People on the red team complained that I looked like agatha

• Funny story, with the new character customization that came with the update. I changed the color of my clothes to black and grey colors mostly because I felt like it. When I got on a server, left and right teammates where hitting me and then apologizing saying they thought I looked like the enemy and that I need to change my clothes.

I liked the fact that people mistook me for the other team because I actually managed to get past the enemy team and end up at their spawn, killing several of them and laughing like hell. Then the admin kicked me from the server saying “You should change your clothes” LOL

• You have red, dark red, brown and black. No grey…?

• The colour scheme, especially for vanguards, is indeed a bit off, and seems to need a bit more work to ensure greater dissimilarity between the teams.

• If you chose colors like this you also run at a higher risk of getting killed by your own guys. This somewhat balances it out.

Then people could just not refuse to learn. There is a guy looking similar to your mates killing people at the spawn?

What a real warrior/would do:

• take a second look if somebody approaches you
    • search for differences in clothing that give the trickster away
    • get used to model/emblem differences
    • try to get used to your allies appearance to spot “false friends”
    • in general: wear stronger colored coloring to avoid getting mistaken (if the whole team does it tricksters are easier to spot)

What a video game scrub does:

• cry in chat
    • demand the “lamer” to get kicked/try to kick him
    • rush to the forum complaining about color schemes being able to used this way
      - refuse to do the things mentioned above (because its “cheap” and people just shouldn’t do it)
    • keep playing with an outfit as dark as possible himself (providing “cover” to the “spy”)

• I only get slightly confused between black and the dark blue on vanguards in citadel. I usually have to take a second look or look at the helmet.

Otherwise its not too hard. And the shapes of each character is different on each side.

There was a black vanguard who had orange on his emblem. And nobody mistook him.

• @Apicius:

The colour scheme, especially for vanguards, is indeed a bit off, and seems to need a bit more work to ensure greater dissimilarity between the teams.

Well the main problem with telling vanguards apart is that they have the same model, armor, and helmet. This makes it so that you can only tell vanguards apart by their colors which takes a lot of getting used to.

• Just from the start I’d assume grey/black would be mason as they’re the shadey traitors.

• @giantyak:

Just from the start I’d assume grey/black would be mason as they’re the shadey traitors.

Exactly what I think as well.

My man at arms is wearing black but has a Red trim. No confusion.

Though archers and the man a arms are the easier to tell apart. Even without helmets. The knight gets a little harder and the vanguard on citadel can make me do a double take.

• I don’t understand why people are getting confused with this. Black = mason. Agatha cannot use black as a main color for their armor, only the trim/decal. When people start using tan/beige it can get odd but most people don’t use those as main colors. I’ve only team killed one person today; he was an agatha archer, all beige colored and had a white/black skull emblem. Sucks for him, he knows he’s taking the risk.

• @Coaster_Man:

I don’t understand why people are getting confused with this. Black = mason. Agatha cannot use black as a main color for their armor, only the trim/decal. When people start using tan/beige it can get odd but most people don’t use those as main colors. I’ve only team killed one person today; he was an agatha archer, all beige colored and had a white/black skull emblem. Sucks for him, he knows he’s taking the risk.

The helmet is a giveaway.

And its not beige its gold. Mason has a beige brown.

• @Evil:

If you chose colors like this you also run at a higher risk of getting killed by your own guys. This somewhat balances it out.

Then people could just not refuse to learn. There is a guy looking similar to your mates killing people at the spawn?

What a real warrior/would do:

• take a second look if somebody approaches you
    • search for differences in clothing that give the trickster away
    • get used to model/emblem differences
    • try to get used to your allies appearance to spot “false friends”
    • in general: wear stronger colored coloring to avoid getting mistaken (if the whole team does it tricksters are easier to spot)

What a video game scrub does:

• cry in chat
    • demand the “lamer” to get kicked/try to kick him
    • rush to the forum complaining about color schemes being able to used this way
      - refuse to do the things mentioned above (because its “cheap” and people just shouldn’t do it)
    • keep playing with an outfit as dark as possible himself (providing “cover” to the “spy”)

team damage is lower then enemy damage, black colors look like blue a lot in fog, hopefully we all get used to it because I think the customization looks great and black is my favorite getup.

• My mason VG is solid black, and my agatha is solid dark blue/navy…. no emblem with the dullest helmet. . Under certain in-game lighting or distance, it because difficult to distinguish the colors, especially in the heat of the moment. If your health is low and your screen gets the “color-blind filter”, it makes it much harder to tell the difference. If I was to go “no helmet”, the VG models will be identical, besides the small difference in color.

