Friday Update: What we’re up to! August 16, 2013

• Welcome to our ‘Friday Update’, where we provide you with an update
    of what we have been working on and things to come.

• New Look: If you haven’t noticed it yet, our site http://tornbanner.com got a fresh new look along with merging our forums over. We would love to have your opinion on the new forums as they are still a work in progress, please feel free to post constructive criticism and suggestions for the forums here

• SDK: With the release of our Content Update 2 (Customization) Patch, our next major focus will be getting the SDK tools and Steam Workshop integrated into our game. We will continue to release updates on the beta app where you can currently use and test out the SDK. You can check out some user created maps and game modes on our forums here.

• RCon: We’ve written a Chivalry parser for BigBrotherBot which has been integrated into the program. While it hasn’t made it into a stable release yet, you can download the B3 daily builds which, as of v1.10.dev.daily68, include the parser. http://files.cucurb.net/b3/daily

To use BigBrotherBot, you should still follow the directions on their site for installing and configuring it, but use a daily build (at least v1.10.dev.daily68) from the above link. When setting up the bot, set the “game” to chiv

To set the rcon port the game uses, add this to PCServer-UDKGame.ini:

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

• Community Events: Our Community Fun Night last Saturday was a great success! Thank you to everyone who came and participated in our little extravaganza. Due to the great turnout, we will be having Community Fun Nights each month with days and times varying. A special thanks to Low Ping Servers who sponsored our event by hosting both the game server and Mumble we used to voice chat. They also provided a prize of a free server for 30 days for our raffle. The winner of the raffle was RushSecond. Congratulations! Stay tuned for not only our Community Fun Nights where we just casually play for fun, but also other events as which are posted in our Community Events forum located here

• Patch: If you noticed a small 50MB patch, this was for localization only. The following changes were:

• Added new scripts into the two main fonts, including: simplified Chinese, Japanese, Hebrew, Arabic, Lao, Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics

• Removed the separate Japanese fonts (as Japanese glyphs are now part of the two main fonts)

• Translations: A new sub-section is up on our forums called Game Translations. If you are interested in translating the game to your language, please use this section. Please follow the guidelines before proceeding.

_Thank you and see you next week!
    _

• The letter ‘?’ in Hebrew shows up as a square in the chat.

• Developer

Noted, thanks. It looks like this might be because a few different characters were lost during the generation of the font. If that’s because we have too many glyphs in that font, we’ll have to go with separate fonts for each language again (and add new languages into that), and we’ll have to add some sort of chat functionality so that text won’t come out as boxes on clients using different languages. Unfortunately we can’t just use fallback fonts.

• Developer

Someone asked why we don’t have Korean glyphs. Their post disappeared. I don’t know why. I’ll reply anyways:

I’m not aware of a Korean font with a “free” enough license that we could integrate it into the game without any issue. The fonts currently used in the game have extremely generous licenses. Part of the issue may be that it’s hard to find Korean fonts when none of us read the language.

Getting into licensing a font would be the next step if we can’t find one, but licensing for this type of use can be kind of tricky and kind of expensive, and none of us really have the ability to even evaluate Korean fonts.

• There is an old bug that was not fixed that really annoys me. The mason knight still has no kite shield on his back. How can that be? the bug is so old,someone simply has to recognize it… its not only the appearence of a knight without a shield even if he has one with him…its also a big gameplay disadvantage, because the knight´s back is unprotected against arrows… please fix this… it is very necessary!

• About the new forums, it took me forever to find that tiny link on the bottom of the updated page. it should be under some cummunity tab at the top so it’s easy to get to. This new colour scheme kind of hurts my eyes, tbh I prefered the old forums look all over, except for the new header I guess.

Other than that. . . where are the patchnotes for the latest patch? I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

• @Xylvion:

About the new forums, it took me forever to find that tiny link on the bottom of the updated page. it should be under some cummunity tab at the top so it’s easy to get to. This new colour scheme kind of hurts my eyes, tbh I prefered the old forums look all over, except for the new header I guess.

Other than that. . . where are the patchnotes for the latest patch? I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16562

• Developer

Just pushed a 40.9 MB update which should fix the missing Chinese, Japanese, and Hebrew characters. This update does nothing else.

• @Kimiko:

Thanks, been on that topic a few times but I’ve never seen the patch notes there (;

• @Xylvion:

@Kimiko:

Thanks, been on that topic a few times but I’ve never seen the patch notes there (;

No problem. Just had to scroll to the bottom. I know it was long, due to the images!

• Whoops sorry kimi I forgot to do it this time.

Fix Mason kite shields not loading on backs and catapult fast clicks/arrow cam please.

• Wow u locked friday update 23 but not another topics… looks strange. Anyway theres still nothin for ChivMW

• @SlyGoat:

@bsan89:

Anything this week?

http://tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic. … 03&t=21362

As posted by slygoat in regards to the same comment from the other thread.