RCON of Fail

• WOW, incredibly disappointed in this as you have to have a computer science degree to install and set it up Big Brother Bot (WHOOT OPEN SOURCE! = free and nerd tastic!), providing that your game provider allows you to install anything on their servers. I guess my ignorance is getting the best of me but you really expect us to go through all that to get what should be simple to work? How hard would it be to copy or simulate how it worked in the Source Engine? Looks I am going to have to hire somebody to set this up specially since there is little to no support or information on the TB side of things. Will this be coming? How hard would it be to do a Chivalry specific, step by step tutorial because the Big Brother Bot isnt really all that user friendly unless you are a programmer.

Guess i will wait for something more easier to set up and use. Why not have the config files already set up and port it to HLSW? HLSW supports UDK games. Guess I am asking way too much. Better start learning how to set up databases……

Hopefully some genius in the community will post a step by step tutorial.

• Chivalry isn’t even a supported game for big brother bot. That’s the problem.

I’ve used it before for COD 4. And since that game is an actual supported game it was more or less easy to setup and use.

I gave up trying to get it to work for chivalry.

• Developer

Big brother bot plans to support Chivalry in its next update. Hopefully it will make it easier to setup at that time.

• @Tibberius:

Big brother bot plans to support Chivalry in its next update. Hopefully it will make it easier to setup at that time.

No shit. As when its supported all you have to do is select the game and boom you are away.

• So let me get this right, after I hopefully chose the right version fo BBB to install I have to then,
    Install Python,
    Instal MySql,
    then install the set up tools,
    then install MySql-Python,
    then Install BBB,
    then I have to install the environment,
    create a database,
    then initialize the database,
    then set up BBB’s main config file,
    then I have to run BBB
    this is not even including all the admin plugins that are needed to be installed and set up……
    then once it is all tweaked
    then tested,
    then teaching all my other admins how to admin,
    Yeah simple.

• @Retsnom:

So let me get this right, after I hopefully chose the right version fo BBB to install I have to then,
    Install Python,
    Instal MySql,
    then Install BBB,
    create a database,
    then I have to run BBB
    this is not even including all the admin plugins that are needed to be installed and set up……
    then tested,
    Yeah simple.

If you run a windows system just install the .exe
    then install Mysql and set up database
    config b3.xml

volia

• @erich199:

@Retsnom:

So let me get this right, after I hopefully chose the right version fo BBB to install I have to then,
    Install Python,
    Instal MySql,
    then Install BBB,
    create a database,
    then I have to run BBB
    then tested,
    Yeah simple.

If you run a windows system just install the .exe
    then install Mysql and set up database
    config b3.xml

volia

I think he wants to know how to do it in English.

• Um those are the break down of the instructions on the BBB site. There is no information on which version of BBB to install once you jump through all those hoops, and there are a lot of hoops. There is also no simplified instruction what so ever. Like I said if you are a programmer it might be simple as Viola but for the average simple gamer, this is close to impossible.

• Developer

We don’t currently have any of our own custom rcon client tools. We don’t have any plans to create our own client tools since there are many such clients provided by other people which are quite mature, with large communities around them and numerous plugins and whatnot. We can’t provide support for someone else’s software.

We can only support our side of it. If a developer wants to get our rcon protocol working with another piece of software, we can help to a degree. We’ve got the protocol documented.

• Developer

@lemonater47:

Chivalry isn’t even a supported game for big brother bot. That’s the problem.

I’ve used it before for COD 4. And since that game is an actual supported game it was more or less easy to setup and use.

You can get a version of B3 that supports it right now, including with a nice Windows installer, unless they’ve since removed the parser for it for some reason.

We’ve written a Chivalry parser for BigBrotherBot which has been integrated into the program. As far as I know it hasn’t made it into a stable release yet, but you can download the B3 daily builds which, as of v1.10.dev.daily68, include the parser. http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily/

To use BigBrotherBot, you should still follow the directions on their site for installing and configuring it, but use a daily build (at least v1.10.dev.daily68) from the above link. When setting up the bot, set the “game” to chiv

To set the rcon port the game uses, add this to PCServer-UDKGame.ini:

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

• @CrustaceanSoup:

@lemonater47:

Chivalry isn’t even a supported game for big brother bot. That’s the problem.

You can get a version of B3 that supports it right now, including with a nice Windows installer, unless they’ve since removed the parser for it for some reason.

We’ve written a Chivalry parser for BigBrotherBot which has been integrated into the program. As far as I know it hasn’t made it into a stable release yet, but you can download the B3 daily builds which, as of v1.10.dev.daily68, include the parser. http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily/

To use BigBrotherBot, you should still follow the directions on their site for installing and configuring it, but use a daily build (at least v1.10.dev.daily68) from the above link. When setting up the bot, set the “game” to chiv

To set the rcon port the game uses, add this to PCServer-UDKGame.ini:

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

Yes I know they have done it now. Should have really been done before the patch went live.

• Developer

They’re not on our patch schedule, we’re not on theirs. We got the parser to them once we finished it.