Server Admin Tools

• Kimi posted this on Steam yesterday (see below)- evidently the new patch includes server admin tools for those of us running dedicated Chiv servers. These are the instructions we have so far.

I would like some more info though if possible - I haven’t yet added this to my server, but parsing through the file it does look like it gives you some basic kick/ban/change map tools.

Is there anything else? Is there anyway to have a Message Of The Day when you join the server, or even your own custom splash page while the map loads ? More info would be appreciated, but much thanks for the inclusion of the tools TB ! I’ll update this when I get it installed and running, and hopefully be able to admin remotely.

–-----------------------[From Steam Forums]–-------------------------------
    Originally posted by DoxHoliday:
    Congrats TB !!! Does this include admin tools I can run on a dedicated server?
    Yes, this does include admin tools. And I totally missed that too. Sheesh.

(Remote server administration, currently with support for BigBrotherBot since that’s just the only thing we wrote a plugin for. Should be easy for other remote admin tools to add support for the game)

This is the parser plugin for BigBrotherBot:
    http://pastebin.ca/2418586

To use it, install BigBrotherBot (per the documentation on their site), then copy that to a file called “chiv.py” in BigBrotherBot\b3\parsers, alongside the other parsers. When you set up B3, set the “game” to “chiv”.

To set the rcon port the game uses, add this to PCServer-UDKGame.ini:

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

Pasted from

• Hi !

I have installed it yesterday on my team servers. We can say it works very well :D !

The bot speaks a lot and kick automatically people when they do too much TK :o ! So we can say that yesterday PRISM was on our servers and was watching all players !

Btw, today, I’ll try to put it on a distant server and see what append ! I’ve not try the remote admin tools, but this will be my work for today ! If you have already success with that, feel free to share :D !

• Hell yeah ! It works ! :D !

I just set the remote access to our server and do a successful adminkick 8-) !

Now I’ll see how to configure this really well ! I’ve seen that we could put some stats or other cool things ! After that, if you want, I’ll try to explain how I have add BigBrotherBot on our server. The main problem is that it’s only with command line. Maybe we’ll have to make a little exe or web interface to make it easier.

Btw, thanks TB to finally let us kick some people from outside our servers :) !

• @Nicozz:

I just set the remote access to our server and do a successful adminkick 8-) !

Now I’ll see how to configure this really well ! I’ve seen that we could put some stats or other cool things ! After that, if you want, I’ll try to explain how I have add BigBrotherBot on our server. The main problem is that it’s only with command line. Maybe we’ll have to make a little exe or web interface to make it easier.

I’m kinda n00b in those things, so it would be more than great if you could put together some kind if step by step instructions. (Thanks for advance) ;)

• Would you mind posting a primer on how you did it? I downloaded BB last night and opted for the Windows installer package. So I installed mySQL on my dedicated server, set up the DB, and installed BB. I took the chiv.py file that Kimi had posted, but I could not find the directory for parsers like she had mentioned.

It then occured to me that renaming that pasted text to chiv.py would make it a python file. This was one of the BB installation options but I did not choose it, and instead just did the Windows installer.

Did you install BB using Python? Is there a way to take that chiv parser and make it work with the windows installer? I even tried renaming it to match the other ‘template’ files that looked like they were for the other games, but nogo, B3 would not recognize it.

Hey Kimiko, can we get some more information/instructions on the server admin tools please?

• Here’s some info right now that Brady posted:

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=16732#p175418

• Thanks Kimiko! I was able to get it installed and running this past weekend. I still have a lot of tweaking to do but I dig all the features. Some of the third-party B3 plugins look great also, and I’m looking forward to testing everything. Now I’m able to run news feeds, auto-tk kick, and advertise for a forum. That was one of the main things for me. My server is nearly always full and I wanted to get people’s feedback regarding map changes, etc. Some of the native admin functions are a little clunky but I can definitely work with it. Thanks again ! :)

• Glad to hear it’s going well so far Dox :)