REQUEST: Big Brother Bot Tutorial

• Since BBB doesn’t list chivalry as a supported game i would like to know which BBB features actually work for chiv before install it

• Compared to how the admin works in AOC / Source engine vs Chiv, AOC was rainbows and unicorns of easy utopia where BBB is a quagmire of overwhelming dung heap of fail. It is an after thought if you had to go to a free open source remote admin that does most of the work for yo, providing you can get through much of the technical bullshit.

• Once I have one, I will get it to you. Myself, I expected something different and a bit more user friendly, but this is what we have to work with. So please be patient and something will be coming your way shortly.

• @Kimiko:

Once I have one, I will get it to you. Myself, I expected something different and a bit more user friendly, but this is what we have to work with. So please be patient and something will be coming your way shortly.

Well who’s idea was it to use BBB? When its not a supported game.

• Hi all ! First of all you should take one of this installer :

http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily/

Personnaly, I have took the “b3-1.10.0dev.daily85-20130812.zip”. But I’m on Debian !
    This version is compatible with Chivalry ! With that, you just have to follow the tutorial on the website and it’ll work :-D ! Because I’ve try to do like Kimi said, but nothing works. In this version, chiv is supported.

I’m looking for making a exe to remote control the bot. For the moment, I’ve only make a web page to kick someone from our server.

If you want to see the bot, come on our server : [FR] Morte Couille ! Team Objective.

http://www.morte-couille.fr

I’ll try to explain how to install remote control later :) !

• For installation, I just give you some more links :

http://wiki.bigbrotherbot.net/installation:start

http://forum.bigbrotherbot.net/installation-support/(tutorial)-how-to-install-b3-on-windows-for-dumb-!/

To install it on my server, I’ve followed the same step, adapted for Debian, and it works well !

• Next after that, you have to install a 3rd party plugins to enable the remote control.
    Here is the plugin :

http://forum.bigbrotherbot.net/download … w;down=202

And here the tutorial to install a plugin :

http://wiki.bigbrotherbot.net/support:plugins

Then, the plugin allow you to send some UDP or TCP message to your BOT. You simply have to register a client in your Big Brother Bot Database. Then, the message you should send to him are like :

[password] @[id in db] [command]

For example, I want to say something with the bot. In Game I will wrote : !say Hello World
    In my client database, my admin login is ‘Nicozz’, my password ‘pass’ and this client ID is ‘5
    So I’ll send this to my bot with remote control : pass @5 !say Hello world

I hope you’ll understand what I’ve try to explain :) ! Feel free to ask some question !

• Developer

The parser has been integrated in B3, you no longer need to download the file.

As far as I know it hasn’t made it into a stable release yet, but you can download the B3 daily builds which, as of v1.10.dev.daily68, include the parser. http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily/

When you set up the bot, following the directions on the B3 site, use “chiv” as the game / parser name.

To set the port that the game uses to communicate with B3, in PCServer-UDKGame.ini add (or edit):

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

• Good to hear Crustacean, thanks for the info. I was just downloading B3 from their main site :? - looking forward to giving it another shot.

• There is still way too much geek speak and programmer talk to understand it. Follow the directions on the site? LOLS the average player is not a programer, does not understand Debian, mysql, Parse. Hell I barley know what those terms mean. Seriously this may seem easy for you but most need it completely dumbed down and idiot proof. This is far from it.

• @CrustaceanSoup:

The parser has been integrated in B3, you no longer need to download the file.

As far as I know it hasn’t made it into a stable release yet, but you can download the B3 daily builds which, as of v1.10.dev.daily68, include the parser. http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily/

When you set up the bot, following the directions on the B3 site, use “chiv” as the game / parser name.

To set the port that the game uses to communicate with B3, in PCServer-UDKGame.ini add (or edit):

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

when i do this RconPort=26997
    it makes my server invisible to the master server list…
    when i change the rcon to match the game port, it works fine. and b3 is running, just gotta get full control… !rules are spamming…

• So I got the B3 installed and it works and says it is ready to go. However; nothing happens when I enter the game.

What step did I miss?

• wow, so you remove all the modding files, ruin the in game admin and now require us to download a 3rd party nightmare to admin our servers just to be able to kick or ban trolls and hackers that are rampant after the last nerf/patch?

when does the screwing over admins end, seriously its one thing after another consistently.

