To-do-list

• First of all I like the customization update. Its a nice addition to gameplay and gives players a chance to stand out of the crowd. And as a lot will try to do this the battlefield becomes more diverse. Which is great!

But then Torn Banner announced to concentrate on another project. I would like to address the fact that there is still a lot to do in Chivalry and some things are better done earlier than later.

High priority (hotfix!):

• SHIELDS: Now that they look pretty they should regain some use in melee fighting. Either adjust them to the new stamina system (which made them so bad in comparison to weapons) or greatly reduce the stamina drain on blocks.
    • DUEL MODE INTERFACE: Its still bugged. Chat messes up the menu, the menu messes up the chat. If you miss/skip the after duel menu you will be joined into the pool even if you don’t want to. Combine this with the fact that trying to write something will make you miss the after duel menu
    • CUSTOMIZATION: Right now you need to “activate” it for every game and after each mapchance. As many people don’t know or just forget this we got less diversity sometimes (e.g. FFA and Duel servers have a lot of light grey fighters with a white lion emblem and Agatha shield).
    • DODGE OUT OF DAZE: The customization update reintruduced a bug that allowed Man at Arms to dodge out of the special daze when parrying out of stamina. As this negates the punishment for running out of stamina for the most stamina dependant class this should be fixed as soon as possible.
    • ENEMY BUBBLE: The bubble introduced in “the patch” is still at full size making attacks from behind with short weapons hard to impossible especially when the target is moving. In order to fix this issue the bubble size should be decreased and the bubble moved slightly more to the front.

Medium priority (a smaller patch in the near future/in steps):

• various bugfixes (like desyncs and ghost strikes)
    • weapon tweaking (both balance and atmosphere)
    • mechanics tweaking
    • Pavise fix (instantly exploding with or without pressure, even in tutorial)
    • provide an option to completely disable doubleclick dodge

Lower priority/Continuous improvement (for the next bigger patch/in small steps):

• more pattern choices (chevron comes to mind, also Agatha Knights might like more options affecting their shoulder armor)
    • improved tutorial (better weapon/mechanics coverage, less bugs, sparring mode)

Other ideas (not really priority but would be nice to have):

• more diverse (non-glowing) helment choices
    • variations in armor design (the part currently not affected)
    • give a non-glowing black helmet variety
    • face/hair/beard customization
    • being able to combine and/or shift emblems (at least on shields)
    • weapon skins
    • a broader color palette (like having 4 shades of blue as Agatha instead of 2)

• @Evil:

But then Torn Banner announced to concentrate on another project. I would like to address the fact that there is still a lot to do in Chivalry and some things are better done earlier than later

Really they are starting a new game ? ( Where did you read that ?)
    Cause I agree Chivalry could benefit for even more imrpovements !

I agree with your to do list.

• More like an expansion as far as I heard. Look in the “Ask TBS” subforum. Here is one mention. Fact is that it will divert resources so Chivalry will get less attention (at least for a while). This list is about things that should happen before the other project is finished.

• I think top priority needs to be the swings that just go through people.

Honestly that’s the most game-breaking thing I can find. At least shields work like they are designed to, hits don’t however.

And yes, they did state the were going to be working on an expansion. While it will cost money Slygoat has said it is going to be a big thing (“Bigger than Chivalry” in terms of content). Honestly I’m worried about the size of the team and their ability to handle the living, breathing, and growing bug list and development of more content which is sure to come with a living,breathing, and growing bug list.

And I’d give up on hopes for a better duel mode. I’ve got 200 hours in dueling right now, and was STOKED they were going to improve the duel interface. Opened up the patch… and, oh- hey look, two new graphics for defeat and victory in the frame of the old duel menu at the end of each match. I’m with ya- it would be nice, but it’s just not in the cards.

• sounds solid +1

Can you add a fix for buggy world objects to medium priority, like the stairs on hillside which will still block your path when trying to leave them leftish?

And I haven’t played yet but do canceled arrows still disappear? If yes - this should be hotfix priority

• lets get the buggy player mesh fixed too, its hard to play a game where everything you touch stops you even other players, with the flinches unfairness and the current game stoping stam drains and slow as molasis pace of the regular game its practicaly unplayable the way it is now.

• I would actually put “Improved tutorial” in the medium priority. I would also add fixing achievements in medium priority and rank glitch in high priority.

• The improved tutorial is a lot of work and the medium priority category covers things that should be done within one or two months. Especially because the customization update was not a balance patch.

Low priority are things the game needs but that can take some time to implement. The improved tutorial is such a thing.

High priorities are accute issues that hurt the game and should be solved as soon as possible. Thats why I also included the dodge bug and the bubble (prevents attacking from behind) to this.

Fixing achievements actually belongs to the last category which covers features that would improve the game but aren’t needed (achievements could be coupled to some customization options just like rank).
    I heard the rank glitch should be “fixed” (via workaround) right now but I am not exactly sure. If it still occurs it belongs to medium priority.

• @Lulzaur:

I would actually put “Improved tutorial” in the medium priority. I would also add fixing achievements in medium priority and rank glitch in high priority.

In my dreams, the glitched achieves piss me off to no end because I’m only missing the select few that are unobtainable, but I realize that balance comes before all else, as it should.

• For me the kite shields not appearing on mason backs and the lack of intuitive customization for duel mode and FFA are a priority that I hope gets hotfixed asap.