Stamina barely matters!

• It would really add to the depth of game if stamina mattered a little bit more. For example blocking bigass warhammer with a shield should work for 2 or at most 3 hits, after that block should brake. At the same time though swinging with said wahmarrer should drain stamina like crazy and good player would not spam swings left and right.

• I agree, although it has been said that blocking will cause more stamina with smaller weapons in the future (there’s already a ‘blocking strength’ indicator in weapon details, but currently it’s 100% for each weapon).

• I think stamina is not working as intended right now.

Yes, it serves no purpose I bet no one even looks at it, and even if it runs out it doesn’t matter that much.

I also dont understand why hits dont take stamina, makes no sense, like you won’t put effort if you hit someone.
    You shoulnd’t be able to jump around/spam swings/dodges imo.

• In AoC, being a melee fighter, Stamina mattered maybe a lil to much.

• I think it was perfectly fine. You wouldn’t run out of stamina if you didn’t do repetitive moves, like spamming swings or just blocking incoming blows.

And this is actually the most important part, the blocking, in aoch shields would seriously Drink your stamina like a juice, and you wouldn’t just hide behind a shield sucking blows.

• I just got annoyed at the Regen rate.

5 seconds is a long time in this type of game. I ran and slashed one enemy, then found myself out of Stamina, so he had free rein to attack me while I could only walk.

• dark messiah multiplayer anyone ? in that game you could run out of stamina very very quickly and took a long time to regen, it mattered a whole LOT for all classes! you had to use up your stamina very wisely. In this game i dont see stamina as a key factor for now, i hope they’ll fix it.

• Dark Messiah was an awesome SP game. MP, not so much.

• I agree stamina means nothing, its laughable when tower shield knights can just block, block and block without getting tired.

• AoC’s stamina system was a little too restrictive for its pace of combat - which means it would be insanely restrictive for the pace of combat in Chivalry.

I do think that every attack should cost stamina. Right now missing attacks doesn’t feel penalized at all unless you spam. It would help put knights and vanguards more on par with MaA for stamina usage, considering MaA weapons parrying knight/vanguard weapons will lose considerable stamina once the stamina drain on parry is fixed. MaA already uses the most stamina via dodge - you’ll almost have to choose between blocking and dodging in the future it seems.

Also, yeah, shields - shields are a little too easy right now, and with stamina drain for parrying large weapons with small weapons they’ll become much better, perhaps even necessary since the throwables (barring firepot which is also up for some changes) aren’t exactly amazing, and are themselves countered by a shield. So shields need more heavy stamina drain - especially larger shields. I think it could be compensated by giving larger shields a stronger shield bash as a way of nerfing their defensive strength and buffing their offensive; because I don’t feel like shields are strictly overpowered, just that I can see the game becoming slower and more defensive if something doesn’t change about shields with the upcoming parry “nerf”.

And again, with this additional stamina usage, MaA might be perpetually out of stamina - maybe even the other classes as well - so I’d like to see shields drain stamina, parrying larger weapons drain stamina, and missed attacks drain stamina - but jumping, kicking and dodging drain less than current. Basically, I would like to see more things use stamina, but less stamina drained so you don’t feel pigeonholed into only performing the most “optimal” actions in combat in regards to stamina, which is what AoC felt like a lot of the time.

• Just make it so stamina doesn’t regen while holding block down.

• @Knil:

Just make it so stamina doesn’t regen while holding block down.

It does now? That’s definitely a bug if so.

• Stamina and health bar should be always visible with a nice design… not just two rectangular bars…

• @Mkilbride:

Dark Messiah was an awesome SP game. MP, not so much.

well, MP was laggy and buggy but i still LOVED it :P a few weeks ago before i found chivalry i wanted to install it and play it again on either SP or MP, i played the game through like five times, still i could play it through a couple of times, and this is something really rare about SP games :)

• @SlyGoat:

AoC’s stamina system was a little too restrictive for its pace of combat - which means it would be insanely restrictive for the pace of combat in Chivalry.

I do think that every attack should cost stamina. Right now missing attacks doesn’t feel penalized at all unless you spam. It would help put knights and vanguards more on par with MaA for stamina usage, considering MaA weapons parrying knight/vanguard weapons will lose considerable stamina once the stamina drain on parry is fixed. MaA already uses the most stamina via dodge - you’ll almost have to choose between blocking and dodging in the future it seems.

Also, yeah, shields - shields are a little too easy right now, and with stamina drain for parrying large weapons with small weapons they’ll become much better, perhaps even necessary since the throwables (barring firepot which is also up for some changes) aren’t exactly amazing, and are themselves countered by a shield. So shields need more heavy stamina drain - especially larger shields. I think it could be compensated by giving larger shields a stronger shield bash as a way of nerfing their defensive strength and buffing their offensive; because I don’t feel like shields are strictly overpowered, just that I can see the game becoming slower and more defensive if something doesn’t change about shields with the upcoming parry “nerf”.

And again, with this additional stamina usage, MaA might be perpetually out of stamina - maybe even the other classes as well - so I’d like to see shields drain stamina, parrying larger weapons drain stamina, and missed attacks drain stamina - but jumping, kicking and dodging drain less than current. Basically, I would like to see more things use stamina, but less stamina drained so you don’t feel pigeonholed into only performing the most “optimal” actions in combat in regards to stamina, which is what AoC felt like a lot of the time.

i like your aspects, id like to see sprinting drain stamina as well !

• Oh, I forgot to mention that. I like that you can sprint for mobility and archer avoidance, it’s a necessary function of the game and I think it not draining stamina in those cases is good. But I think definitely sprinting in-combat should have a stamina penalty somehow, because currently there’s no reason to ever not be sprinting whenever you’re moving forward.