Have some originality, you plonkers!

• I’m talking about that demographic of lovely individuals who think they’re oh-so brilliant by dressing all their Masons in pitch black with skulls and other “hardcore” emblems. Have the Masons become the “Knights of the !EDGY! table” or what?

Please, put some pizzazz in your outfits! You can be evil and stylish!

• Then give us more good colors?

• There’s brown, red, all those trims and a wide array of icons to choose from - more than enough choice to create something that doesn’t look all emo.

And of course black when used with other colours is a very nice choice too.

• To me Agatha has much wider array of colors that mix very well together (gold and white, white with black emblems, blue and white, etc.). Masons has much more limited options - going black with white emblems and trying out red with gold trimming. I have no idea what brown can be used for as it’s just plain ugly. Change brown for something more useful.

• nvm this post, after another look at customisation, i changed my mind. problem with Masons is the detail colors cannot reproduce the Mason four faction colors, which makes it hard to make something nice. Agatha can reproduce most of their faction colors.

! lol, i hate the pale yellow and meh at the white, so i feel much more limited with Agatha, though i’m satisfied with my dark blue with a light-blue eclipse emblem that i use on all Agathan classes.
    !
    ! as for Masons, the red they use is two shades of fairly ugly brownish red, bright or dark. and then there’s a muddy dark beige, that’s alright but not great, and a muddy dark-grey that only looks black on a knight.
    !
    ! yeah, i’m loving the customisation options, but it’s fairly rudimentary, yet with too many different emblems to choose between.

• I really don’t think the game is lacking in original customisation choices; it looks like a 75% realistic period costume and 25% neon nightmare to me. I’m sort of hoping that people might get bored of their wacky choices.

I mean cerise pink? Did somebody actually say “yeah great palette but what about cerise pink; I’ve seen some films about medieval shit and stuff and from what I remember, it looked just like a bad '80’s disco”.

Still; guess it makes the game a bit more interesting.

• @Reginhard:

I really don’t think the game is lacking in original customisation choices; it looks like a 75% realistic period costume and 25% neon nightmare to me. I’m sort of hoping that people might get bored of their wacky choices.

I mean cerise pink? Did somebody actually say “yeah great palette but what about cerise pink; I’ve seen some films about medieval shit and stuff and from what I remember, it looked just like a bad '80’s disco”.

Yeah, this. Why would people even want to dress in neon colours? Another thing that annoys me are the rather… silly… emblems people seem to like x) Not dissing anyone who won and got their emblem in the game, I’m sure some people find my emblems silly too, but a lot of people seem to prefer to wear sandwiches and kittens.

• @SavageBeatings:

@Reginhard:

I really don’t think the game is lacking in original customisation choices; it looks like a 75% realistic period costume and 25% neon nightmare to me. I’m sort of hoping that people might get bored of their wacky choices.

Yeah, this. Why would people even want to dress in neon colours? Another thing that annoys me are the rather… silly… emblems people seem to like x) Not dissing anyone who won and got their emblem in the game, I’m sure some people find my emblems silly too, but a lot of people seem to prefer to wear sandwiches and kittens.

I’ve noticed alot of those are higher level, skilled players. Like you can’t take the guy seriously cuz he has a giant kitten on his chest. But he still whoops your ass anyway hahaha.

• I love the word Plonker.

• Masons have always been a little goth I think.

• I predicted a few of the regulars I play with would dress in neon/all pink etc, and I was completely correct.

Let people be all HXC, that’s the whole point of customisation.

My FFA Agatha Knight is dark grey with black highlights on the armour and a bright orange outlined Messy Bear with contrasting lighter grey on the inside. (Now that I think of it, it’s incredibly like this forum design.) but I made mine before the new forum was released so TB copied me :’(

• It’s funny that you posted this because today while playing mason on Dark Forest about 6/8 of my mason teammates were just solid black, with a white emblem.

• Going a bit off topic here but wouldn’t it be a little less painful on the eye if some of the palette was toned down a bit? White looks too much like pure light; the pinks and greens look like neon and black looks like shiny rubber which make the knights look like they are wearing a gimp suit .

• Masons are lacking something in the base colours IMO. compared to Agatha.
    Apart from that, the only issue I have is with that god awful pink, just make it a more royal purple please (like what was actually realistic for those times).

I love the straw yellow for Agatha at least, I love looking like a banana.

• I would love to put some pizza in my outfit

• @NaTe:

I predicted a few of the regulars I play with would dress in neon/all pink etc, and I was completely correct.

Let people be all HXC, that’s the whole point of customisation.

My FFA Agatha Knight is dark grey with black highlights on the armour and a bright orange outlined Messy Bear with contrasting lighter grey on the inside. (Now that I think of it, it’s incredibly like this forum design.) but I made mine before the new forum was released so TB copied me :’(

Ah, I love to see when people use my creation! :D

• completely relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grH7_zuvaVY

How the hell do you imbed a video?

So, what I’m saying is- if you want to stop this you MUST burn down the Mason Order’s Hot Topic. That should be an objective for the expansion.

• I agree, full black is just bollocks. And Agahtian colors do mix better than the Mason ones.

I mix up my colors as bright as I can; sadly, the number of patterns I would use is serverely limited to those that include colored plate parts. Why would I chose a checkers-type tabard that leaves shoulders and knees grey if the striped tabard lets me color them as well?

Though, I have to admit I use the slightly silly rooster emblem on the Agathians since it was the closest thing I could get to a Mason eagle :>

Bok Bok I say!

• @GrizzlyHeisen:

Ah, I love to see when people use my creation! :D

I didn’t read through the emblem thread that much but if it was you who created the Messy Bear, thank you very much!
    I wanted to make a Messer orientated Emblem myself but I was too lazy, when I saw that I was gleaming with excitement :D

Everyone else ignored the Messer :’(

• I was working on a clan design for KILA the very first day of the patch and both Mason and Agatha were as dark as we could go with a skull. Within a few days I saw more and more. I knew it would be copied and now two weeks later, I no longer feel original. But I do know I was the first to do it that I had seen. It would be awesome if we could design out own logo and have that uploaded/downloaded on each server like the sprays are on HL2. That way I could actually have a unique clan logos.

So in response to the OP, I was the first and everyone else are plonkers….