Arrow Stickies

• Ok; so I’m bringing this up again because it’s been eight months since these got turned off and I just wanted to know:-

1. Why can they only be seen client side?
    2. If they are ever going to get turned on again?
    3. Is it just me that really misses sticky arrows?

• @Reginhard:

Ok; so I’m bringing this up again because it’s been eight months since these got turned off and I just wanted to know:-

Are you sure? I can see other peoples arrows… I think

• I currently can’t even see flying arrows….

• I’m pretty sure I see other people’s arrows as well. At least I KNOW I saw a guy running around yesterday with a javelin through his ankle.

• Yeah; playing as archer you can see your stickies and from what you are saying other archers stickies but as a knight I don’t see any.

Btw javelins and axes I can see.

• I only see my own arrows (only half the time), but I see everyone’s javelines and hatchets, has been like this since I got the game over a month or two ago fo shizzle

• saw a knight with several arrows in his shield a few days ago.

• I think javelins and arrows in shields have always worked.

• Try have worked since the balance patch before this one.

• NOOOoooo this is both good news and bad; it sounds like I have my video settings wrong and that should be easy to fix, I can’t believe I have only just discovered this.

• What settings corrected it? I play on about medium high settings until a new rig arrives, might explain why arrows are so scarce

• Everything on max and I still can’t see arrow stickies.

• I’ve done a couple of tests which are not totally definitive, for the simply reason that I’m new to PC gaming and don’t understand jack most of the time. However, I still can’t see stickies for arrows and knifes when playing as a knight.

So unless someone can tell me that they can it’s back to my original questions:-

• @Reginhard:

I’ve done a couple of tests which are not totally definitive, for the simply reason that I’m new to PC gaming and don’t understand jack most of the time. However, I still can’t see stickies for arrows and knifes when playing as a knight.

So unless someone can tell me that they can it’s back to my original questions:-

I can see them. I play knight 80% of the time, and I see javelins stuck through people all the time. I’ve played archer twice, my balls are too big for those pants :).

Now that I think about it… javelins are very noticeable sticking through people, so I always see them. I’m not entirely sure I see ARROWS, however. I’ll try and look out for those now.

• @quigleyer:

I can see them. I play knight 80% of the time, and I see javelins stuck through people all the time. I’ve played archer twice, my balls are too big for those pants :).

Now that I think about it… javelins are very noticeable sticking through people, so I always see them. I’m not entirely sure I see ARROWS, however. I’ll try and look out for those now.

Yes; javelins I can see, I can also see axes, what I can’t see is arrows when playing as a knight. I can also see arrows when I play as an archer, so it’s simple - is there anybody out there that can see arrow stickies when playing as a knight?

• Nope, I can’t see arrows when I’m knight either. I miss seeing my chest full of arrows and being able to see them in first person. that was awesome.

• @akazi:

Nope, I can’t see arrows when I’m knight either. I miss seeing my chest full of arrows and being able to see them in first person. that was awesome.

Great; by applying the current forum school of thought as to how polls work, that’s a 100% of knights that still can’t see arrow stickies and really miss them. So that’s one of my questions answered, back to the other two:-

2. Are ever going to get turned on again?

This is not the first time I have raised this questions and still no response from anyone remotely connected to TBS.

• No, I cant see them either. Doesnt matter what my graphics settings are from the tinkering i’ve done.

Its just a bit rubbish to see peoples heads spontaneously exploding and people brutally killed by gusts of wind. Sometimes I can see my own arrows sticking in shot enemies, but never others.

Will it get sorted? Ehhh. Guess theres worse stuff out there.

• @Triumphant:

……Will it get sorted? Ehhh. Guess theres worse stuff out there.

Undoubtedly there is worse stuff but what gets me is that this is something that used to work, stopped working after the January patch and hasn’t been mentioned since. I’m left feeling that a little piece of the game that I paid for has been taken away without explanation and I’m supposed to be cool with that.

Its like buying a car and then months later the salesman says: you remember those windscreen wipers, well you were never really meant to have those, so we have taken them back but don’t worry we have put on a lot of stickers instead. Not my best analogy but hopefully you will get my drift.

Don’t get me wrong; this game has been the best value for money of any game I’ve played. So much so that as a way of saying thanks; I’ve bought copies for friends, helmets that I don’t use and I would of bought a four pack game if Steam had of let me.

• @Reginhard:

@Triumphant:

……Will it get sorted? Ehhh. Guess theres worse stuff out there.

Undoubtedly there is worse stuff but what gets me is that this is something that used to work, stopped working after the January patch and hasn’t been mentioned since. I’m left feeling that a little piece of the game that I paid for has been taken away without explanation and I’m supposed to be cool with that.

Its like buying a car and then months later the salesman says: you remember those windscreen wipers, well you were never really meant to have those, so we have taken them back but don’t worry we have put on a lot of stickers instead. Not my best analogy but hopefully you will get my drift.

Don’t get me wrong; this game has been the best value for money of any game I’ve played. So much so that as a way of saying thanks; I’ve bought copies for friends, helmets that I don’t use and I would of bought a four pack game if Steam had of let me.

No offense intended toward you at all, but we’ve all had this and with multiple, much larger issues with the game. Even shields on the Mason knight’s back does something for gameplay AND aesthetics, and it’s not being worked on (blocks arrows, even on back), and has existed for… well, forever. Truth be told I don’t expect this game to improve much, I’m only hoping it doesn’t get much worse. The amount of bugs in this game is staggering, and the developer’s don’t seem to know what’s going on- they just create more bugs. I doubt they know why the arrows don’t work anymore, and I doubt they’ll spend a lot of time looking into it while they have much larger and pressing issues with the game that are going equally unfixed. While they don’t want to admit it, support for this game is all but done. They’ll tell you the opposite, though (so demand proof and they’ll disappear).

There are only a handful of bugs I think are bad enough to risk having TBS patch. Again, I hope this didn’t sound angry or offensive, but it’s the state of things. Arrow stickies are kind of very low priority to most people.