Does sidestepping seem like it was buffed somehow?

• It’s obviously not an actual move on a button, but just moving your character out of the way of swings like pokes/overheads mainly. Do they seem different to anyone else? Before, it seemed that doing this kind of movement was a bit difficult and you had to do them perfectly, but now it seems very easy to get out of the way of overheads and pokes just by moving slightly. Sometimes it almost feels like you see a sort of half dodge like maa but much shorter distance… can;t put my finger on it.

• I think you think stuff has changed becuase you have heard the word “patch”

Its all in your head.

• Yep,
    No change. Good players just know they can pull their attack into you even if you do side step which is dumb, it makes the combat more like little children fighting with bamboo sticks…
    “Oh where did you go?..you side stepped did you? i’ll pull my stab over there…got you, yay i win”

• @giantyak:

Yep,
    No change. Good players just know they can pull their attack into you even if you do side step which is dumb, it makes the combat more like little children fighting with bamboo sticks…
    “Oh where did you go?..you side stepped did you? i’ll pull my stab over there…got you, yay i win”

:|

I don’t even know what to say… That’s just depressing…

• @lemonater47:

I think you think stuff has changed becuase you have heard the word “patch”

Its all in your head.

I’d disagree, I’m more inclined to agree with Clayton. I miss stabs a lot more regularly than I used to, but I think it started last patch. I can still hit a fair amount of them, but I’m finding that there are times when I’m simply missing a guy that was there milliseconds before. Sometimes I wonder if it’s just that my stabs are passing through players, as stabs seem to do that A LOT since the last patch (more so, in my opinion, than overheads or lmbs).

I’m specifically noticing with the greatsword, but also with the longsword and messer. I’m wondering if maybe some tracers were corrected and what we previously thought were good stabs really shouldn’t have been?

But yes, I have noticed this. I haven’t changed what I do, or taken time off etc., but I do notice that they just don’t connect as often as they used to. I used to be very good at following an maa running around my side with my stab windup and hitting them, but now it’s questionable.

• I could not say if there have been any changes or any that I have noticed as of yet but would suggest that as players become implicitly accustomed to the mechanics they gradually accrue some dodging prowess. On the other hand, dragging with thrusts, particularly with certain weapons, has been one of the most enduring issues in my view of game design. Yet it is also one that remains largely understated since it is easily obscured behind the game’s quirky (understandable for the most part) mechanics where grazing attacks can be lethal and for that matter make up a significant part of what determines outcomes between relatively advanced players.

• I noticed it too and I like it. Extra handy when you’re out of stamina.

• quig kind of has the idea of what i was trying to say, yes sidestepping has always been good if not the best tactic for evasion if you do them correctly, but i’m missing so many swings now more than before and i’m wondering why. As i think i said it could just be the fact that the jump forward is adjusted and typically happens when someone swings, so where before you’d just be using sprint to move around, its probably due to swing + sprint so they’re getting an extra bump to get out of the way a bit easier. Then again, a lot of swings just go through people now so there’s that.

• I have been sidestepping spear and polearm users with great ease recently. Like, it’s weird. I just assumed shit was desyncing/lagging less than before and was thus more predictable. On the other hand some of my swings just genuinely pass right through people on occasion. Don’t know what to make of it.