The huge and massive Bug List Compilation Thread

• So my thought was just to post all bugs into this thread and put them into certain categories, e.g. High priority bugs and so on. Maybe also suggest what kind of priority the bug you encountered has to have.
    And if you’re really eager try to describe what may cause this bug.

Anything posted below this opening here will be added into my initial thread, so TBS can have an easy and quick overview of what to do the next months. :P

Also TBS, here’s my protip of patching: Make many smaller patches rather than one big one. By that you can provide updates more frequently and easily find out what part of the patch may have created some other bugs that you need to fix then. ;)

Let’s get it started! (Gonna post my bugs as soon as they come back into my mind. :D)

Graphical Bugs:

High priority:

Medium priority:

Low priority:

-Shield shadows don’t appear when in 1st person

Gameplay Bugs:

High priority:

-Bearded Axe/Polearm lookdowns = instant hit
    -Parries often block attacks from the side as well as the back

Medium priority:

-Javelin tracers bugged; only manage to hit center at the very, very tail end of release

Low priority:

Maprelated Bugs/Exploits:

High priority:

Medium priority:

Low priority:

Other/miscellanious Bugs:

High priority:

Medium priority:

-“Arrow cam” for catapult not working
    -Mason falling sounds are Agathian
    -Kicking people off cliffs/high positions doesn’t result in a kill but in a suicide of the victim
    -No visual indicator of who speaks via Voice Chat

Low priority:

-Ingame voices are not synced, i.e. one hears “Aye!” while someone else hears “Yeees!”
    -Spectator mode in FFA not available

• Agreed on small but frequent patching, would be super nice!

Ok well just lastnight on a team deathmatch game I was manning a catapult when I was hit by a knight. I was thrown off the 'pult and I attempted to put some distance between me and this knight so I could fight him, but I found that I couldn’t attack or block. All mouse buttons were completely unresponsive. Not a huge “omfg!” bug, but I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere else haha

Also some guy’s name was being displayed on the Mason’s scoreboard even though he was on Agatha.

• Is this going to be only for bugs (server browser not working, attack desyncs) or are exploits also gonna make the list (longjump, spiderman, manual attack desyncs, etc)?

Seems like a good idea to have a main thread detailing the common and uncommon bugs per patch, would help to keep things organized for TB to patch.

• stoneshill door bug

maa dodge out of flinch/stun/whatever the fuck.

desynced animations

getting hit out of range? collision = hitbox?

parry+attack at same time (someone told me about this and sure enough i did it today, no idea how)

swings going through people, not connecting

joining off friends crashes the game

FFA customizations not sticking in customization mode, shields go back to default as well as helmets and some patterns as well.

in-game voice

if hit or parry directly off ram in stoneshill, sometimes your swings begin to stutter like you’re having a seizure, they still swing but actually stutter and attack super slowly.

polearms/bearded axe, any weapon really with lookdown overheads connecting with instant hits.

can attack during flinch if spammy enough, yep that one’s back

flinch in general works like shit. Can get flinched during release but other times does not flinch, inconsistent flinch mechanic.

can sometimes jump all the way out of darkforest river (4th objective kings family… not sure if intended)

• …what the fuck o.O

• there are more than I listed, but certain ones just DONT need to be made public, highly exploitable.

• Some more bugs:

1. Javelin Shield Bash Tracers and Javelin stab animation are bugged. They only manage to hit center at the very, very tail end of release.

2. If hit after throwing a javelin, you are forced into a double recovery and will be unable to block any subsequent combo.

3. Projectiles sometimes hit but do no damage. I’ve heard this is a problem of some things being handled client side and others server side. So there may be no fix.

4. If you simultaneously tap a directional key and shift twice as a MAA, you will do an odd t-pose dodge.

5. Mason Kite Shields don’t appear on back.

6. If you F10, and die before you implode, you implode directly after respawn.

• oh lets not forget parrying/blocking from side/behind.

swings going through parry but neither causing damage nor getting stopped from parry.

• Thought I’d post the most broken ones, some are common and lots of people know and others are very uncommon.

• Flying/hovering and shooting people with a bow

• Getting to the last objective on Darkforest Team Objective early and pre-breaking all the walls

• Longjump still hasn’t been fixed

• Moor escape is still possible with longjump or jetpack

• Ruins escape now possible with flight

• Manual attack desyncs/hitting from very far away

• Spiderman (jumping up walls)

• No fall damage by exploiting kicks/jetpack

I’ll add more as I think of them.

• dat jetpack, i hate you guys

• @Kim:

Is this going to be only for bugs (server browser not working, attack desyncs) or are exploits also gonna make the list (longjump, spiderman, manual attack desyncs, etc)?

Seems like a good idea to have a main thread detailing the common and uncommon bugs per patch, would help to keep things organized for TB to patch.

Put everything inside that’s fucked. ;)
    Everything that needs a look-on.

