Votekick=OP

• Yes indeed, votekicking is the most OP weapon of all.

To be honest, I have no clue on how to nerf it. Maybe the community’s just gone completely rogue.

But, not to be conceit or anything, I can’t tell you how many times I have been kicked from servers for being ‘too good’.(And I’m only rank 23!) One guy takes his death too serious, starts a votekick and:

Votekick Rickvs?
    INSERT=YES
    DELETE=NAY
    Team damage=3%
    Idle time=0s

And then the kick actually SUCCEEDS by around 60% to 40%, and I’m actually kicked for no reason at all. Most players were an even higher rank than me anyway.

This especially happens a lot on TO maps Stoneshill and Citadel. One of either teams decides to start a votekick and then people press TAB and check me. The opponents kick me for being a threatening foe and my own team kicks me so THEY have a chance of becoming king. Lame, just lame.

As I said, not really the most useful topic since I have no clue on how to nerf votekicking, but maybe you do?

• I’m assuming that it wasn’t because his ping is too high? Otherwise people might vote yes simply because the player is a dick.

Votekick does need a bit of an increased minimum yes votes though.

• There is no way to “nerf” votekicking. It’s up to people playing on server. If I get votekicked for some silly reason (or lack of thereof) I simply find sever with better people. It’s rare, but can happen. 60-65% of votes needed to kick is good limit as it takes more than one team in order for the vote to succeed.

• @Holy.Death:

There is no way to “nerf” votekicking. It’s up to people playing on server. If I get votekicked for some silly reason (or lack of thereof) I simply find sever with better people. It’s rare, but can happen. 60-65% of votes needed to kick is good limit as it takes more than one team in order for the vote to succeed.

Yeah this is probably the best approach, you’d only be vote-kicked regularly if you really pissed people off, or just have terrible ping constantly.

• Rickvs. It isn’t because you may be a highly skilled player. I’ve never seen a player get kicked for performing well. And your claiming this happens to you a lot? You’re being kicked for another reason.

My guess is you were either TKing or being disrespectful. Although I have on a few occasions seen people get kicked for either playing very poorly or for very high latency, so it could be one of those reasons as well.

• @dpunk:

Rickvs. It isn’t because you may be a highly skilled player. I’ve never seen a player get kicked for performing well. And your claiming this happens to you a lot? You’re being kicked for another reason.

My guess is you were either TKing or being disrespectful. Although I have on a few occasions seen people get kicked for either playing very poorly or for very high latency, so it could be one of those reasons as well.

Hmmmm… I did have high ping in the past though, but not lately.

Certainly not being a dick about it. I suppose it just depends on the amount of people to kill. Less people equals lower chance of dicks being selfish. I’m sorry, there’s no kind way to say it since I haven’t done anything to provoke and have never(not even as a noob) got more teamdamage than 10%

• if I had a penny for every votekick thread…

• As it stands it’s fine. I’ve even been votekicked a couple of times dominating in servers, but I shrug it off and move on. (It’s not ping as I organize the servers in my browser by ping and never join one with over 100 and it isn’t because I’m an ass because, well, I try to be helpful and just have fun) I regularly have a 5% or less TD done and I’m never idle for more than a few seconds at a time. Most notably it has happened in a couple of FFA matches I’ve been in (I may have been using fire pots ;) ) Just take it as a compliment and move on to greener pastures.

• I have literally just come from trying to play Chiv. Load it up, get ready for some action, choose an official server because they are the most reliably well run ones. Get onto the server with about 5 other peeps and instantly a vote kick starts on me. I’m guessing that these 5 players wanted the server to themselves… but is it fair that they can kick someone off an official server for no reason other than their selfish wants? I don’t think it is… this kinda thing is why we have private servers, no? I’ve heard many other people with this and similar issues with the votekick system as it currently is, so here are some changes I propose again:

1. Keep vote kick, but also give it a cooldown timer or a limit of once per person per match. This will reduce spam from those one or two individuals who constantly spam it over and over and over during a match.
    2. Any time a votekick is initiated against a player, that player is given a warning first. A second or third votekick initiates the vote. This would prevent instant votekicks and ragekicks if applied with point 1.
    3. A player cannot be vote-kicked unless they have been in the game for at least x minutes. This would prevent instant kicking of peeps from a server.
    4. Prevent vote kick unless the population of a server is 8+ This might reduce the number of ‘controlled’ servers where the population of it consists of all friends who just votekick others to keep them out.

