Further Customization (Armor, Character) ?

• Hey TBS,

Gotta say - love what you’ve done with customization, I just wish it went further! I was wondering whether you guys had any planned to go beyond colorizing and helmet customization. I’m mostly referring to armor customization, or additional character customization (face, hair, skin, etc.).

Would be great to be able to see a different face when you knock those lovely helmets off, and could be a lot of fun to have some great looking medieval faces/facial hair! Likewise, some cool looking armors in FFA or variations of existing armors (chest plate, shoulder plate, etc.) would be awesome.

Any thoughts you can share?

Nightrise

EDIT: Just noticed the “Ask TBS” forum… would be great if a moderator could move this in there. Thanks, and sorry for the hassle!

• I think it’s true, the customization it make for less.
    Me i want see bad boy warriors with dirty beard and clothings :)

• TBS is always looking for freelance modellers to work for free. Not to mention the coding work involved.

• I’m gonna advertise myself a bit, click the link in my signature. It’s a thread I posted sometime this spring where I propose being able to choose between a set of different, but not too different, body models for your soldiers. I also proposed being able to change your colours on your clothes and picking different helmets, but I take no credit in that, they probably had that planned since the start of the game anyways.

• @lemonater47:

TBS is always looking for freelance modellers to work for free.

As a freelancer (not modeler) that hurts me. Every time “freelancer” and “work for free” appear in the same sentence a kitten bursts into flames. Yeah, I douse them in gasoline and light the match.

I hope that’s not the case. 1.2 Million copies can pay some starving freelancers wages. It’s cool when you’re an indy team (a buddy of mine actually modeled the guillotine, if I recall correctly) but once you start making money you should learn better.

• The customisation menu does have a tab for choosing the body under the helm (currently only useful for deciding if your FFA skin is mason or Agatha), so something in this vein will probably be coming eventually.

• @quigleyer:

@lemonater47:

TBS is always looking for freelance modellers to work for free.

As a freelancer (not modeler) that hurts me. Every time “freelancer” and “work for free” appear in the same sentence a kitten bursts into flames. Yeah, I douse them in gasoline and light the match.

I hope that’s not the case. 1.2 Million copies can pay some starving freelancers wages. It’s cool when you’re an indy team (a buddy of mine actually modeled the guillotine, if I recall correctly) but once you start making money you should learn better.

It’s not. I am pretty sure lemonater was being sarcastic.