[SOLVED] Server Error message

• I’ve had a running server for a while and it was able to run perfectly. The ports are all forwarded through my firewall, forwarded in the router, had the right ports in the config files, the batch file to run the server worked, everything was fine. Then today after the update I launched it, tried to play on my server with my friends but it was stuck loading and connecting to the server, then said connection lost. So after a lot of fixing and checking my ports and firewall along with verifying the files, I decided to do a clean install for the server. Set everything up again in the config files, got the batch, then I got this error.
    I tried just launching with the UDKGame.exe the UDKLogging.exe, nothing but this error. I verified the files again, re-downloaded it again, deleted to Chivalry beta files, verified my Chivalry files, nothing has changed. Any ideas?

• I have the exact same error. I figured once i updated the serverfiles this would go away. Post-patch error ftw.

• I have the same error, update old server files and server runs well but nobody can´t connect to server, I downloaded new server files from steamCMD and udk.exe & udkloggging.exe have APPCRASH batch and shortcut not works well, my server is OFF from this update, is a pain. I would say this problem is quite urgent.

• Okay so I was messing around with config files and that, got no results but then I changed the RUN.bat that I had made. I just decided to restart and copy and paste this line from the Ded. Server Guide.

UDK.exe AOCCTF-Moor_p?steamsockets -Port=7000 -QueryPort=7500 maxplayers=24 -seekfreeloadingserver

Then I changed the ports and map to the things I had. The error message didn’t pop up, but the CMD window didn’t stay open. I just messed around with the .bat a little bit and changed the UDK.exe to UDKGame.exe. That was what brought up that error window, the bat file using UDKGame.exe. But of course after you solve one problem another problem comes forth…

• I have the same issue as well guys, I did a fresh OS install today on my server and tried to re-install via steamcmd and that is the same error I got as well.

I also installed dxdiag, .net framework and vcdist c++ files and the game just crashes with this error:

! Problem signature:
    ! Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    ! Application Name: UDK.exe
    ! Application Version: 1.0.10246.0
    ! Application Timestamp: 52092454
    ! Fault Module Name: UDK.exe
    ! Fault Module Version: 1.0.10246.0
    ! Fault Module Timestamp: 52092454
    ! Exception Code: c0000005
    ! Exception Offset: 0066fbc1
    ! OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
    ! Locale ID: 1033
    ! Additional Information 1: b229
    ! Additional Information 2: b229902f0b11cbc3b3694fb01b24c6eb
    ! Additional Information 3: b116
    ! Additional Information 4: b11691dc9967230c7621fe24e77096b9

Event Viewer

! Faulting application name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x52092454
    ! Faulting module name: UDK.exe, version: 1.0.10246.0, time stamp: 0x52092454
    ! Exception code: 0xc0000005
    ! Fault offset: 0x0066fbc1
    ! Faulting process id: 0x768
    ! Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9a04129b2050
    ! Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    ! Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\Binaries\Win32\UDK.exe
    ! Report Id: 519d30e0-05f7-11e3-902e-e7cf99b37d87
    !
    ! Fault bucket , type 0
    ! Event Name: APPCRASH
    ! Response: Not available
    ! Cab Id: 0
    !
    ! Problem signature:
    ! P1: UDK.exe
    ! P2: 1.0.10246.0
    ! P3: 52092454
    ! P4: UDK.exe
    ! P5: 1.0.10246.0
    ! P6: 52092454
    ! P7: c0000005
    ! P8: 0066fbc1
    ! P9:
    ! P10:

• I think should fix it now

no servers, no game :berz:

• Get the same error as op on two different machines. Something wrong with the dedicated package itself?

• @McT:

Get the same error as op on two different machines. Something wrong with the dedicated package itself?

I think that is possible. My server host tried to set it up on a machine they set up and got the same error.

• Developer

Please delete PCServer-UDKEngine.ini, update, and try again. I’ve rolled out a fix for PCServer-UDKEngine.ini, and a possible fix for a rare server crash we’ve had since at least CU1 (maybe launch).

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Please delete PCServer-UDKEngine.ini, update, and try again. I’ve rolled out a fix for PCServer-UDKEngine.ini, and a possible fix for a rare server crash we’ve had since at least CU1 (maybe launch).

i can now get the udk.exe to launch and not crash… thanks…

we continue to setup server make sure it launches.

• @Kahne:

@CrustaceanSoup:

i can now get the udk.exe to launch and not crash… thanks…

we continue to setup server make sure it launches.

It’s working now. For some reason, I had to delete the folder and run the update and it worked.

Thanks for the fix.

• Developer

Good to hear. Thanks for the reports everyone :)

• Awesome! Thanks for the fix! Works fine now. :D

• -snip-

Never mind i just tried it works! thanks a lot!

(For late comers i was asking if verifying tool cache worked, it does.)