Black Hats

• Helmets. Whatever.

They look rubs. That red/blue highlight effect is really out of place in a game that more or less aims for an otherwise pretty authentic look.

Weird thing is, I really wanted a black helmet before they appeared. But not like this. Not like this.

Fix pls.

(I don’t think I’m allowed to add a poll with my lowly rank, could a mod put one on? I’d genuinely like to see how many people like the effect, and limiting it to those who feel strongly enough to post about it tends to skew the results. Ta)

• I agree with this one. The glow is bad. It breaks immersion and makes the helmet look stupid most of the time. To even use it without looking like a failed fantasy hero requires you to build your whole outfit around the helmet.

• Yeah, those are a bad idea. The magic red and blue auras on the helmets has to go. Just make it shiny black.

• I agree, the other rank based helmets don’t glow so why do these?

• If nothing else, I do kind of like that Black Hats are a good identifier for which side someone is on.

• @DemonicChocobo:

If nothing else, I do kind of like that Black Hats are a good identifier for which side someone is on.

True, but it seems an odd place to draw the line. It’s not like the helmet is some holy signifier of allegiance, there’s already more variety in them than anywhere else and you don’t even have to wear one. If they wanted to introduce helmets that were painted in team colours (and actually made to look painted), then great, I’d wear one. But let the black helmets be black.

• Can someone take pics of the “glow” you’re talking about? I have no idea. I see no glows on helmets at my low graphic settings, they just look silver, black (and blue or red), and gold.

I guess if you don’t like them, don’t wear them. You got new buyable helms and working vet helms now.

• @SOC:

Can someone take pics of the “glow” you’re talking about? I have no idea. I see no glows on helmets at my low graphic settings, they just look silver, black (and blue or red), and gold.

I guess if you don’t like them, don’t wear them. You got new buyable helms and working vet helms now.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/595886037227321384/67B3114D4473A44BBDC4422EEBC59D96C51BEA32/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595886037227324267/82994EFC3668156B5C0E940376F7C84DFA21DE11/

• I think I can understand where the devs are coming from when they implemented those glowing hats. Black hats are pretty much a, well, Mason Order thing. It is one of their prime colours, though they may have wanted to give both sides the black hat, and made them glow a team colour to save complaints and issues of it being too difficult to distinguish a person’s team (When added with the other customisations, i could see this being an issue.)

That said, I don’t see why simple black coloured hats would be available as an alternative to the golden hats, so to say, gold hats for agathians, black hats for masons. That would make a lot of sense to me. I will say this however. Morrowind called, they wanted their enchanted hats back.

• The mason vet helm is actually a gold colour.

They should tone down the glowing. You can’t really see it on the lower settings. As its a dynamic lighting effect.

• SO WHAT!? it looks cool.

You guys okay with the color pink!?

the glow at least among the users that use the hard to differentiate colors at least you can tell by that helmet glow…

• @clayton-bigsby:

SO WHAT!? it looks cool.

Nuh-uh! (this is why we need a poll)

@clayton-bigsby:

You guys okay with the color pink!?

What?

@clayton-bigsby:

the glow at least among the users that use the hard to differentiate colors at least you can tell by that helmet glow…

If it was across the board, fine (although it’d still look hideous. Are they knights or space men? Seriously) but why for one helmet? That you don’t have to wear? Keeping it as a team identifier doesn’t make any sense.

• My idea for a diamond hat didn’t go through. :(

• I like the glow, I don’t know I just think that if people were to complain and get it removed I’d be very displeased. It may take away from the immersion for some people. Maybe just make it so that the glow can be turned on and off.

@SlyGoat:

My idea for a diamond hat didn’t go through. :(

Say if someone were to get to rank 60 would a Platinum helmet be in line? :D

• Not a big fan of the coloured highlights. To me it looks like someone messed up a slider in 3DS Max or something.

• @Peculiar:

I agree, the other rank based helmets don’t glow so why do these?

Because u need to be level 40 above :)