Mouse dragging is ruining duels

• Hey, I am not sure what exactly its called but alot of high level players in dueling, make their swing speed ridiculously slow and sometimes even twirl around while doing it. It just looks ridiculous and is completely unrealistic, I know this game isnt all about realism, but when fighting there should be a element of realism, not slow swings which do alot of damage. It also messes with your reactions as you are so used to pressing block when you see the wind up. For me its abusing the game and I wish they would remove it.

• Mouse dragging will never be removed. Without it, the only way to hit people would be feints or making them run out of stamina.

• they already either directly or indirectly got nerfed… the whole point is another way to get around a parry to avoid the whole parry counter battles. If you get feinted it’s the same concept, just anotehr way to throw off timing… this avoids using stamina though so you don’t get stun locked in 2 parries.

• I do think some of the overhead look-down mouse dragging is ridiculous, however. Instant hits even before you swing.

• If you have a bad net like I do, it’s impossible to read mouse dragging because their animation for dragging doesn’t show up until it’s too late for you to do anything about it. Otherwise, mouse dragging is fine and you just have to stay on your A game to read it and counter it. If your net does suck, get better net before asking it to be removed.

• @SOC:

If you have a bad net like I do, it’s impossible to read mouse dragging because their animation for dragging doesn’t show up until it’s too late for you to do anything about it. Otherwise, mouse dragging is fine and you just have to stay on your A game to read it and counter it. If your net does suck, get better net before asking it to be removed.

^

Completely and totally block-able. Don’t just parry immediately if you’re getting dragged.

Also, move into it and parry. Works VERY well.

Also, move away from horizontal drags and attack. Even better.

I had a guy call me a “piece of shit dragger” yesterday and feint me 7 times in one round. I mean, to each his own, but… really?

Why are we trying to get rid of more game mechanics? Let’s stop this. I don’t care if you lose. I lose too. I wish they would nerf damage to me, it’s overpowered. After 4,000 messages to the devs they still refuse to, though.

Also SOC- so you ARE NET SUCKS - PACKET LOSS, eh?

• Real-time strikes are an advertised mechanic in the game.

It’s even noted in a loading screen tip.

• This discussion again. Sometimes I think most people would just like to slash around the whole time. Give them four buttons to move and one button to attack and they are happy…

• Mouse dragging is crucial to this game. That said what i read from the OP is that the OP is not happy with the ridiculous things that he is seeing. It sounds to me like he’s unhappy with the exploitation of the mouse dragging rather then the mouse dragging itself.

Try playing on 1st person only servers

• Dragging… I don’t know. You kind of get stuck in the whole argument as to if this game is supposed to be realistic or or not. And by that I mean if you were to realistically slow your swing down as you can in game … Come on… how much damage would you really do… Pick up your house hold hammer and (drag / slow your swing) on a nail… So??? how’d you do?? lol…

I personaly haven’t played the game that these folks ( apparently broke away from ) but it does sound as though those games had a more complex damage system. In any event when ever I play this game I am still reminded of " Die by the Sword " yes yes… it’s an older game but pretty much the same game (including the voice overs and limb / head lopping ) minus the better graphics. Which also makes me chuckle a bit when I hear TBS introduced something new. ;o) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41UyXgofO3o As a side note in this game you controlled your swing with the mouse and or joystick so you could completely guide your swing.

• There is no problem with mouse dragging. Even the best drags are entirely within the ability of a player to read. You have to relax your mind and fingers not to parry soon. Don’t parry out of habit, it has to be a direct process not a reflex.

• @The:

There is no problem with mouse dragging. Even the best drags are entirely within the ability of a player to read. You have to relax your mind and fingers not to parry soon. Don’t parry out of habit, it has to be a direct process not a reflex.

I thoroughly agree with this ^, but i do frequently come across people on 3rd person enabled serves who are pushing the boundaries of the game, but anytime i’m on a 1st person only server i’m not faced with this issue.

• there is a fix for this, easy to understand, but will require ALL weapons to be rebalanced.

• The part where it becomes unbalanced is where a 1st person is vs’ing a 3rd person player who abuses their turning rate.

The game is pretty balanced when people are playing on equal terms as there are various mouse dragging cap rates for individual weapons. BUT, when a 3rd person player abuses their weapon turning abilities it becomes unbalanced against a 1st person player who can not do the same thing.

I have not observed any issues on 1st person only servers, but they immediately crop up when you go on a 3rd person enabled server.

• @giantyak:

The part where it becomes unbalanced is where a 1st person is vs’ing a 3rd person player who abuses their turning rate.

The game is pretty balanced when people are playing on equal terms as there are various mouse dragging cap rates for individual weapons. BUT, when a 3rd person player abuses their weapon turning abilities it becomes unbalanced against a 1st person player who can not do the same thing.

I have not observed any issues on 1st person only servers, but they immediately crop up when you go on a 3rd person enabled server.

Weapon turn speed is the same regardless of third person or not.

In third person with a high FOV they can see what’s behind them. So they swing while turning around with the swing. You need a large mouse space for this. That’s one way of kiting people. It also helps you see where everyone is.

They don’t turn any faster They just turn more. As they can see more.

• And yet:
    @giantyak:

And so:
    @giantyak:

when a 3rd person player abuses their weapon turning abilities it becomes unbalanced against a 1st person player who can not do the same thing.

I’m not saying this is true for all 3rd person players, but it can be observed in pretty much every 3rd person enabled server you go onto with at least one or two players doing this ^

• Abused what third person weapon turning abilities?

All you did was repeat yourself.

• You made me feel like i had to repeat myself… ;)

If i knew what these guys were/are doing i would have said… IDK how they’re doing it.
    For myself i just keep playing on 1st person only servers (there are lots in australia), but i know there are many people who don’t have that opportunity and they get upset and then come onto the forums saying mouse dragging is broken and people on the forum then go and make them feel like a newb… Its not right.

• @giantyak:

You made me feel like i had to repeat myself… ;)

If i knew what these guys were/are doing i would have said… IDK how they’re doing it.
    For myself i just keep playing on 1st person only servers (there are lots in australia), but i know there are many people who don’t have that opportunity and they get upset and then come onto the forums saying mouse dragging is broken and people on the forum then go and make them feel like a newb… Its not right.

3rd person only makes you be able to see more. It doesn’t make you turn faster while swinging.

For example kiting. Can be done by listing to footsteps in 1st person. Problem with footsteps you don’t know who is chasing you.

Me and a team mate were fighting these two guys. My team mate turns and runs for some off reason as I LMB kill both enemies. I start to follow my team mate he hears the footsteps, turns around and TKs me. He thought one of them were chasing him.

In third person this would happen as you can effectively see what’s behind you. All you gotta do is set your FOV to 180 lower your mouse senitivty to compensate (otherwise you do a 360 in Half a centimetre) and boom you’re away.

One of the reasons why first person is restricted on those servers.

I’m surprised I haven’t seen you in game. Use a different name obviously.

And thrid person players are usually looking down a bit as they go around.

• you do realize you are complaining about how fast sumone moves their mouse while playing against you dont you?

realtime means we can control them in real time, there is enough stuff locked into gameplay breaking “timed and controlled” instances to even consider mentioning this other then in your own head.
    this is just ridicolous lol

there is way more important stuff to worry about then that,
    that ruins the game far more then your ability to be faked out by sum one over and over again.