Just some ideas and I am sure that they can be improved, but seriously… Votekick REALLY needs some work before this game is playable again. Now Ima go play something else to get my fix. Good gaming!

• The simple fix to stop VOTEKICK abuse is rather easy.
    1. Turn off allowing enemy to start a vote.
    2. Increase the perenctage to 65% for successful vote kick.
    3. Increase the time before you can start another vote after the first one.
    4. Give out more admin to regular trusted players or clan members.

• Move to Australia.

Everyone votes no. Even if you have 500 ping. In fact just play on Australian servers from where you are you still won’t get kicked.

Australian official servers should remain on 55%. Maybe lower. But if its an issue in other areas raise the minimum to 65 or 70%.

• @Retsnom:

I actually am very glad you can votekick enemies in this game. No one wants to play against someone with 988+ ping, and depending on your enemies to votekick them is never healthy.

I don’t think votekicks are nearly too problematic currently, but I would like for ping and idle time to be showed alongside them. Also, 65% is what it’s supposed to be since awhile ago but for some reason it’s 55% on certain maps it seems. I think 65% is appropriate for votekicks, and 55% is appropriate for votechangemap and voteresetlevel.

The only time I ever get successfully votekicked is if I’m talking too much trash, or I feint in a duel server full of post-patch players. I’ve never been votekicked for kingship ever, and I’m a rank 56 who goes like 55-5 consistently in just about any pub game despite anyone elses’ ranks/team stacking. I rarely get votekicked for being “good,” but it has happened a few times. I don’t think it’s enough to make the essential votekicks even harder.

Then again, I rarely/never play on FFA servers so I’m not sure what kind of toxicity goes on there.

• @SOC:

I actually am very glad you can votekick enemies in this game. No one wants to play against someone with 988+ ping, and depending on your enemies to votekick them is never healthy.

I don’t think votekicks are nearly too problematic currently, but I would like for ping and idle time to be showed alongside them. Also, 65% is what it’s supposed to be since awhile ago but for some reason it’s 55% on certain maps it seems. I think 65% is appropriate for votekicks, and 55% is appropriate for votechangemap and voteresetlevel.

The only time I ever get successfully votekicked is if I’m talking too much trash, or I feint in a duel server full of post-patch players. I’ve never been votekicked for kingship ever, and I’m a rank 56 who goes like 55-5 consistently in just about any pub game despite anyone elses’ ranks/team stacking. I rarely get votekicked for being “good,” but it has happened a few times. I don’t think it’s enough to make the essential votekicks even harder.

Then again, I rarely/never play on FFA servers so I’m not sure what kind of toxicity goes on there.

Turning off Enemy voting doesnt really work that way, Usually what happens is that someoone gets mad because you are killing them a lot and they vote kick you for no real reason. Turning off enemy vote solves that problem as that is more of a problem than high pings. High pings are a problem but that should be addressed with a high ping kicker.

• @Retsnom:

The simple fix to stop VOTEKICK abuse is rather easy.
    2. Increase the perenctage to 65% for successful vote kick.
    3. Increase the time before you can start another vote after the first one.
    4. Give out more admin to regular trusted players or clan members.

Yes plox implement nao kthx

• @Retsnom:

Turning off Enemy voting doesnt really work that way, Usually what happens is that someoone gets mad because you are killing them a lot and they vote kick you for no real reason. Turning off enemy vote solves that problem as that is more of a problem than high pings. High pings are a problem but that should be addressed with a high ping kicker.

Of all the times someone initiates a votekick against me and see that “0-3% TK” simply because I’m good, everyone votes no with a lot of “why kick?” in the chat. This is on official 24/32p TOs and classics. I think it’s really important to be able to votekick enemies.

• I think everyone needs to understand you can change your vote, as not a whole lot of people seem to know :V

• @dragonmith:

I think everyone needs to understand you can change your vote, as not a whole lot of people seem to know :V

Uhh, no you can’t. While it says in chat you have voted the other way the percentage does not change.

• You are some kind of wizard. This never used to work.

• Votekicking an enemy for the reason “I am a scrub” (which includes “he is too good” and “I don’t like the way he plays”) usually works on lower population servers (which might prevent them from getting more players). In EU random fluctuations on populated servers go above 50% quite often but seldom reach a threshold above 65%.

Being able to votekick enemies is useful. Sometimes his teammates might not know how to start a votekick - and I am very reluctant to help newbies to find/use the votekick option for the reasons mentioned above. In this case I prefer starting a vote myself.