Fixing the game as a whole

• hi guys, west here

i love chivalry, since its pretty much the only game of its kind, however there are lots of problems facing it, which i will address, i hope it will be listened to, i will as much as possible make it short and brief (no one wants to read a fucking long post :3)

1st FEINTING

yes, it has been nerfed time and time again, however, the truth being said, it only affected heavy weapons, honestly its impossible to read on fast weapons, the real issue is not the feinting

my solution

give every weapon a universal wind up time like IMO 1 second,

explanation - sure the winding up will now be quick, and some may say, OMG strong weapons now stronker, strong slow weapons are still easy to read, because strong heavy weapons like the maul or axe, they swing slow, so you have a whole lot of time to read the swing and react to it, plus there will now be less frames to perform a feint

^ plus the given solution would actually solve the problem of annoying spam knife player, it annoys me that i need to put so much effort into beating a player who simply spams with a knife when he gets near me

2.) jumping

solution

remove it, i mean seriously, the idea of a jumping soldiers in the battle field is just dumb, and some players abuse this, like this, i had a shield, i was blocking as i was heading towards an archer, when i got near, he jumped and head shot me, with his bow while my shield was up, it really pissed me off

• some may say, wtf now hit my feet, how i is defend me self

but the problem of what i faced, is that some players just jump right before they attack, it honestly really looks silly, plus it only takes a pinch of stamina to jump, even as full armored knight

^crouch block, just duck and block, however so that this mechanic is not abused, when someone overheads while you crouch block, it should take twice the stamina, coz your crouching, your stance will not support you

3.) maa’s “get out of jail free” dodge

ive seen alot of matches were we got 1 maa surrounded by a group of troops, and takes down 2 - 3 enemies before he goes down, coz he has that dodge, its simply too effective

solution- put a cool down of 3.5 seconds on it when used. HOWEVER make it not take stamina to make it fair

explanation - honestly, some may say that 3.5 seconds is simply too long, i say no, WHY?!, because, lets say im a knight vs a maa, i swing, he dodges back, so in order for me to get near him, i need to run towards him, which could possibly give a maa an opening to get a hit on me, by the time i swing and he blocks it, his cd would already be done.)

4.) DANCING

the style of running while swinging, running back and then swinging

solution?

when i run, and i make a turn, it slows my run to 50 percent, and as i run in a straight line, my run will soon reach its maximum speed

5.) shield bash

-if the enemy can kick stun me, so should i, BUT!!! only when his parry is up, so if i shield bash him while his parry is up, that should stun him as well

explanation?- coz as of what ive been reading, shields dont receive any love, and when you have a shield, not only does it restrict your sight, but the enemy can possible receive a free hit

6.) knife blocking

• knifes are not supposed to block……end of story

well i hope i convinced you, IMO now it would even the grounds, coz more options are now open for use, if my opinions are put into play, now these so called “really good players” will actually use real tactics instead of abusing the system

• @warrenwest:

well i hope i convinced you

nope

• @gregcau:

@warrenwest:

well i hope i convinced you

nope

care to explain why?, coz if your just gonna say no, and not provide an explanation or perhaps your own opinion on how to make the game better, than you might as well just troll

im just being real

• Whats the point, I thought about a reply but you ended with

knifes are not supposed to block

who is going to take a post that ends with that seriously.

maybe a couple of reasonable things but it seems Mount and Blade is more your style.

• @gregcau:

Whats the point, I thought about a reply but you ended with

knifes are not supposed to block

who is going to take a post that ends with that seriously.

maybe a couple of reasonable things but it seems Mount and Blade is more your style.

the main point was to improve the game

you may not take it seriously, but a majority of people i talked to, seem to have, and most of them dont really go to the forums to voice out their opinions

• Jumping? Are you serious?

Running around the map without being able to jump, would be the most boring thing ever, not to mention getting stuck on the many many many collisions.
    And 2 dimensional fights would make it even more boring, might as well play a side scrolling game.

• @jrmftw:

Jumping? Are you serious?

Running around the map without being able to jump, would be the most boring thing ever, not to mention getting stuck on the many many many collisions.
    And 2 dimensional fights would make it even more boring, might as well play a side scrolling game.

