Polehammer: 1s Knight to head?

• So i was dueling today, i looked at the damage chart to make sure it wasn’t supposed to be like this, but i don’t know if it’s up to date. Is the polehammer supposed to 1shot knights to the head? because it totally can. I did it 2 times in duel. One overhead, one kill, twice. And yes the other knight had full health. Crazy right?

Will test to replicate if need be, someone in the duel server i was in may be able to confirm if they see it, otherwise i’ll do a closed test.

I could be looking at an old damage value chart, but it said it was last updated an hour ago so i think it should be correct. It’s only supposed to do 56 damage to head on knights according to this chart. I was able to do 100 lol.

• I play 90% Vanguard/PoleHammer and no, an overhead with a PoleHammer right in a Knight’s face CAN’T kill him (since an overhead then a slash can). If you managed to do that, maybe there’s an issue… A bad one ! The PoleHammer will be denigrated once more (which is unfair because his power is balanced with his low speed/reach) ! o_O

• Only maul overhead to head is capable of doing that.

• @Junanagou:

I play 90% Vanguard/PoleHammer and no, an overhead with a PoleHammer right in a Knight’s face CAN’T kill him (since an overhead then a slash can). If you managed to do that, maybe there’s an issue… A bad one ! The PoleHammer will be denigrated once more (which is unfair because his power is balanced with his low speed/reach) ! o_O

What are you talking about? Its already been denigrated since this most recent patch….we only got 3 weeks of grace :(

A couple of months a go the polehammer was getting knights to 1hp with a charge attack. That got nurfed…for a little while recently the polehammer was really BOSS on stamina drain, now thats been nurfed…the damage appears to have been toned down also…

• I haven’t ran into this problem yet.

• i’m just telling you what i personally experienced in game with the polehammer. Was in interitus duel, and in the time i was there i 1 shotted knights to the head 2 times. I asked both times did i just 1 shot you? and ensured they were full health when we began, even looked full health, no blood or anything. Yet i only dealt one blow to the head, right at the top and their heads exploded.

i’m not making this shit up, trust me. No idea if i did something special, i know its not SUPPOSED to do this, that is the point of posting about it.

• Earlier today I one shot a maa with a 1 handed sword overhand, and he just spawned (I was spawn camping Dx )

Made no sense to me, maybe its a bug of sorts.

• Happened to me as well, polehammer 1 hit killed me as knight. DOnt know wth that was.

• Can damage adjustments be made on private servers without DLing a mod?

• i was on interitus duel server, so i know the damage wasn’t modified on server, but you CAN change the damage percentage, but it should not have been touched.

• I remember ages back there was a double hit glitch. But that was like, at release.

I’ve polehammered AFK knights to the head making their helmets fall off. An they don’t die. And it takes 3 kicks to kill them after that. So they have a bit of health left.

• what you need to understand is it’s obviously not happening every time. I’m saying that there MAY be a bug because… i’ve done it twice in one round…

i think we ALL understand that it SHOULD NOT be possible… that is the entire point of this thread.

comprende?

• @clayton-bigsby:

what you need to understand is it’s obviously not happening every time. I’m saying that there MAY be a bug because… i’ve done it twice in one round…

i think we ALL understand that it SHOULD NOT be possible… that is the entire point of this thread.

comprende?

So it happened to you twice in a short space of time. In a duel server you say so there is no chance of anyone else hitting you.

Someone could have been messing around with the settings at the time. There’s now a silent admin login and RCON.

• are you that dense?

it happened. NOONE changed any settings to the server. no one is even using rcon on that server. This is a very popular duel server in North America, stick to your new zealand servers and let us worry about what goes on in NA, you don’t know the server so maybe you don’t realize it’s a very popular server, and people don’t change settings all willy nilly while people are dueling in it. It’s also not DUEL MODE, it’s a Classic duel server, FFA style.

thre was NO DAMAGE taken to either of my opponents, they had just spawned in on moor, came up and challenged me. I did one over head to their head and their heads exploded. No kicks, no pokes, no other slashes, no other overheads. They did not take an arrow right before i hit them. No one else was around to accidentally get hit while running into another fight.

if you have never seen this happen or don’t believe it, fine, i don’t care if you’ve never seen it. Point is, i have and i’m curious if anyone else HAS seen it. If you haven’t, go find another thread that suits your experiences.

over and out.

