Pricing of Chivalry

• @Samula:

yes this is good in some aspects like it will help team chivalry reach further goals with the money but it will also put some people off having to pay when they are already used to playing for free on the normal chivalry

While others will be more inclined to try it out if it’s a commercial title…

If they don’t want to pay for quality content then they’re missing out and they only have themselves to blame…
    It doesn’t make sense to offer a game for free because some people are used to not paying…

• So you’re saying that game developers should just work for free? I’m sorry but I disagree big time with your arguments that the prices of games needs to come down. If you don’t want to buy them, fine don’t buy them. Some of the big software companies are bastards and I agree they overprice their products. However, small time developers do not have the corporate resources the big guys do. They need to make money somehow, it’s the driving force in life and a huge motivator to put out high quality work.

I love Age of Chivalry. It is arguably the most polished and successful HL2 mod. I really don’t get people that bitch about “bullshit lag deaths and glitches”. I don’t experience that in the game. I would pay to play this game and I have in helping pay for a server. When Chivalry is released I will buy it no matter how much it is.

Support indies.

• I want to support all game developers. And never in my original post did I ask for Chivalry to be free. It was Samula that mentioned the game possibly being sold for free.

All I ask is for the game to be sold for around $10, give or take $5 and/or have the game on sale when it is released, then, if they wish, sell it for $20.

I hope there aren’t any more confusions left to be sorted out.

• no i dont want it for free i support the idea of paying i was just mentioning that with the amount of people that have played age of chivalry for free might be put off having to pay. but like i said i think paying will help the dev’s reach further goals and improve chivalry even more

• @Samula:

i was just mentioning that with the amount of people that have played age of chivalry for free might be put off having to pay.

The same can be said about people pirating games…
    Since it doesn’t matter it doesn’t make sense to just make statements like that or what are you proposing that Team Chivalry should do about the people who are put off by having to pay?

I also don’t think it’s fair to say I won’t pay more than 15$, you should judge the game by it’s quality when it’s released and only then decide if it’s worth the price or not…
    I’m assuming the price will depend on the amount of content. Many times I’ve found myself thinking damn this game could have used twice the content and I would gladly have paid twice as much for it…

• keep in mind, canadians can’t be charged for pirating, so if you deter that population with a really high price then we’re ganna exercise that right :)

• @Vox:

keep in mind, canadians can’t be charged for pirating, so if you deter that population with a really high price then we’re ganna exercise that right :)

Good luck pirating a multiplayer game :P

• oh, we have our ways, don’t you worry

• Really honorable of you. :|

• I will be sure to implement every type of reasonable protection onto this game to deal with you canadians then ;)