Kick starter helms

• I would pay for them. I wish I could of gotten them
    Back then but didn’t have the cash but I kicked in 60 $
    Torn Banner any thoughts on this.
    Much respect
    KELTIC

• I am a nigerian prince with overstock of dev helms and kickstarter helms, pls pm me your SIN and CC info and I will have my cousin mail you the goods.

thank you.

• @?B:

I am a nigerian prince with overstock of dev helms and kickstarter helms, pls pm me your SIN and CC info and I will have my cousin mail you the goods.

thank you.

This is entrapment, he’s a cop. Don’t trust him, everyone knows the selling and buying of helms is illegal in North America, Europe, and seven countries in Asia.

I’ve been hearing rumors that TBS is going to be starting up a store with cosmetic items, so you might very well get your wish. Any able to confirm?

• Outstanding good sir. Ya his clam was invalid and there’s no nigerian prince in kick starter
    If I would get a Bad Arse Helm I would Earn it !!! or buy it from the GOD of TornBanner
    Much respect
    Keltic

• On the one hand, the helms are pretty dang cool-looking and it’d be neat to see them some more on the battlefield - on the other, the kickstarter supporters kinda deserve to keep the privilege they paid for.
    Maybe some less-flashy versions for us mere mortals who joined later on?
    Like, the Agathan one without the gold trim and the mason one without the horns?

• Hooray for limited time exclusives!..… right?

Yeah I have to agree with the OP here. I could understand making it a paid helmet, but making it paid AND limited time is what bugs me. Personally I didn’t have the money to back it when it was on Kickstarter, but also think about people who just flat out didn’t even know about the game back then. Making it so those people will never get that just because they didn’t know they had the option is annoying. Limited exclusives make no sense for a digital item, it isn’t like there is a limited number of them, or that it costs TBS to manufacture another order of them. For the people who believe “if it isn’t exclusive it isn’t the same” that is just retarded, and you may have major insecurities and/or are a hipster “WHAT?! Other people have what I have?! Fuck this it isn’t cool anymore I don’t want it!” lol.

“Oh shit that helmet is sweet! I want one! I just gotta wait till my next paycheck.” -Kickstarter has ended helmets no longer available- “FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!” :x

• I think the kickstarter helms should definitely remain exclusive to those special few people that obtained them for their support. It would be quite the kick to the balls I would imagine for those supporters if they went on sale.

• @Sidewinder:

I think the kickstarter helms should definitely remain exclusive to those special few people that obtained them for their support. It would be quite the kick to the balls I would imagine for those supporters if they went on sale.

I’ve yet to see any good argument as to how it negatively affects them by letting other people get it too. They literally lose nothing by doing so. There’s only negative if they keep it unavailable to everyone else, whereas only positive comes from making it available, i.e. more people get something they want and TBS makes more money.

Also, does someone’s support for TBS and their game mean less if the support comes later than someone else’? I would argue that the support is just as…. supportive. lol.

• @Sidewinder:

I think the kickstarter helms should definitely remain exclusive to those special few people that obtained them for their support. It would be quite the kick to the balls I would imagine for those supporters if they went on sale.

If they went on sale for the same cost ($150 I believe) there wouldn’t be anything unfair about it.

• @The:

@Sidewinder:

If they went on sale for the same cost ($150 I believe) there wouldn’t be anything unfair about it.

It would be a bit much at $150 though because it wasn’t that much for just the helmet.

That included:
    -Exclusive Wallpaper
    -The game
    -A T shirt
    -Your name in the credits
    -Soundtrack
    -Early access
    -Exclusive reveals

-AND the helmet

So if it went on sale it would be more like $15-$25, if we’re talking about just the helmet.

• @Steel:

@The Radiant:

@Sidewinder:

It would be a bit much at $150 though because it wasn’t that much for just the helmet.

That included:
    -Exclusive Wallpaper
    -The game
    -A T shirt
    -Your name in the credits
    -Soundtrack
    -Early access
    -Exclusive reveals

-AND the helmet

So if it went on sale it would be more like $15-$25, if we’re talking about just the helmet.

They would get some serious nerd rage from the original funders who payed 150$, just saying.

• It wasn’t just the price that was restrictive it was also the the amount of time available to buy. You know, a limited time offer.

• But, buying into it earlier wasn’t anything exceptional. I would have done it had I known about the kickstarter. As long as the cost of the helmet is approximately the same, I don’t think it’s that unfair. I hardly ever even see anyone with it to begin with, so I doubt it’s much of an issue. Doesn’t seem like anyone who bought the helm even plays now, at least in NA.

• @Sidewinder:

It wasn’t just the price that was restrictive it was also the the amount of time available to buy. You know, a limited time offer.

My point is that the limited time is arbitrary, as it is a digital item that has no limit to its duplication. i.e. you can’t run out unless every single one (including the original) were deleted from hard drives permanently.

@The:

But, buying into it earlier wasn’t anything exceptional. I would have done it had I known about the kickstarter.

This is part of my point.

Some people didn’t even know they had the option to buy it because they didn’t know there was even a kickstarter at the time. While at the same time there are those who knew yet just didn’t have the money available at the time, thus not even having a chance to buy it.

@The:

I hardly ever even see anyone with it to begin with, so I doubt it’s much of an issue. Doesn’t seem like anyone who bought the helm even plays now, at least in NA.

This too.

Not only do I still not understand the mentality of “it isn’t as cool because I’m not the only one who has it!”, but at the same time, I don’t think I’ve seen LITERALLY ANYONE use it EVER other than on the pirated version that my friend had playing on tunngle servers (in his defense, he bought it since then, he was just making sure it would run playable on his PC). So it seems like they’d only make like 10 people angry since I’ve literally never seen it used in-game.

Speaking of the fact that everyone on the pirated version had it… Doesn’t that mean it is in the game files but we just can’t access it? Something other game companies get TONS of shit and bad press for…?

• i have yet to meet a kickstarter helmet user who wasn’t a complete wanker. admittedly i have only met 3, but each of them acted like they were the best shit since pants with pockets, acted completely condescending to any people asking about how they got the helms, and got mad that they kept getting beat by a guy wearing a lowly normal helmet (Altair in particular was an obnoxious little turd). on this basis i would support selling the kickstarter helms, if only to see them cry some more.