Archer headshot s'plosion

• This is probably a waste of space and the most minute of things to pick on, but I think its a recent change and one I wish retracted, though purely my own opinion.

Archer headshots make their head… explode. I’m not sure what sense this makes from any realism point of view, but it seems that every single headshot death results in the entire head to become exploded into a shower of gore. Before, you could see exactly where the arrow hit, and you could scream “Lol get xiahou dun’d!” or “free nose job” when you see the blood stained shaft hanging out from the bridge of their snout. Now though, it seems to be a sort of… hollow experience. You shoot a guy in the head and his head explodes? Awesome! Then its just… the same old.

I’m not against this being a random occurance if you were to slay someone with a headshot, sometimes it makes their entire head explode and the rarity of it makes you giddy, but not all the time.

Am I alone on this one?

• Head exploding from arrows is actually, a bug.

They change the damage type of bodkin arrows to the same damage type weapons like the maul uses. And since explosions or decapitations are based on the damage type heads now explode.

They should make a copy of the damage type just for bodkin arrows and remove the head explosion part of it.

• And the Giraffes RAN wildly across the fields!!! :o

?

• @lemonater47:

Head exploding from arrows is actually, a bug.

They change the damage type of bodkin arrows to the same damage type weapons like the maul uses. And since explosions or decapitations are based on the damage type heads now explode.

They should make a copy of the damage type just for bodkin arrows and remove the head explosion part of it.

Oh… well thats semi-good to hear, it wasn’t intended and will likely change. Toppers!

• i like it…

• They said they were going to fix it but after an overwhelming amount of players collectively emoted " :( " they decided to leave it in.

• @Sidewinder:

They said they were going to fix it but after an overwhelming amount of players collectively emoted " :( " they decided to leave it in.

It was like 3 people. Most people hate it.

• I fucking love it!

• @?B:

I fucking love it!

It should only be for slings.

• @lemonater47:

@?B:

I fucking love it!

I laugh every time a head explodes, watching the brain fly out makes me giddy. What was the animation before? Was it just clutching the face and dying or something? Refresh my memory because its hard to say if I prefer the old style when I don’t even remember it.

• @?B:

@lemonater47:

@?B ?:

I fucking love it!

I laugh every time a head explodes, watching the brain fly out makes me giddy. What was the animation before? Was it just clutching the face and dying or something? Refresh my memory because its hard to say if I prefer the old style when I don’t even remember it.

Insta death ragdoll usually. Though sometimes he thought it was a chest shot.

• it doesn’t affect gameplay AT ALL, omg you want to see where you hit someone? how often does an archer go and check the body to see where he hit them in the head? point normally is they’re dead… irrelevant. Head explodes, i know i killed someone in the best way with a bow… why would you take that out once it’s been in? headsplosions… you want to nerf GORE!?

• @clayton-bigsby:

it doesn’t affect gameplay AT ALL, omg you want to see where you hit someone? how often does an archer go and check the body to see where he hit them in the head? point normally is they’re dead… irrelevant. Head explodes, i know i killed someone in the best way with a bow… why would you take that out once it’s been in? headsplosions… you want to nerf GORE!?

Its the small things that matter.

And its not that hard to change. They just need to make an exception for bodkin arrows.

There’s a gazillion small obvious bugs that have even overlooked since day one. The pile is just getting bigger and bigger. Last patch actually fixed a couple of obvious ones though.

Immersion breaking bugs have taken a backseat for too long.

• It would be much cooler if the arrow would stick out of the head, in my opinion.

• This is one of the most minor issues at the moment and really needs to take a backseat to quite a few WAY more important problems (Getting hit while out of range, Server issues etc).

However, Why can’t we have both? Is it hard to program it so that there is a chance the arrow will stay stuck in the head or cause it to explode?

• @clayton-bigsby:

it doesn’t affect gameplay AT ALL, omg you want to see where you hit someone? how often does an archer go and check the body to see where he hit them in the head? point normally is they’re dead… irrelevant. Head explodes, i know i killed someone in the best way with a bow… why would you take that out once it’s been in? headsplosions… you want to nerf GORE!?

No nerf gore !
    But See an opponent fall with an arrow between his eyes, i find this way more satifying that the head s’plosion !
    Head s’plosion feels very good with hammer in the face, or even with sling’s headshots !
    But arrows… nah !

• @jrmftw:

This is one of the most minor issues at the moment and really needs to take a backseat to quite a few WAY more important problems (Getting hit while out of range, Server issues etc).

However, Why can’t we have both? Is it hard to program it so that there is a chance the arrow will stay stuck in the head or cause it to explode?

Yes its harder to do it both way than it is to do it one of the other.

And getting hit while outta range? Never seen that. And what particular server issues are you on about?

• @jrmftw:

This is one of the most minor issues at the moment and really needs to take a backseat to quite a few WAY more important problems (Getting hit while out of range, Server issues etc).

This is exactly what I think would be the best way to go about it. Most of the time it will not, but every now and then, BOOM, head explodes, and you feel absolutely brilliant for causing something that isn’t as common as it currently is.

• I don’t mind them keeping it in but maybe they can make it so it only has a 15% chance of it happening with bodkins as opposed to the now current 100%.