Omg he jumped, thats so exciting

im pretty sure your talking bout games like street fighter or something, chivarly without jumping is still 3d, coz you can move around, not just left or right like mario or similar

• yeah the taking out jumping part really had me saying wtf. Plus… when you’re attacking the king on stoneshill, really helps to be able to jump over the railings. It’s also helpful to jump and attack at times and jump shot as archer to get over teammates who are in the line of fire, or to get over an obstacle. that was just silly.

Blockng with knife? so if someone equips a dagger they should just be subject to whatever you throw at them without being able to do anything about it? That would mean any archer or maa that wants to use a daggar has to stay out of range of any vanguard at all times, otherwise he can’t do anything about it.

Feints are so easy to read now, you should have seen them pre-patch, when late feints were do-able, there was almost nothing you could do about those except predict the future.

Maa Dodge, while this is very annoying it’s the maa’s only skill… and if you learn how to play against them, you’ll perhaps do better. You need to force them to dodge in other ways than swinging your weapon… if you just swing at them, they will dodge… i like to run right at them and get as close as i can, they get scared and think you’re going to attack, i chase the dodge and then attack, sometimes even feint then attack to be sure… also… use a longer weapon, even if they dodge, aas long as you keep sprinting forward you can hit them after their dodge. I dislike one thing about it currently, and thats’ the fact that you can dodge, and dodge again before a 1 handed maa can catch you, i had this happenieng to me yesterday. Also, your suggestion of 3.5 seconds is WAYYYY too long, you’ve got to be crazy.

Dancing- umm… how about stop falling for it. The only people that get beaten by this tactic are the morons that chase after them after they’ve already seen what they’re doing. I just watch them run away, dont chase too much, wait for them to turn around and then treat it as normal, hit them first, etc.

TL;DR : no, to pretty much everything

• @clayton-bigsby:

yeah the taking out jumping part really had me saying wtf. Plus… when you’re attacking the king on stoneshill, really helps to be able to jump over the railings. It’s also helpful to jump and attack at times and jump shot as archer to get over teammates who are in the line of fire, or to get over an obstacle. that was just silly.

Blockng with knife? so if someone equips a dagger they should just be subject to whatever you throw at them without being able to do anything about it? That would mean any archer or maa that wants to use a daggar has to stay out of range of any vanguard at all times, otherwise he can’t do anything about it.

Feints are so easy to read now, you should have seen them pre-patch, when late feints were do-able, there was almost nothing you could do about those except predict the future.

Maa Dodge, while this is very annoying it’s the maa’s only skill… and if you learn how to play against them, you’ll perhaps do better. You need to force them to dodge in other ways than swinging your weapon… if you just swing at them, they will dodge… i like to run right at them and get as close as i can, they get scared and think you’re going to attack, i chase the dodge and then attack, sometimes even feint then attack to be sure… also… use a longer weapon, even if they dodge, aas long as you keep sprinting forward you can hit them after their dodge. I dislike one thing about it currently, and thats’ the fact that you can dodge, and dodge again before a 1 handed maa can catch you, i had this happenieng to me yesterday. Also, your suggestion of 3.5 seconds is WAYYYY too long, you’ve got to be crazy.

Dancing- umm… how about stop falling for it. The only people that get beaten by this tactic are the morons that chase after them after they’ve already seen what they’re doing. I just watch them run away, dont chase too much, wait for them to turn around and then treat it as normal, hit them first, etc.

TL;DR : no, to pretty much everything

ok for starters, you ever fought someone with a dagger?, ya it aint fun, you have to exert so much more effort to fight someone with a dagger, than a vanguard with a long ass sword

2nd of all

feints?, only against strong slow weapons is it easy to read, everyone falls for it, too easy, i just spam feints and gets the hit all the time, even against the really good players

3rd of all

maa’s dodge, you may say “oh gee its their only move it shouldnt be nerfed, you should learn to fight against them”

ive fought the best, ive been both got beaten and beaten the best, only by doing this, have i found out what makes the game annoying

ive had fought against them, i cant do shit against good m.a. s, if i rush them, ill definetly put my self at the open and at risk

if i wait for em, they would gain the advantage by being aggressive, getting hits in and jump out of combat, and gain back their stamina, coz the stamina comes back faster than health

4th of all

ummm….how bout no, im not getting it, you DONT chase after them?, i just got people saying that the speed boost is the reason why it was added to counter dancing

the people who come here into the forums, are simply the people who abuse the system, and its bugs, i aim to make the game about skill, and how you can actually fight and fight back fairly

