sorted though

• @MonkeyFiend:

had a similar thing happen when I had a usb flightstick plugged in that wasn’t calibrated and kept on turning me slowly to the right :P

Glad you got it sorted though

Man, now i think it could be my joystick as well, since its cable was wrapped around it and could be moving my aim with the analog stick. That’s mostly likely the cause :o

BTW, is there a way do disable the joystick input?

• in game - I don’t think so. However it’s probably as easy to set the joystick device to disabled in device manager then just enable it when you want to use it for something (or plug/unplug it). I suppose it depends on however often you switch to it