I suggest we make subcategories like Graphical Bugs, GamePlay Bugs, etc. Suggestions?

Alright I made a small list. If everyone of you could go through his posts and maybe sort them, that would be a great help indeed. :)

• bump

Looked through some other topics and added these bugs aswell.

And now gimme moar! Give me everything you have. 8-)

• I like the idea. I remember they had a bug list, but that was updated since January. Now I guess it got deleted.

I let you choose where to put this, but I can post what achievements doesn’t work properly or not at all.

Achievements that doesn’t work at all.
    -It gets easier
    -It was him or me
    -A warrior is made, not born
    -Just a flesh wound
    -Five Star archer
    -Fire Nemesis

The achievements that aren’t working properly are hose with a progression bar, such as Let it Rain and Fire Starter and even Sand of Time. The problem with those is that the game doesn’t follow you progression all the time. For example, when trying to get Let it Rain, you can shoot 100 arrows, but only 35 may count, or most of the time is 0. That happens even on official server with more than 10 players.

I hope this help!

• Achievement:

Heads Together Achievement was optainable (in Beta) by shooting arrows (I’m not sure whether it works with the crossbow) in the head of the Mason Vg Trainer in the Tutorial. Since this has not been adressed in any Patchnotes I can only presume the bug still exists. I have the Achievement in Live and in Beta (here through that bug), so I can’t test that.
    I also read a post from somebody going for Five Star Archer who got this Achievement instead. This implies that it is possible to optain it in regular matches through arrow headshots as well.
    Sadly I see no way to test that atm.

Desyncs:
    I sometimes hear the parry sound while beeing hit. This really only occurs close in situations were I for example parry early on a drag or somewhat misaim a parry or stuff like that. I’m sure often (if not always) the hits are justified, though it is still pretty irritating since the audio clue on a succesful parry can throw off your timings somewhat if you still get hit.

Tutorial:

You can dodge during the “show me you can block a real attack” bit. This causes the trainer to miss and to react as if he had hit you. Since you can dodge back and block to continue this is not really a problem.

If you evade the trainer for a while during the “block me three times” bit and let him shatter the pots he sometimes gets stuck on a wall, breaking the tutorial.

Advanced Trainer does not feint during his feint demonstration (likely to be caused by the no-feint-window).

During the “miss the first swing and hit me with a backswing” section you don’t need to hit the first swing.

After this bit the trainer combos during his voiceover. Since you can’t move (except dodge) he might hit you if you stand close to him during that section.

Tutorial Messages are bugging out (seemingly often of the time during the archer class training)

if you F10 during a class training you respawn outside advanced training bit and can’t reenter class training, due to locked doors. The doors remain locked if you chose to do a different training (advanced or siege).

Tower shield blocks during the Knight training don’t always seem to register to your “Block Sir Drum three times” objective.

The Archer ordering you to throw a torch on the pyre and the archer giving you the petarde tutorial are killable by throwing torches at them. You can still beat the tutorial if they are dead.

Customization:

Customizations don’t show up in Duel unless you enter the customization menu. Sometimes it is even required to click through the different FFA classes. If you do so the costumizations normaly show up after you next spawn.

Siege Equipment:

Unsing a ballista with a shield in you hand can causes weird shield poses.

Animations of the guy on the ballista still tend to fuck up.

If you attack someone who is on a catapult he doesn’t leave the catapult on the same position as he was when you attacked him.

The percentages given for the pushable in Stonehill still don’t work.

That’s all I can think of atm that hasn’t already been mentioned.

• i’ve seen so many people spell customization wrong, it’s absurd.

it’s not costume ization

its custom ization

also anyone mention fists being broken again? Add them to the list of things that don’t hit or go through people. The bubble obviously affects this. Also, ducked fists hit .

• @clayton-bigsby:

i’ve seen so many people spell customization wrong, it’s absurd.

it’s not costume ization

its custom ization

You’re right, I’m sorry. I’m no native english speaker and my brain just isn’t really working atm with the stale air in these 'ere laboratory.
    Corrected

• @clayton-bigsby:

i’ve seen so many people spell customization wrong, it’s absurd.

it’s not costume ization

its custom ization

also anyone mention fists being broken again? Add them to the list of things that don’t hit or go through people. The bubble obviously affects this. Also, ducked fists hit .

It’s actually customisation… well for UK English that is :D

• -Getting hit while out of range (hitbox=collision?)

Your collision is entirely separate from your hitbox; hitboxes have not changed as far as I’m aware since the game’s release, except for a bug where non-blocking shields counted as melee hitboxes.

-Desynced animations

Have heard animations are becoming desynced, but nobody has given any specific set of circumstances where it happens.

-FFA customisation not sticking in customization mode, shields go back to default as well as helmets and some patterns as well

I’m not having this problem. Is it a specific class/helmet/shield/pattern?

-Graphical bugs when spectating in 1st person

I know this has been a long standing issue since 1p spectate was first added - no ETA on fix, but it’s been acknowledged.

