Font feedback

• Developer

If there are any critical missing characters in fonts, let me know. We want to guarantee functionality of the menus and interface first, and chat second. If the current approach of having a bunch of glyphs in one font is too constraining, we can break them back up into multiple fonts, but that will break chat compatibility between different languages with non-Latin characters.

• It seems that this game can’t display Non-Latin characters correctly, such as Chinese, Korean and Japanese. Could you guys add those Non-Latin fonts for this game?

• Developer

Have you tried the game since the minor update a few hours ago? We’ve merged our font with a font containing Simplified Chinese and Japanese glyphs, among others (no Korean glyphs currently, unfortunately). I don’t know of a means of evaluating how good the font’s coverage is, though. I’m not crazy knowledgeable about font stuff, nor about these other languages themselves.

• Developer

I have noticed that maybe one or two glyphs used by Zoo’s Japanese translation are missing. There’s also apparently one common Hebrew letter missing. We’ll patch up the combined font next week, or if need-be, split it up into different fonts for different languages (with some overlap). We can’t use fallback fonts, fonts are limited to 65536 total glyphs, and I’m not completely sure which glyphs we need for each language.

• Sorry, I didn’t notice it. But looks like there are still one or two missing characters which are the same as Half-Life 2 in SChinese (Valve fixed it at a later time).
    [attachment=0:1t78dkzz]chntest.jpg[/attachment:1t78dkzz]

• Developer

I need more to work off of. Is there a particular range of missing characters, or can you post or link to some sample text that contains some missing characters? Thanks :)

• @CrustaceanSoup:

I need more to work off of. Is there a particular range of missing characters, or can you post or link to some sample text that contains some missing characters? Thanks :)

The following are missing characters I found so far:
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

• Developer

I think I know what’s going on. When one glyph is referenced in two places in a font, FontForge dumps one of the references when it does the font merge. I’m working on it. Thanks for the feedback

• Developer

Just pushed a 40.9 MB update which should fix the missing Chinese, Japanese, and Hebrew characters.

• Developer

So I’m going to update the fonts again soon. I’m pulling in a different Droid font that has Korean characters. It appears that it drops most of the traditional Chinese characters, but it should still have the full standard simplified Chinese range.

• I think console (` key) doesn’t support korean. all of words are square.

• 為什Chivalry Deadliest Warrior沒有簡體字

• This post is deleted!

• Why can’t we have this kind of awesome communication throughout all the forums? I have never seen a dev work this hard to get a problem fixed.

• @Flippy:

Why can’t we have this kind of awesome communication throughout all the forums? I have never seen a dev work this hard to get a problem fixed.

Well given their track record of being silent to work on DW.

I can only surmise they are working on something completely different.