• @warrenwest:

nope, in my almost 1600 hours, i’ve never fought anyone with a daggar, but i look forward to the opportunity. only 2 classes that can equip them are archer and maa. i have NO problems fighting archers with a daggar. Maa, yes very annoying but only good maa’s can use them well anyhow, and if they are a good maa they’re going to fuck you up in a 1v1 anyway, best to utilize team distraction, if you’re playing them 1v1, they’re OP in 1v1, no questions for me at least… it’s a basic fact that most players have realized. The game isn’t balanced however for 1v1, it’s balanced for team fights, and in team fights, i don’t find maa that hard to deal with.

if you fall for and get others to fall for feints a lot fine. The idea here is to not allow them to feint, there are times when you can feint and cannot, the key is to know these, try to keep your range so that you can judge whether a feint is necessary, and use better footwork. Feints are so much easier this patch as i’ve said. It’s also one of the only things you can do to counter the new recovery/counter parries… so i have no sympathy for people that don’t like feinting, i don’t like the recovery parry/counter parries, but since it’s in the game now, i’m gonna feint whenever i see an opportunity to capitalize on one, because otherwise i’m going to get parried 10 times in a row.

Back to the maa again, you’re getting in 1v1’s with maa’s and they’re OP 1v1… already stated. Best to utilize distraction or your teammates. And when you do go against them, if you’re an archer you probably will die. If you’re an MAA you have no disadvantage, you’re the same class. If you’re a vanguard, bring a long sword and dont swing prematurely, and use drags and feints. If you’re a knight, i would say switch to secondary, hit trades ftw. I’ve fought against the best maa’s in the game as well, and you learn their tricks. If you let them jump out and get stamina, that’s your fault… even if they dodge back you keep the aggression on, if they sprint away you chase them but not too closely, keep them sprinting so they can’t regen stam… and keep the aggression whenever you have the stamina upper hand. Try to damage them with primary, then finish with secondary, or use secondary the whole time if you’re a stronger class.

dancers, yeah you can chase them, but after you see what they’re doing, you shouldn’t be chasing right up their ass without being ready to parry or attack when necessary. If you always chase with the intent to attack and not be ready to parry, you’ll get smacked in the face when they turn. They still have a windup… so you can watch their arms and parry if necessary, and use chase mechanic to get close and attack first if you can. It can be a pretty lame strategy if you’re like a knight vs maa or archer, even vanguards, pretty much knights have the worst time with dancing because they’re slow, i’ve had times where i can’t catch them which is annoying, but i have plenty of videos where people try dancing at me. If they want to run away fine, i’ll just move on with my life and find someone else to kill. no reason chasing a dancer, if they’re not attacking you, they aren’t a threat, Find a new target and stop getting baited into their bullshit… move on. If they then decide to chase or come after you, turn back toward them and stand your ground, but i like to just watch those guys and let them run if they want, once they run away i’m like alright, moving on then see ya.

• I fought countless archers, that rather use a dagger than a regular sword, and ive seen countless vanguards and knights, that get owned, simply because their weapon was too slow,

They, I wouldnt say are the best, but regardless, get owned, simply because of the speed of the dagger, however like I said the problem doesnt lie with the feints

I myself had to exert high exert to simply to defeat the players that use daggers, much much more than any other class with a mid to long sized weapons

As for maas, not to offend you, but it seems that you probably didnt read my post and understood it completely, the current people that play maa are newbies, that dont even dodge at all, just put in a decent player, and I did state, that the dodge has gotten maa’s out of sticky situations as he was surrounded and outnumbered, and managed to take down at least 2 enemies, henceforth proving that he is not only good 1 on 1, hut even when outnumbered

For feinting, as stated above the system I proposed, was to make feints more readable, because it is only readable when the enemy uses slow weapons

And lastly dancing, if you dont chase them the will simply come back and eat at your stamina, if you chase them youll put your self at risk

• knifes are not supposed to block

You’re right. That’s why you parry with them.

And as for the MAA’s “Get out of jail free card” It’s very high risk and heavily affected by latency which gives a very delayed effect. So many time i’ve dodged as MAA only to receive the blow far out of range from where the dodge ended, while I got hit where the dodge started.

I realize that this is purely clientside, to my attacker it would have appeared that I never left the spot. So I am fine with that, but please don’t tell me that it’s simply avoiding damage at the press of a button.

