New forum bug

• -Quotes sometimes have a fixed width.
    -Old [image] tag no longer works.
    -Images greater than 700 pixels in either width or height cannot be posted.
    -Old forums links no longer work, even when the page address is correct.

• @dpunk:

-Quotes sometimes have a fixed width.

Everything except the highlighted one is easily fixed, in fact they fixed 2 bugs I posted within 2 hours, hopefully these will be fixed too. As for the last one, I’m not sure how they are going to fix this as the top level domain has changed, unless all the topics are still the same url minus the top level domain.

• While we’re at it, I searched an old post of mine because I reinstalled the game and I knew someone gave me a tip with the config. So it says on my profile:

Total posts: 133 | Show your posts

When I click “Show your posts”:

Search found 94 matches

Only a fraction of my posts is shown, and the one I searched is not among them (that’s how I noticed).

• @dpunk:

-Quotes sometimes have a fixed width.

1. No idea about the quotes. I can’t find anything about quotes in the admin panel. I also have never encountered that. Did it have images in it?

2. We removed the [image] tag, so you don’t see it in the list as well. Only use the ones listed in the posting list as those are confirmed working.

3. We have to put a limit on the size of images otherwise people can post super large ones. Until we can get the old [image] tags working again, we have to limit it.

4. Can’t do anything about that. The links will work, you just have to change chivalrythegame.com to tornbanner.com and then those direct links to threads/posts will work.

@fvonb:

While we’re at it, I searched an old post of mine because I reinstalled the game and I knew someone gave me a tip with the config. So it says on my profile:

Total posts: 133 | Show your posts

When I click “Show your posts”:
    @d4vvd591:

Search found 94 matches

Only a fraction of my posts is shown, and the one I searched is not among them (that’s how I noticed).

I was wondering at first if it was only showing posts and not topics started, but then that wasn’t correct either. So I’m wondering now if it’s only showing 94 of your posts because the rest of them were deleted? Either the thread was deleted or individual threads/posts removed. Because mine shows the same. Out of 3390 posts, 3329 were found. So it would make sense if that was the case. Of course I’m not 100% sure on that, but I couldn’t find anything else that it may be.

• @Kimiko:

1. Can’t do anything about that. The links will work, you just have to change chivalrythegame.com to tornbanner.com and then those direct links to threads/posts will work.

Would this not be really easy to setup a permanent redirect for chivlarythegame.com/forums to tornbanner.com/forums

Something in the .htaccess of chivalrythegame.com/forums along the lines of “Redirect 301 /forums tornbanner.com/forums

We did much the same on my clan site when we upgraded the forums
    That way all the traffic ends up in the right place and the old links will still work :D

• @MonkeyFiend:

@Kimiko:

1. Can’t do anything about that. The links will work, you just have to change chivalrythegame.com to tornbanner.com and then those direct links to threads/posts will work.

Would this not be really easy to setup a permanent redirect for chivlarythegame.com/forums to tornbanner.com/forums

Something in the .htaccess of chivalrythegame.com/forums along the lines of “Redirect 301 /forums tornbanner.com/forums

We did much the same on my clan site when we upgraded the forums
    That way all the traffic ends up in the right place and the old links will still work :D

shhhh get your logic out of here.

• @MonkeyFiend:

We did have this at first, not sure why it’s not there now.

Oh and the img tags should work at varying sizes now like the old [image] tag did.