"Working" auto high ping kick.

• So there is an autokick for ping. Problem is it doesn’t work and hasn’t worked since release. I thought this patch we would get it as it brought the RCON and stuff.

• +1, I love dying to magic swings.

• Bump.

• no!!! please, no auto kick for high ping. do you have any idea how ridiculously horrible the servers are? people ping-times are shooting up and down randomly all the time.

• @Deadpan:

no!!! please, no auto kick for high ping. do you have any idea how ridiculously horrible the servers are? people ping-times are shooting up and down randomly all the time.

Make it so your ping has to be above the limit for more than 15 seconds?

• @Deadpan:

no!!! please, no auto kick for high ping. do you have any idea how ridiculously horrible the servers are? people ping-times are shooting up and down randomly all the time.

That’s why you have a SMART auto kick. Not one that kicks you the instant you go over say 200 ping.

Either it gives you grace time.

Or it takes down your ping at say 10 second intervals and works out an average. And if your a carriage goes over the ping limit you get kicked.

A really good autokick that some games have is a 30-60 second grace time no kick while it records and works out your pings average. After the time limit if your average is above the limit you get kicked. If it is t it will keep measuring and working out the average.

That’s a proper autokick for ping. So if you spike at all temporarily it won’t kick you for it.

• yeah that still wouldn’t work. the ping times can stay up for long, short, anything. it’s completely inconsistent.

i mean look here: EVERYONE would be kicked but me in this instance:

although the reverse also happens quite enough.

• @Deadpan:

yeah that still wouldn’t work. the ping times can stay up for long, short, anything. it’s completely inconsistent.

i mean look here: EVERYONE would be kicked but me in this instance:

although the reverse also happens quite enough.

That’s a piece of shit server if that happens.

And dude. Ping kick is OPTIONAL.

Yeah I wouldn’t play on that server at all.

• if people are too stupid to join servers where their ping is unreasonalbly high, I kick them from my server al the time. No reason why a auto kicker shouldnt do the same. If players are too stupid to understand low ping = better game play for all then they are too stupid to play on my server.

So is the High ping kicker working or not? Do I have to get that retarded RCON POS to work before the HPK works?

• @Retsnom:

if people are too stupid to join servers where their ping is unreasonalbly high, I kick them from my server al the time. No reason why a auto kicker shouldnt do the same. If players are too stupid to understand low ping = better game play for all then they are too stupid to play on my server.

So is the High ping kicker working or not? Do I have to get that retarded RCON POS to work before the HPK works?

Its rather hard to be on 27 servers at once. Let alone 24/7. And it gets a tad annoying.

And many of them don’t even know what ping is. 8 year old brats by te sound of things when you explain it to them.

• @lemonater47:

@Retsnom:

if people are too stupid to join servers where their ping is unreasonalbly high, I kick them from my server al the time. No reason why a auto kicker shouldnt do the same. If players are too stupid to understand low ping = better game play for all then they are too stupid to play on my server.

Its rather hard to be on 27 servers at once. Let alone 24/7. And it gets a tad annoying.

And many of them don’t even know what ping is. 8 year old brats by te sound of things when you explain it to them.

Dude, more ping is better, because like, the more pings I have, the more internets is going to the server, also I had relations with your mom!

• @Retsnom:

yeah, because the ping it returns in the lobby is very consistent with the ping you get when you’re playing, and it doesn’t just pop up for no reason, eh?

again, i provided you a screenshot of everyone’s ping times (except mine fsr) jumping up ridiculously. it wasn’t like that before, it just aoas happened.

and this wasn’t an isolated occurance. i’ve seen it happen several times. sometimes to everyone, sometimes to one or two players. it can shoot up to 200, 300, even 900 for a few seconds or a few minutes, there’s no telling.

this is happening all the time since customisation patch.

• @Deadpan:

@Retsnom:

yeah, because the ping it returns in the lobby is very consistent with the ping you get when you’re playing, and it doesn’t just pop up for no reason, eh?

again, i provided you a screenshot of everyone’s ping times (except mine fsr) jumping up ridiculously. it wasn’t like that before, it just aoas happened.

and this wasn’t an isolated occurance. i’ve seen it happen several times. sometimes to everyone, sometimes to one or two players. it can shoot up to 200, 300, even 900 for a few seconds or a few minutes, there’s no telling.

Thanks for winning the argument for me, if you have random spikes that last minutes, then you should be auto kicked, because why should everyone suffer for you?

Also, I’ve never had any ping issues when I play on NA servers, maybe you are having other problems unrelated to the game that are causing spikes?

• So having an autokick would be optional. So for those of us who don’t play on servers that are a piece of crap we don’t have to worry about those with high ping.

• Whether having an auto-kick or not is not the argument.

You all seem to have become mislead.

The point is having one that actually works. There isn’t an auto kick. Ping limited servers prevent you from joining. They don’t kick you.

Point is, if they have a high-ping preventing system there, why not make it work? There are official servers with Ping Limits that aren’t really ping limited, because people will spike up to 800+ ping and stay in the server for 20 minutes.

• @Mustaklaki:

Whether having an auto-kick or not is not the argument.

The point is having one that actually works. There isn’t an auto kick. Ping limited servers prevent you from joining. They don’t kick you.

Point is, if they have a high-ping preventing system there, why not make it work? There are official servers with Ping Limits that aren’t really ping limited, because people will spike up to 800+ ping and stay in the server for 20 minutes.

Nah, I think the people in here get it, just some idiot derailed the thread with “BUT MAH PINGSS!!”

• @?B:

@Mustaklaki:

Nah, I think the people in here get it, just some idiot derailed the thread with “BUT MAH PINGSS!!”

Its some private server that’s a piece of crap in the screenshot probably.

They need to make their current ping kick work. They can be simple and just make one that instantly kicks you as soon as you go over the limit. But I think the smart pong kick is better. So people who have a short spike of under a minute aren’t kicked. The one that averages out pings is the best one. Though I don’t know how tricky it is to make in the unreal 3 engine.

And torn banner likes breaking things.

• @lemonater47:

@?B:

@Mustaklaki:

Its some private server that’s a piece of crap in the screenshot probably.

They need to make their current ping kick work. They can be simple and just make one that instantly kicks you as soon as you go over the limit. But I think the smart pong kick is better. So people who have a short spike of under a minute aren’t kicked. The one that averages out pings is the best one. Though I don’t know how tricky it is to make in the unreal 3 engine.

And torn banner likes breaking things.

Yea a simple 3 strike ping kick would be enough to make me happy, or like if the spike lasts more than 25 seconds it kicks you, because honestly if you spike for more than 30 seconds, you need to fix some shit because it’s going to make the game shit for people you are against.

• With the current implementation support big brother bot, you can manage ping kicking from there say if it does over 300ms 3 times in a couple of minutes. It does seem to work* At least till they add the next patch and get the ingame ping kick functionality working again

MonkeyFiend

*although we don’t use ping kickers on on our servers

• @?B:

@Deadpan Serious:

@Retsnom:

Thanks for winning the argument for me, if you have random spikes that last minutes, then you should be auto kicked, because why should everyone suffer for you?

Also, I’ve never had any ping issues when I play on NA servers, maybe you are having other problems unrelated to the game that are causing spikes?

uhm…these random ping spikes are server side. i haven’t had latency issues on my side since i got a new modem. but now the servers are giving lagspikes, they give them randomly, and they seem to give them to anyone.

in fact, again, i just posted a screenshot where it happened to almost everyone on the server. and that isn’t the only time i’ve seen that happen.