How exactly can I ban somebody?

• Had a couple of d-bags on my little server. By the time I figured out how to ban them they were gone. So I looked through the logs and I’m having trouble finding anything useful.

Where can I find their IDs (in the log) so I can put them in my banlist? Heck I don’t even see player names in the log. I don’t see anything that makes sense in there.

• They made banning more difficult. Tab+B click on their name an click admin ban.

And now after the patch you have to do go to the console and type in “confirmkickban 0” for each person. Which is dumb.

• It also seems to ask me for a duration. I think putting 0 for duration makes it forever.

Anyway it’s dumb and now I just want to know why the log doesn’t say anything useful. I’d like to give them a ban now instead of waiting to catch them in the future when they are actually on. Can I ban them while they aren’t on the server?

And is it just me or do I have to log in as admin every time the map changes?

• yep you have to relogin each time map changes.

It’s good to bind a key to admin login e.g. open console and do

setbind o adminlogin ###

where ‘o’ is the key to login as admin and ### is your admin password

• You server doesn’t store information about players.

The getplayerinfo command can get their steam 64bit UID. But they have to be in game.

• this doesnt even work, so now after the patch we cant even kick or ban any one?
    thats just great.

• @WARSAW:

this doesnt even work, so now after the patch we cant even kick or ban any one?
    thats just great.

It does work it just takes more time to do.

• @lemonater47:

They made banning more difficult. Tab+B click on their name an click admin ban.

And now after the patch you have to do go to the console and type in “confirmkickban 0” for each person. Which is dumb.

In the next patch, you still give reasons via console, but it’s fixed for those who do admin kicks and bans via the scoreboard (so you do NOT have to give a reason - it will give a generic reason instead).

• could you please explain step by step how to ban some one, that would be much appreciated.

for some reason i can only get the kick to work.

• @WARSAW:

could you please explain step by step how to ban some one, that would be much appreciated.

for some reason i can only get the kick to work.

Adminkick/ban from the scoreboard seems to be broken.

From the console:

open console

login as admin (usually adminlogin ### (where ### is your rcon password)

type: adminkickban monkey
    (if you were banning me for example)

a list of matching players will appear e.g.

0. MonkeyFiend
    1. Othermonkey

type: confirmban 0 0 being great

the first 0 is the player ID from above, so 0 is monkeyfiend, if you wanted to ban othermonkey you’d use 1.

The second 0 represents the length of the ban. 0 is a permanent ban

Then a reason for the ban

• thanks alot MonkeyFiend, much apreciated my friend.