Help! Server says it is full when it clearly isn't

• Hello there,

I’ve been trying to join this server: Official TO Server #25 [24p] - US West (Multiplay) 72.51.46.226:8977

It keeps saying the server is full no matter how many people are in it. I can join other servers just fine. Anyone have any ideas?

• Yeah we are having the same problem with our servers as well. What does work is using the OPEN command in console if you know the game server’s IP address.

So hit ~ and in console type: OPEN 72.51.46.226:8977 (or any game server IP address)

• I am also experiencing this problem and I also use the direct connect to join when this happens but i wonder if this only happens on a certian map?

• ok so ive noticed on the following maps only i have trouble joining
    aocto-darkforest and aoctd-ruins large

• @SirEdwardTheBastard:

I am also experiencing this problem and I also use the direct connect to join when this happens but i wonder if this only happens on a certian map?

We’ve had this happening one our servers… server says its full and no-one can join. However people also can’t join directly for some reason. It tends to either fix itself on the next level or empty the server out completely

• This will be fixed in the next patch. From what I noticed, after someone is votekicked or adminkicked, then this bug would start to occur. And then next map, it goes back to normal.

• You mean I hotpatch I hope? I’d hate to wait several months for a ‘normal’ patch to fix this problem.

@Retsnom:

So hit ~ and in console type: OPEN 72.51.46.226:8977 (or any game server IP address)

Unfortunately I couldn’t get this to work for me. Is there another step involved perhaps?

• @peasant:

You mean I hotpatch I hope? I’d hate to wait several months for a ‘normal’ patch to fix this problem.

@Retsnom:

Unfortunately I couldn’t get this to work for me. Is there another step involved perhaps?

It won’t be months. It’s not something you can get around, but when the map is over, then the issue is temporarily resolved until someone is votekicked again. Sorry about that. It is a very annoying issue indeed.