Shield stamina drain

• patch notes said the stamina drain from blocking with shields was reduced. has anyone noticed this being true at all? i have not.

• @Deadpan:

patch notes said the stamina drain from blocking with shields was reduced. has anyone noticed this being true at all? i have not.

I haven’t noticed it. Stam drain on shields renders them useless. I see a lot of aggressive vanguards just slamming my buckler nonstop. I tire out. They don’t. What gives?

And why does the buckler drain stamina faster than a tower shield? It should be the other way around.

• The devs prob made a MISTAKE, when weps hit your shield it takes no stam, yet it takes more stam to block with a shield then it is to panic parry.

I am sure it will get hotfixed

• And why does the buckler drain stamina faster than a tower shield? It should be the other way around.

The bigger shield, the less stamina drain on it, but stamina drain is also calculated per weapon - if I recall correctly - so you wan’t to use shield only to get close or use weapon that’s long enough to initiate the attack or even combo rather than block and attack (which is better for shorter weapons).

• @Holy.Death:

And why does the buckler drain stamina faster than a tower shield? It should be the other way around.

The bigger shield, the less stamina drain on it, but stamina drain is also calculated per weapon - if I recall correctly - so you wan’t to use shield only to get close or use weapon that’s long enough to initiate the attack or even combo rather than block and attack (which is better for shorter weapons).

It doesn’t make sense. A bigger shield should drain more stamina when hit, as it’s heavier to keep shrugging up. A small buckler shouldn’t tire you out as much, but it does provide less coverage and can break your arm. I think there should be small HP damage when a large weapon hits a small buckler, and not just stamina drain.

• Yes, it’s counter-intuitive, but that’s how it works - the bigger the weapon the more stamina it drains plus stamina drain is modified by shield and the bigger one the less it costs. To make it even more silly if you attack and gets blocked you don’t lose stamina at all. When you parry, block or miss you do.

• I’ve noticed no difference on kite or tower shields.

• @Magnificent:

@Holy.Death:

It doesn’t make sense. A bigger shield should drain more stamina when hit, as it’s heavier to keep shrugging up. A small buckler shouldn’t tire you out as much, but it does provide less coverage and can break your arm. I think there should be small HP damage when a large weapon hits a small buckler, and not just stamina drain.

No, no. Blocking with a heavier shield should drain less stamina when hit. Your shield is heavier, so it’s easier for you to hold it in place when it hits. The stamina drain when constantly holding it up is higher the heavier your shield is. And that’s fine.

So basically it’s fine. BUT the staminadrain when hit REALLY needs to be reduced. And this is a vanguard talking. I actually take my advantage of knights and maa running out of stamina quickly. But I still want it to be fixed. Why, you may ask. Because I don’t want to win unfair. In duels I usually don’t attack my opponent when he’s dazed… Well… if he’s a fine warrior! I have no mercy with claymore wielders.

Also: The buckler… Just want to mention that it’s not worth using anyway. Not even when they fix the staminadrain. I get the impression that parrying is way easier than blocking with the buckler. I can parry nearly everything. Even onehanded stabs. I just have to aim left a bit. Aiming left with the bucker when stabbed by a onehanded weapon doesn’t help me much. It still hits me. The buckler is the biggest piece of muddy horsecrap ever. Only good for some cover when fighting an archer. But I like throwing knifes more for fighting an archer. I can flinch them. And the buckler, well… A good archer hits your legs or your head when you use the buckler. Nearly useless against good players.
    At least for me.
    Tower and kite rules. For shields… They need the reduced staminadrain, too.