Dodge looks too "unrealistic"?

• Now, please take the word “unrealistic” with a grain of salt.

Obviously dodging itself isn’t unrealistic, I just mean the way it looks. When somebody does it, it looks too quick and teleportish, not a fluid human movement.

Its just an observation. Only suggestion I have is to just make it look more like that players character is actually sidestepping/dodging, instead of BOOM he dodge and is now in another spot.

• I believe dodge animation is a work in progress. Keep in mind, though, it’s hard to make it quick enough to be useful in a game as fast paced as Chivalry without looking teleportish.

• Heh, the Bleach shadow step or w/e it’s called would look cool. :P

• The thing i am most annoyed by with dodge, is that it doesn’t seem to affect stamina that much, and some abuse the hell out of it. It’s like fighting the roadrunner.

• @Necramonium:

The thing i am most annoyed by with dodge, is that it doesn’t seem to affect stamina that much, and some abuse the hell out of it. It’s like fighting the roadrunner.

I had quite an interesting fight with a very dodge happy MAA as a Vanguard w/ Spear. I went completely on the defensive, and he insisted on spamming dodge left and right and attempted to get around me; after 5 or so dodges, I actually heard him out of breath and he stopped moving, and then that was the time for me to go totally offensive and I took him out very easily after that. Just an idea for others…