• Archers are meant to be support, and their rogue bonus, gives them bonus on backstabs

by that sense, they were meant to go behind the enemy and attack, while your team mate distracts the enemy, yet we have archers not afraid to go 1 on 1 head on because tgeir dagger is so quick, and your slow weapon is interupted at any attemp you make to swing

Its actually scarier to fight a archer with a dagger, than a knight or a vanguard

Maa are meant to be masters if 1 v1, not disputng that, however, due to that not being in check, it makes them a threat even when outnumbered, ive seen 3 players vs 1 maa, now before tha maa went down, he took 2 down with him

And you might be thinking, oh those players are noobs, actually, not really, because I could see they approached the maa with caution, and their swings werent spammed and hitting each other

As for latency issues, we are talking balance, not your internt speed or client servers

• Your ‘fixing the game’ ideas actually sounds to me as a knight player moaning about maa’s and archers speed and wanting every disavantage he has removed from the game.

• @SirSamba:

Your ‘fixing the game’ ideas actually sounds to me as a knight player moaning about maa’s and archers speed and wanting every disavantage he has removed from the game.

And your post sounds to me that you didnt even bother trying to understand, or even consider the reasons I even posted the topic

With the game as it is, its leaned ttowars speed, and weapons which are realtively slower, cant keep up

I

• @warrenwest:

@SirSamba:

Your ‘fixing the game’ ideas actually sounds to me as a knight player moaning about maa’s and archers speed and wanting every disavantage he has removed from the game.

And your post sounds to me that you didnt even bother trying to understand, or even consider the reasons I even posted the topic

With the game as it is, its leaned ttowars speed, and weapons which are realtively slower, cant keep up

I

You suggested one single wind up time for all weapons, which is completely non sense. Slow weapons are rewarded with great damage, so if there is the same wind up flinch would be inexistent and the weapon with the highest damage output would win all the time by hit trade . There is a trade-off between speed and damage and you are saying it needs to be changed.

Removing jumps (just because you got pissed about the headshot)? Daggers unable to block (just because you can’t defend them)?
    I won’t even argue about those…

• now, once again, you didnt read my post or attempted to understand it

i may again, state, that i have said, "it is more scarier, to fight an archer with a dagger than a vanguard or a knight with a longer weapon, and i stated in my post, that i have to “exert more effort in beating an archer with a dagger than vang or knight with a long stronger weapon”

and now that wind up time is the same, i NEVER said the swing was
    with the current game, if your enemies weapon is slower, you can generally interupt his weapon at every turn, as long as your weapon is fast

its easier to be aggressive to against a enemy with a slower weapon, due to said reasons

now, generally, here is how the mindset as it should be

scenario - player with slower weapon vs player with a fast weapon

player with slower weapons thoughts (hmmmmm….gotta becareful, coz he fast)

player with faster weapons thoughts (lolz he slow)

thats saying something

ive fought incredible good players, my main weapon is the axe, and im able to play really well coz i put much more effort into learning the axe, which was no where near easy to use like a faster weapon, ive been complemented, and one the best players that ive fought has even told me, i was better, and he admitted to only winning the games we played coz his weapon was faster, that also is saying something.

as for jumps, the whole point wasnt the headshotting, it was the fact that it really looks silly, if you want to keep the jump, ok then, let it be

however, it should be for getting over obstacles, but, you shouldnt be able to swing, or aim your bow

• @warrenwest:

now, once again, you didnt read my post or attempted to understand it

Jump i zso OP man dey jumps over mai shield n st00f lol. Faint is to hard. Knifes is wai OP. Yah wai. MMAS DOGE IS to hard. runing in circles is OP. Ma shiled shoud stun dem wen bang dem with it wen they no have shiled.

Y U NO SEE DIS TORN BANER.

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD7KACKZPJQ

in a way, as corny as this may sound……it kinda addresses some of the problems of the game :3

• I agree with Warrenwest. But of course, raging ones have already popped up. TBS have sold us this game saying they wanted it to be REALISTIC. Alright. Then why those nonsenses remain ? Those jump exploits guys who walk on our heads thinking they’re M. Bison from Street Fighter (with an ultra heavy armor of course), those running guys who lick the ground like dogs or zigzag like idiots and who manage to do (stupid lookdown) overheads, that tiny dagger who can parry a maul without any issue, … That’s just pathetic.