• I’ve also been able to 1 hit kill MAA with a Messer 1h slash.

• Yeah Clayton, he is that dense….

That aside, I am betting that the 1 hit is happening as he is attacking, you just hit him first. I believe that if you headshot during the windup, for many classes, that it can be a 1 shot. It is all about timing and accuracy. Both of which are very hard to be that consistent in this game. If you look at the weapons that can actually 1 shot another class, how many times does it actually happen? Not that often if you think about it. If it was the case then every time a 1 shot weapon hit, it would indeed 1 shot but like I said, every thing has to be perfect. I cannot tell you how many times an archer or MAA survives an overhead from a maul. Granted they are barely alive but they survived and in some cases because they are faster then can spam you to death and survive, barely.

• @Event:

I’ve also been able to 1 hit kill MAA with a Messer 1h slash.

this one is intended i believe.

• @clayton-bigsby:

are you that dense?

it happened. NOONE changed any settings to the server. no one is even using rcon on that server. This is a very popular duel server in North America, stick to your new zealand servers and let us worry about what goes on in NA, you don’t know the server so maybe you don’t realize it’s a very popular server, and people don’t change settings all willy nilly while people are dueling in it. It’s also not DUEL MODE, it’s a Classic duel server, FFA style.

thre was NO DAMAGE taken to either of my opponents, they had just spawned in on moor, came up and challenged me. I did one over head to their head and their heads exploded. No kicks, no pokes, no other slashes, no other overheads. They did not take an arrow right before i hit them. No one else was around to accidentally get hit while running into another fight.

if you have never seen this happen or don’t believe it, fine, i don’t care if you’ve never seen it. Point is, i have and i’m curious if anyone else HAS seen it. If you haven’t, go find another thread that suits your experiences.

over and out.

Meh I’m a software engineer. Code does exactly what you tell it to do. Its actually impossible code wise. Unless there is some other factor involved. It doesn’t randomly decide that its gonna 1h you. Something else had to be involved. Like the double hit glitch is back or something.

And you said classic duel server. So you can’t be 100% sure that you were on full health and you can’t be 100% sure that nothing else hit you at the same time.

Regarding Retsnom maul overhead case sometimes the leg hitboxes glitch. So when you swing your game think it hit the legs rather than the torso or head. That’s dodgy hit detection though. We know the cause of that.

• :evil:

code does do what it’s supposed to do, and when it doesn’t that’s called what? “lol i’m a software engineer” You’re 18 and “STUDYING” for software engineer. GOOD FOR YOU, BUDDY!

Should i repeat myself that it happened? I experienced it, so i think it’s possible. how it happened? I DONT KNOW LEMON, I DONT KN)OW WHY IT HAPPNED. The point is i experienced it twice in classic duels where settings were not changed. My health was full, theirs was full. I overhead them once to the head, they died. End of story. The knight slayed the dragon and got away with the princess and he lived happily ever after.

:x

• @clayton-bigsby:

:evil:

code does do what it’s supposed to do, and when it doesn’t that’s called what? “lol i’m a software engineer” You’re 18 and “STUDYING” for software engineer. GOOD FOR YOU, BUDDY!

Should i repeat myself that it happened? I experienced it, so i think it’s possible. how it happened? I DONT KNOW LEMON, I DONT KN)OW WHY IT HAPPNED. The point is i experienced it twice in classic duels where settings were not changed. My health was full, theirs was full. I overhead them once to the head, they died. End of story. The knight slayed the dragon and got away with the princess and he lived happily ever after.

:x

But you can’t be 100% sure that’s the problem.

If it was in the actual duel mode then its a whole different story. Then its a confirmed bug end of story. But saying it happened in classic duel mode kinda muddy’s your evidence.

Thinking of all possibilities here. And how the hell do you know that their health was full? You don’t know.

Its common sense more than anything. You may THINK you know. But you can’t be SURE that you know that nothing else hit him and that he had full health. Its very likely that he was hit by something or he didn’t quite have full health. Far more likely than the code suddenly changing itself to deal more damage.