A letter from Torn Banner.

• Dearest members of the Community, Forum-goers, and Doobs alike,

First and foremost I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lucas, and I am an Artist for Torn Banner. My posting here today is part of an overall change with Torn Banner. While we continue to transition from a remote team into studio development there will be obstacles that we have to tackle. Things have already begun changing in these here parts as you may have noticed. With the new Torn Banner website and accompanying forums, we are striving to make our internet presence more streamlined and an overall better experience.

If you haven’t checked out our about page yet, I’ll invite you to do so presently. Take a look at these people. Hopefully you will come to learn these names as we work to create more points of contact between Torn Banner and the Community. Whether you know it or not, all the developers here read through the forums and take your feedback into account. However, we can all work together at improving this process for everyone.

A few things that will be happening as we transition into this new forum space:

1. The actual interface may change. We are working on ironing out the kinks, but we need your feedback to make this space better for everyone. Please direct your feedback to the Forum Suggestions thread. This is an iterative process that will require input from all of you to help us know what is important.

2. We will be reviewing and rewriting our forum rules. If you have any specific questions, concerns, or ideas on what needs changing, again please direct them to the Forum Suggestions thread.

3. We are going to start Moderating the forums a bit more heavily and consistently to help facilitate discussion. More importantly though, we will be focusing on making this forum a better place overall, with less direct hostility towards individuals and a lower level of toxicity. Off topic posts will be deleted in order to unclutter threads. This doesn’t mean that criticism is unwelcome, on the contrary, we want to promote constructive criticism and healthy debate. We want to encourage a culture of respect for everyone, and together we can build a better and more positive community.

Again, this is an iterative process so bear with us while we work towards a better future for our community.

From Toronto,
    With Love,
    Torn Banner

• “3) We are going to start Moderating the forums a bit more heavily and consistently to help facilitate discussion. More importantly though, we will be focusing on making this forum a better place overall, with less direct hostility towards individuals and a lower level of toxicity. Off topic posts will be deleted in order to unclutter threads. This doesn’t mean that criticism is unwelcome, on the contrary, we want to promote constructive criticism and healthy debate. We want to encourage a culture of respect for everyone, and together we can build a better and more positive community.”

This is good to hear, thank you for this letter, more communication and transparency is always a better thing :)

• More information and more transparency is always good.

• “Off topic posts will be deleted in order to unclutter threads.”

• @Lucas:

“Off topic posts will be deleted in order to unclutter threads.”

Are you speaking to someone in particular or just fielding your thoughts?

• @Lucas:

Censorship general, great move Torn Banner.

• The Supreme Free Peoples Liberation Party of Toronto, chaired by Colonel Piggot

lol

• Just gonna say I am very impressed with this communities forums; the look and design is very nice! I also love the chivalry attitude that has been shared amongst all the members of this forum. (Apart from the occasional).

Thank you to all the staff at TORN BANNER

• Am I right when I say that the initial guys at TBS hired a lot of people? If I remember correctly, there were only five of you in the first place. Nonetheless, looking forward to what’s coming :)

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Lucas:

Policing isn’t censorship, there’s a big difference and to be honest, if they do indeed censor anyone, I think that’s a big wrong step. I doubt he means this and I’m actually happy to read this move from Torn Banner.

The internet is filled with places which operate under the “no regulation” policy and look how those places turn out. I’m sure you can name some really depressing places with such polices. Manners, respect and zero tolerance on personal attacks is the best way to go, this is how a community place gains a lot of respect and specifically how intelligent discussions normally operate, at least.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Lucas:

Its a mini-game, see what you can get away with.