Cannot wait til we get Helms Deep.

• I wonder how many AoC maps will be remade by the community? I know several ones are by the devs, new versions, but if any fans will port the classic maps from Source. The classic default maps, that is. Just for the sake of having them.

I know it can’t be made Official for copyright issues, but it’ll surely be in the first wave of maps. Had alot of fun on that map.

• I’d imagine most of the AOC maps will get an official release. Helms Deep has legal issues attatched to it though and AOC_Invasion might too.

• @Sir:

I’d imagine most of the AOC maps will get an official release. Helms Deep has legal issues attatched to it though and AOC_Invasion might too.

would of thought helms deep would be able to, considering the design they used in AoC that was taken to do a L4D copy without asking was persued and won (though not for long).

Either way, I hope Helms is in soon and a better designed invasion, Could see westerlyn being in after battlegrounds too etc xD

• Why would invasion have legal rights?

I’m definitely missing something here, which battle does it copy?

• @-Slash-:

Why would invasion have legal rights?

I’m definitely missing something here, which battle does it copy?

Invasion is nearly a direct copy of an old map from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

• Oooh, thank you for that, didn’t know it.

• I hope the Devs intend to add a “raid on the monastery” objective map, as there was one in AoC.

• The Helms Deep map with a name change I don’t think would have any issues.

• It would still, for legal purposes, it’s just best for the community to make it.

• @Mkilbride:

It would still, for legal purposes, it’s just best for the community to make it.

Agreed on that sadly. A name change is not always enough. Can’t just copy the likeness and give it a different name :(

• @Andrew:

@Mkilbride:

It would still, for legal purposes, it’s just best for the community to make it.

Agreed on that sadly. A name change is not always enough. Can’t just copy the likeness and give it a different name :(

I imagine it would be pretty easy to rework the assets from hillside into helmsdeep should the dev kit be released.