MaA can now dodge out of anything

• Even the goddamn stun… dodge out ur safe… OP

no fun to duel maa anymore.

Also, the shield 1 handers are not blocking correctly, insta hits just like polearms and everything else, my guess is the bubble is hitbox… PLEASE FFS LOOK INTO THIS! this is totally bs.

Bearded axe is totally broken. Maa is totally broken

daggars can hardly be blocked, they flinch every attack possible, while maa can dodge out of anything, its totally fucked.

• ?

Dodge wasn’t changed at all?

Was it? I know it was nerfed in the balance patch beforehand.

• the fact that they can dodge out of the stun lock? if you get stun locked you should be out of stamina, maa can dodge out of the attack you can normall hit them in. If you’re not also playing maa and even if you are… you’re main focus is to train their stamina so they can’t dodge out of every attack possible, but you stun lock them, and they can immediately dodge right out of it. I had it happen to me 2 times in 1 duel, back to back. I stun locked he dodged out, i caused parry like 2 more times, stun locked agian, and he dodged out of it. Fucking Bullshit. I know this game is not balanced around 1v1… but come the fuck on. I just went against 10 maa in a row… went 10-0 so i won them all, not bitching cuz i lost, but that’s fucking bullshit… please acknowledge that it’s bullshit. Since the patch they can now dodge out of stun lock too, so draining stamina isn’t even as viable anymore. Plus in 1v1 now… they can take 2 seconds to regain all their stamina and start dodging wild again. Plus… the dodge timer isn’t working either, they cand dodge, dodge, dodge, even if you come at them and dont counter and miss, they’ll block anythnig with recovery parry… if you follow the dodges they can dodge again and again, then if they get stun locked they can dodge out of that too… such bullshit… BULL…SHIT…

• i’m thinking something with the timer change or w/e allows them now to dodge out of the stun lock… which is complete bullshit especially in duel where the focus is to drain their stamina against maa… they are so OP now in duel it’s ridiculous. And holy water sprinkler shield combo is so fast you can hardly block it. The fist hits you in the face for overheads, even the slash is too fast… it’s ridiculous, go duel some maa… you’ll see. Rank 20’s and below playing like gods because maa is so fucked up.

Ill also comment about polearms and such still doing instant overheads, but the bearded axe is so broken too, it’s already really fast with overheads, but now the handle hits so it’s even faster and damn near impossible to block… god the bullshit in this game is reaching a whole new level.

• I thought they already fixed the MAA dodge-out-of-stun bug ages ago -__-

• well, it’s back, i can do a video if you all would like, i’ll prove it.

• Oh no, I already experienced this. I don’t need additional confirmation, don’t worry.

• I’m pretty sure this is a bug. Probably caused by the changes to dodge in flinch. I’m guessing someone decided to just make it so MaA can dodge in any flinch, without checking for special daze status. :P

• once again nerfed to shit and major lack of testing, as if you can even play the game with the ridicolous stun dazes and stam drains, its getting even more pathetic already if thats even possible.

• Just like to point out there’s plenty of states an MAA can’t dodge in. After a missed block, for instance. If there were more MAA players this might get more complaints, as it seems a mechanic purely introduced to give more power to feinting and crippling the one thing that sets the MAA apart. The only criteria for an MAA dodge nerf seems to be ‘when he’ll need it’. Would it save his life if he could do it in X situation? Hm. Better take it away then.

Dodging while stunned though, clearly a bug. Not a cause for another MAA omni-whine.

• ^ this guy

• Yep. Me.

Also, lets not balance for duel, eh?

• i know the game isn’t balanced around duel, but that’s a grey area for me. In team games you’re often fighting with your team and such, but in larger battlegrounds you have plenty of 1v1 situations… so whether you balance around team or 1v1, you still KIND of have to do both a bit.

There’s also a duel mode as well, so since they’ve created that now, i guess we should just expect that to never be balanced…

• Not the place to have the discussion really, but…

You’re right about the team game, bit of a general melee, and 1v1 situations. But balancing for both doesn’t mean every class stands an equal chance in each arena. Knights, with their added health, good range and damage are going to do well in the general melee. Likewise vanguards. A Man at Arms, with poor health, low range and damage is going to suffer. High mobility doesn’t count for much when you’re bumping into people and getting surrounded.

For my money MAA doesn’t excel ENOUGH in 1v1 to quite make up for the abysmal performance in the scrum. He has a bit of an edge, but he’s far from OP, as evidenced by him being in a minority. As this is a claim people are (pointlessly) going to refute I’m going to join 3 Team Objective games at random and (not at all scientifically) prove it.

Official Classic #09 UK
    A: 7
    M: 3
    V: 2 (surprising, but a good scientist doesn’t withhold results that disprove a hypothesis)
    K: 8

Jim Lahey’s I am the Liquor Mixer
    A: 3
    M: 6
    V: 8 (more like what I expected, thanks Jim Lahey.)
    K: 7

SneakyMonkeys.com 50 PLAYER CARNAGE
    A: 14
    M: 7
    V: 11
    K: 12

Totals:
    Archer: 24
    Man at Arms: 16
    Vanguard: 21
    Knight: 27

HMMMMMMM. Thank you, Science. Now the only possible recourse for the doubter here is to say Team Objective is not the only or most important game type around which the game should be balanced, to which I say nuh-uh, it is too and you’re dumb.

