Content Filter

• I am starting this topic about content filtering, I know I sound like a bitch…. But this game obviously shouldn’t be rated 18+ it has nothing worth 18+ in it… I myself am only 17 and I would allow others under the age to play. I am suggesting the filter because as I have played, I have noticed a lot of immature people come on servers and spam the chat with vulgar language and smack talk at players that may not be as good as them or other reasons. This issue can cause a loss in the community that doesn’t put up with trolls or immature people. This could result in loss of sales and bad reputation.

A good example where this has taken a massive effect is Eve online this game has got a lot of mind the description Stuck up people that destroy any new comers. Eve is slowly losing members and isn’t gaining as many as when it first started. Caused by bad reputation that the community has created.

• @GottaBeSneaky:

I am suggesting the filter because as I have played, I have noticed a lot of immature people come on servers and spam the chat with vulgar language and smack talk at players that may not be as good as them or other reasons.

You’re saying that like Chivalry is the first game with douchebags. It’s an internet-wide phenomenon, not going away anytime soon, and I think most people do not pay that much attention to trolls, as they rightly should not. Do not feed the trolls is the motto. If you are bothered by a player’s attitude, just mute him from the scoreboard button. A content filter, like a **** filter is redundant with the fact that heads go lopping off left and right.

Also, I don’t want to be offensive or pretentious, but if you can’t handle trash talk from strangers on the internet…

• I am not saying I can’t but others cannot, but I did not know about the mute button thank you.

• Games are not rated for online interactions.

If they were every multiplayer game would be rated R18 or whatever. That’s why you often see with video game ratings it says something along the lines of “online interactions not rated”.

I worked in a classification office for 4 months after I left school. And this game would have got an R18 for the excessive Gore and sadistic nature of the game. You can walk up to a dead body and chop all their limbs off then remove their head.

I live in NZ and the New Zealand classification board is one of the most lenient when it comes to rating games and movies. We often give lower ratings than PEGI. And chivalry in NZ got an R18 rating. Even though its only available for digital download on this country. We don’t even have a NZ steam page so there’s nothing stopping an 8 year old with a credit card from getting this game.

The shogun 2 blood pack got rated 18+ for PEGI. Down here it put the game up from an M to an R16. And chivalry got R18.

That is why it got the 18+ rating. Not because of the community being vulgar. If that was the case club penguin would get an 18+ rating.