-Malric is a mixture of himself and the former class (i.e. archer hands instead of gauntlets)

This is acknowledged and should be fixed soon.

-Mason Kite Shield does not appear on back

Also known, along with shields not appearing on your back when you first spawn with a twohander.

-Shield shadows don’t appear when in 1st person

Weird. Thanks for the report.

-Peoples’ names appear as Steam Friends after they used ballistas or catapults

I hadn’t actually seen this before since I generally turn all objective indicators off. Added to the list.

-Maa dodging while stunned

Somehow reintroduced last patch, will be fixed soon.

-Attack + parry at the same time

Pretty sure people experiencing this are just seeing combo parries, which look odd due to their lack of transition animation.

-Bearded Axe/Polearm lookdowns = instant hit

Not instant, not exactly a bug, but we know it’s something people don’t like and are looking into ways to weaken it without making the weapons in question awful.

-Attack during flinch possible

Repro? Again, not something I’ve ever experienced.

-Parries often block attacks from the side as well as the back

This is due to our blocking tracers. It’s an unfortunate side effect of making sure blocks register properly from the front; if your attack starts inside of the other player’s blocking volume it will register as a block, which means if you stick your sword all the way through them by stabbing from behind it’ll hit the block volume first, since tracers generate from the tip. Not sure how we can solve this without potentially messing up legitimate blocks.

-Javelin tracers bugged; only manage to hit center at the very, very tail end of release

This isn’t a bug so much as a disparity between the first and third person animations; if you watch the stab in third, you’ll see it comes in from the side, while in first person it appears to be straighter due to the camera angle. Could possibly polish up the animation to help this some, not sure - we have one animator and obviously we’ve got a whole lot of animation work to do.

-If hit after throwing javelin –> twice the recovery time

This is on the list. Something to do with the way projectile weapons respond to flinch now. Javelin attack cancel has always been somewhat buggy, we’ll get this sorted.

-Projectiles sometimes don’t do damage even though they hit

This is a client/server sync issue, similar to seeing client side blood decals in an FPS when the server didn’t register a hit.

-Stoneshill gate sometimes doesn’t open after it’s been hit with the ram

If anyone knows how to reproduce this we’ll fix it ASAP. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

-Possibility of getting to the last objective on Dark Forest and pre-breaking the cages

Have never seen this happen, need to know how it’s done to fix it.

-Using Steam to join Friends causes game crash

Definitely top of our list of things to fix.

-Hovering above people and shooting them with a bow

Another bug that I’ve never seen but have heard about - if anyone knows how to do it, PM me and we’ll get it sorted out.

-Being ranked up and being stuck at that particular rank

Can anyone confirm this is still happening? We added some countermeasures for jumping ranks in the latest patch.

-When about to be moved to the other team and killing enemies, you get minus points

On the list.

-Sometimes you can’t attack after being hit while using a catapult

Define sometimes? When does it happen, specifically?

-“Arrow cam” for catapult not working

Added to the list. This bugged out quite a while ago, hasn’t been talked about much since, other things took priority.

-Mason falling sounds are Agathian

What class, map, game mode?

-Kicking people off cliffs/high positions doesn’t result in a kill but in a suicide of the victim

On the list.

-No visual indicator of who speaks via Voice Chat

Broke last patch somehow. Voice chat’s pretty bad in general; not sure what our plans are for it.

-Ingame voices are not synced, i.e. one hears “Aye!” while someone else hears “Yeees!”
    -Pressing F10 and then being killed before imploding causes to implode after respawn

These are pretty trivial.

-Spectator mode in FFA not available

On the list.

• To Mr. Slygoat,

Desynced attacks: You mostly see them with fast 2h weapons. I think people tend to queue too many combos and it ends up causing a lot of problems. Claymore, in particular, is very prone to this.

FFA Customization: None of my customizations work in FFA. I don’t really know why, but I can send you screenshots and such.

Attack/Parry: It isn’t a combo parry. They literally attack and their attack overrides your own. There is no blocking animation. Literally, myself and an opponent both went in for stabs. His deflected mine (I heard the blocking sound and mine did no damage) and struck home. His stab was not a riposte either, just a plain stab.

Bearded/Claymore/Polehammer: Please fix the first two in terms of speed. They are far too fast, and should be balanced in a more sensible way. Claymore still does too much damage for that speed (4 HTK on a knight is close to broadsword territory). Polehammer lookdowns are pretty bad, especially since the weapon two shots knights now.

Catapult Attack Bug: I don’t know the exact circumstances, but I can confirm it as it has happened to me. If I had to guess, maybe it has something to do with getting off the catapult at a particular time in the animation. I legitimately dont know though.

Steam Names: I’ve noticed that if you switch windows or minimize chivalry and rejoin, random people will show up as friends. I am uncertain about other conditions that can also cause it, but this one I can confirm.

• Idle time now missing when kickvoting