I’ve been in many humorous situations in which the enemy is oblivious to my hostile presence, but this one scenario takes the cake. In a 42-man CtF Ruin match, i stumbled upon the enemies spawn point that is in one of the buildings. Because of the high density of enemies in one spot, I was able to “fit in” and it took them quite a long while for them to notice that I was discreetly taking out the squishy enemies. The oblivious ones would just run past me without a second thought.

• @OldSpice:

My mason VG is solid black, and my agatha is solid dark blue/navy…. no emblem with the dullest helmet. . Under certain in-game lighting or distance, it because difficult to distinguish the colors, especially in the heat of the moment. If your health is low and your screen gets the “color-blind filter”, it makes it much harder to tell the difference. If I was to go “no helmet”, the VG models will be identical, besides the small difference in color.

I’ve been in many humorous situations in which the enemy is oblivious to my hostile presence, but this one scenario takes the cake. In a 42-man CtF Ruin match, i stumbled upon the enemies spawn point that is in one of the buildings. Because of the high density of enemies in one spot, I was able to “fit in” and it took them quite a long while for them to notice that I was discreetly taking out the squishy enemies. The oblivious ones would just run past me without a second thought.

The belts they wear are slightly different as I recall.

• You choose that particular colour scheme, it’s your own fault.
    I often get attacked by teammates as an Agatha maa that is completely straw yellow, but sometimes turns red after taking damage. It’s my fault, so I deal with it, just block your teammates and run away using the NO! voice command.

• You choose that particular colour scheme, it’s your own fault.

You can’t recognize different models for different teams, it’s your own fault.

• @Holy.Death:

You choose that particular colour scheme, it’s your own fault.

You can’t recognize different models for different teams, it’s your own fault.

I think with time, people will get better at identifying the differences between black and dark blue.

• Probably. I am just pointing out that attacking people, because attacker failed to realize both what color and model someone else on his team has, doesn’t absolve the attacker. I had gold-white outfit for my knight and still got attacked on the base that “you were all red”. People will try any excuse to blame someone else for THEIR mistake.

• @Holy.Death:

Probably. I am just pointing out that attacking people, because attacker failed to realize both what color and model someone else on his team has, doesn’t absolve the attacker. I had gold-white outfit for my knight and still got attacked on the base that “you were all red”. People will try any excuse to blame someone else for THEIR mistake.

Keep in mind that before customization you would occasionally be killed by a guy who said he saw red on you (blood decal) and attacked too quickly. Honestly no one ever seemed to be a dick about it because they all understood (I know I did, happened to me a while back) that it just happens sometimes.

Now, factor that in with these new customizations that aren’t familiar. Dark blue with blood decals especially reads as mason. It happened before the patch, it will surely happen after the patch.

Maybe you were covered in red (again- blood decals). I’m sorry but team kills happen, and acting like you’re too good to make that mistake, even once or twice, is a little difficult to believe. At the very least you should be able to understand it.

I have a hard time believing the increased amount of TKs are trolls believing they can now just “get away with it for an excuse”. These are honest mistakes, like they were before.

• Maybe you were covered in red (again- blood decals).

How much blood? On the WHITE AGATHAN KNIGHT?

I’m sorry but team kills happen, and acting like you’re too good to make that mistake, even once or twice, is a little difficult to believe. At the very least you should be able to understand it.

Yes, team kills do happen, especially in heat of combat. However. In my case (when I kill) team kills happen due to other factors than identity and are related strictly to combat and positioning. The only moment outside of that - when I actually teamkilled - was a long time ago when I’ve got teamswitched and saw “enemy archers”. I’ll underline that I knew who they were.

When I am teamkilled that usually happens outside of real combat. Just some fool attacks me for no reason other than he’s too lazy to remember the models or he’s colorblinded and mistakes black for something else. Colorblinded people I can forgive (it’s not their fault they see what’s not there). Lazy people - not. I find this really hard to forgive when models I am wearing are completely different from that of the enemy team.

I have a hard time believing the increased amount of TKs are trolls believing they can now just “get away with it for an excuse”. These are honest mistakes, like they were before.

Honest mistake doesn’t justify itself. Just as being new doesn’t justify slashing through teammates. I was playing with some guy once and he killed me like six times. Then I thought I have to draw a line somewhere to teach him to stop and initiated a votekick. He was kicked and had a high percentage of team damage. I am doing the same here - acting dumb and attacking first without checking properly who’s who shouldn’t be tolerated. They should be the first to make sure they’re attacking proper people. You made a mistake? Don’t be sorry. Make sure you don’t do that ever again. Excuses absolve them so they don’t care much if they teamkill or not. That cannot stand. Instead of justyfing them demand of them to pay more attention to what they do.

• I think there is a bug where a mason ends up with agathian colors. I recall seeing a mason rocking white and blue which should not be possible.