• @WARSAW:

wow, so you remove all the modding files, ruin the in game admin and now require us to download a 3rd party nightmare to admin our servers just to be able to kick or ban trolls and hackers that are rampant after the last nerf/patch?

when does the screwing over admins end, seriously its one thing after another consistently.

“…just to be able to kick or ban trolls and hackers that are rampant after the last nerf/patch”

WTF are you on about?

• Ok so first off what is getting installed where exactly? What has to be installed on the server and what has to be installed on my PC? Keep in mind that I am clearly renting a server from NFO.

IF this is installed on my PC and not the Remote game server, I do all that set up so that will be running on my already slow assed PC? UGh….

• @WARSAW:

wow, so you remove all the modding files, ruin the in game admin and now require us to download a 3rd party nightmare to admin our servers just to be able to kick or ban trolls and hackers that are rampant after the last nerf/patch?

Massengil or Summer’s Eve?

Thank you TB for finally answering our requests to implement a proper working rcon. Please ignore the clueless noobs that do not understand the need for what you have accomplished. The B3 implementation is exactly what I was hoping, and asking for. NOW I can actually recruit and add admins to our server.

Again, thank you.

Installed and working perfectly so far on our server.

• I’m a little confused by that thing too. We are supposed to install it on the same machine the server is running on, I guess? So it basically serves as an “admin management server”. Is that correct? If so, how do we use its features then? The site says we can do it while being “in-game”, but is there a client that does not need you do be ingame?

• Basically, you can install the bot where you want. On the same server or on a distant server. When you configure the bot, you will set the adress of your game server. So, if it’s the same, you’ll set 127.0.0.1 for IP address. If it’s distant, you’ll set the distant IP :) .

So, it’s NOT an obligation to install the bot on the same server as the game server.

Then, if you don’t install a specific plugin (remote control), you’ll not be able to “distant control” the bot. It’ll be only “in-game control”.
    For the moment, there is no “user friendly” client to remote control the bot. Maybe I’ll develop one, but there’s some unanswered question I need to resolve before.

• @Nicozz:

Basically, you can install the bot where you want. On the same server or on a distant server. When you configure the bot, you will set the adress of your game server. So, if it’s the same, you’ll set 127.0.0.1 for IP address. If it’s distant, you’ll set the distant IP :) .

So, it’s NOT an obligation to install the bot on the same server as the game server.

Then, if you don’t install a specific plugin (remote control), you’ll not be able to “distant control” the bot. It’ll be only “in-game control”.
    For the moment, there is no “user friendly” client to remote control the bot. Maybe I’ll develop one, but there’s some unanswered question I need to resolve before.

Yes, I got it figured out soon after posting here. Developing a client might be something I’m interessted intoo, I just can’t decide if I should create one for direct rcon control, or write one for BigBrother.

• @TacTicToe:

Massengil or Summer’s Eve?

Thank you TB for finally answering our requests to implement a proper working rcon. Please ignore the clueless noobs that do not understand the need for what you have accomplished. The B3 implementation is exactly what I was hoping, and asking for. NOW I can actually recruit and add admins to our server.

Again, thank you.

Installed and working perfectly so far on our server.

That was uncalled for. I too have installed it and was testing it this weekend. But the overall documentation for B3 is piss poor, and you know it. So quit gloating at others’ expense - it just makes you look like a tool. :?

Thanks TB for including this! Overall I am pleased with it, and there’s not that much of a performance hit on the server itself. The config files are easily tweakable, and you can test changes on the fly and stop/restart B3 while UDK is running. The default plugins allow for several levels of admin access, news feeds/advertising, etc which is great.

I’m going to try to document the install procedures for the Windows installer package of B3, including the mySQL install.

The TK plugin config out of the box needs to be tweaked a bit for Chiv, imho. Specifically the max point # before auto kicking (not sure if there’s a minimum value?). There’s lots of splash melee damage in this game and the module was designed more for a shooter.

As Tac said, now we can recruit. For me one of the main things I was looking for was the ability to spam our website/motd etc in-game, and this can now be done. Thanks again TB - Huzzah !