What was the thread about again?

• you’ve been playing how long? If more folks aren’t using maa that’s their problem, they haven’t realized it’s power… simple as that. Also, most people don’t play maa correctly. Not to sound like an ass but it’s going to… you severely lack knowledge about this game. Most players currently are new to the game, as i believe you are. They choose more archer, vanguard, and knights because of the big long swords, and the ranged weapons. Vanguards are their own animal now but more are going knight and archer for range, or a combination of power and damage. Also, vanguards have shit for health as well, can get 2 shot from maa, 2 r one shot from knight, even maa can take down a knight with 3 hits, or two if you’re carrying a firepot… You saying that increased mobility of the men at arms, as well as it’s speed and dodging ability doesn’t mean much… well that just shows pure ignorance of the fact that it makes all the difference.

and of course this is the place to have a discussion, this is a forum, that’s what it’s about.

• @clayton-bigsby:

you’ve been playing how long? If more folks aren’t using maa that’s their problem, they haven’t realized it’s power…

lmao, as if a midget thats 3ft 6 with 2 foot weapons thats has been nerfed more times then chivalry itself has any power left, lmao clayton that was truly amusing

the stun dazes in this game are a fucking joke, you can barely play this molasis fest as it is with the current stam drains and unfair combat system yet you guys cry for more times when you can kill an imobilized victim, is there any skill left in this nerf fest.

lets nerf it more, that will make us good players.pfff

• @clayton-bigsby:

you’ve been playing how long? If more folks aren’t using maa that’s their problem, they haven’t realized it’s power… simple as that. Also, most people don’t play maa correctly. Not to sound like an ass but it’s going to… you severely lack knowledge about this game. Most players currently are new to the game, as i believe you are. They choose more archer, vanguard, and knights because of the big long swords, and the ranged weapons. Vanguards are their own animal now but more are going knight and archer for range, or a combination of power and damage. Also, vanguards have shit for health as well, can get 2 shot from maa, 2 r one shot from knight, even maa can take down a knight with 3 hits, or two if you’re carrying a firepot… You saying that increased mobility of the men at arms, as well as it’s speed and dodging ability doesn’t mean much… well that just shows pure ignorance of the fact that it makes all the difference.

and of course this is the place to have a discussion, this is a forum, that’s what it’s about.

You’re absolutely right, you do sound like an ass. :P

I don’t see how time played is relevant. I’ve seen experienced players come out with absolute shit, and some first impressions hit the nail on the head as far as balance goes. But if it matters let me check steam. 455 hours. Long enough?

I’ve played every class. Vanguard for the longest, but I haven’t played him recently. Currently, as you’ll see from my threads in the bug forum, I’m on a bit of a javelin/maa/flail jaunt. Playing around the classes truly gives you a better picture of whats what balance wise. I suggest you play some maa if it’s so bloody easy. Javelin has so many bugs it’ll make you weep.

I was pretty clear that maa’s mobility doesn’t mean much IN THE MELEE. It’s everything in the open, in fact the only thing that keeps him alive.

For the knight, what keeps him alive is the health. You have to take a hit or two to bring a skilled MAA to heel and that’s fine because a knight CAN do that. As an MAA I’ve noticed most knights take a hit or two and completely fall to pieces, trying to hit back mid combo like they stand a chance, or just giving up entirely. The good ones keep their cool, take their licks and hit back when the time is right. Someone said (and it might be this thread, I’ve lost track) that if a knight beats an MAA it’s because the MAA made a mistake. It might be true, but the MAA only gets to make one. In the thick of combat, that one mistake happens awfully quickly.

• you also gotta account for what weapon you use. some weapons are better against some classes, others against other classes. eg: Saber is an Archer killer, Cudgel is good against Knights.

and also, taking longer to die is advantageous seperate of being harder to kill. if i face three MAA (i only play MAA or Jav) i might kill them one by one, if i get really lucky (or i’ll just kill one or two). facing three knights however, forget it, they take too long to kill, so you can’t kill one before his ally gets to you.

i feel like one on one, i have 50% chance against a MAA, but it will happen quickly. against a knight i have 60% chance, but it will take forever, and that compensates, as that decreases my kill-rate, and i can be caught by another enemy.
    similarly, if i catch a MAA that didn’t spot me, it’s probably dead when i reach him. if a knight, i’ll get 2 hits in, and then it faces me.

of course, MAA’s got speed… but my point is Knight is useful in other ways than to be a killer. ie: it’s a tank class.

• it dont take very long to die when both maa and archers die in 1 hit yet you guys whine no matter how they kill you, its so funny yet not at all at the same time, but it takes them 2 or 3+ hits to take you guys down as knight and vans, yet you still have whined o p so much that both classes are utterly useless from nerf after ridicolous nerf with out mega modding to them and the whole game.

• I’m going to agree with clayton on the fact how overpowered MAA’s dodge is. Not because I’m some experienced player myself, but because it seems to be the general consensus among the better players. Even Shara, the best MAA I have ever seen, agrees that MAA are overpowered. He has even posted a few times “nerf MAA.”

If we can’t rely on the most experienced players to see differences in balance, then who can we? Don’t say the devs because most of the time they are relying on us for such feedback. Otherwise there wouldn’t be a point in having betas if they didn’t care, or felt they knew so much more than us.