New Game modes/Chance of increasing player cap?

• Hi Guys,

So ill get the obvious one out of the way.

Now dont get me wrong but i love 64 players online in this games its mental and so much fun maps are big enough and its one of the best games i have ever played and had fun on. The only thing i want to see now is it becoming more of that War feeling, more players bigger maps and a little less manic for certain game modes (which i will get to).

I want the game to be more like a war, with numerous amounts of soldiers all fighting for their king, this can definitely be incorporated into last team standing where you have one life (an open field or battleground) i would love to see the servers able to support 200 people like mount and warblade. might be something you can look into. But that means bigger maps and more diverse maps.

As for the game modes i have two suggestions, i like free for all but i love last team standing more, why not do a last man standing? 64 (or 100s if you are able to incorporate it) in a big arena, open field, and whatever all fighting to be the last one that gets a huge reward for being so and fame within the game. But clearly your thinking well people will just hide and not get into fighting, well then you penalize them, they cant win unless you have at least a kill or have had combat (this would mean creating environments where hiding is impossible).

My other game mode would be something like last team standing but with an element of leadership and units. so hear me out. one person is the general or king (if a user turns out to be really good at this they get fame for it and become a more likely choice to be it) they then have different units/squads to allocate people in e.g Archers, spear men, swordsmen etc. once each team has sorted this out the general/king then needs to command his army…anything he types or says comes up on the units screen he is telling to do. you have one life and if your general/king wastes your unit then you watch the rest of the battle. I would go more into detail but it requires a lot of explaining but im sure you all get the basic idea.

Let me know what you guys think and lets see what the developers say too, then i can put more detail into explaining it all (note that any of the game modes could work with 64 players, but would be less intense)

Thanks All :)

• I like the idea of last man standing.

Regarding servers, it’s unrealistic to expect a chivalry server to be able to effectively connect 100 players. There currently isn’t a single chivalry server that I’ve seen that can have 64 players in the game and run smoothly. They always are very laggy and increase everyone’s latency by over 100 when the server is full.

• We need a WORKING auto ping kick. Then larger servers are an option. Some people with high ping suffer horrendous packet loss. Which in turn affects everyone else’s pings.

• @lemonater47:

We need a WORKING auto ping kick. Then larger servers are an option. Some people with high ping suffer horrendous packet loss. Which in turn affects everyone else’s pings.

I agree, but i really think we also need the ability to have quick matches too based on a search criteria to put those with the same ping (within a margin) in a matchmade game, of course need to keep the custom server search in too! This may give the ability of increasing player cap on games….

Let me know what your thoughts are on the original post!

• Guys Can i get some more feedback on this? more so for the last man standing game mode

Cheers :)

• I think massive 200 player maps would be INSANE >:)!!! although It would turn into an archer fest instantly…. The poor devs would have to make new maps to compensate. Though I definitely think 200 player maps would be a massive expansion.

• Torn Banner:

Im interested to hear your views on all these ideas. More about capability of player cap increase.

Community:

Im interested in hearing your views on all of this but more so a last man standing game mode :)

Thanks all!

• @Dogtag19:

Torn Banner:

Im interested to hear your views on all these ideas. More about capability of player cap increase.

Community:

Im interested in hearing your views on all of this but more so a last man standing game mode :)

Thanks all!

A 64 player server works fine. But people from all over the place decide to join suffering massive packet loss and increasing everyone’s ping. And some people clientside can’t really run it well on some maps.

That’s why we need a working auto ping kick. Then 64 player servers would be absolutely fine.