Rage quitting

• I have to admit that sometimes this game has the tendency to really affect my nerve and even to the point where if i don´t exit the game immediately i know i might completely lose control over myself and start breaking things in my vicinity :)

I have about 430 hours played and i am level 42 and i usually play vanguard on EU servers.

I don´t usually take the game seriously when i´m just fucking around on a random ffa server and playing with some casual players and chatting with them and whatnot, but when i´m on a duel server with maybe like a couple of level 40-50 guys that are obviously as good or many times better than i am, i tend to take the game a bit too seriously, like i REALLY try to win and constantly losing is often times okay as i realize that there will always be someone better than i am, but when i´ve been playing for maybe like 3 hours on a duel server and there is this one asshole who is decently good and arrogant at the same time, like laughing and denigrating my corpse and taunting me constantly, kicking me and sometimes ffaing me, and i try to use votekick but he seems to have gained some trust among the other players or maybe knows them and he doesnt get kicked but just keeps harrassing me and i cant seem to be able to ever kill him

At THAT point i start losing my sanity and my head starts boiling and i simply have to exit the game to cool my mind and tell myself its just a game its just a game, he´s an asshole and this is just a game…

What pisses you guys off? At what point do you tend to lose control over your temper? I´m curious to know :)

• I rage at times too, like really rage. I remember a dev video that one of the devs said that when you get killed, instead of getting mad at the play you feel a sense of respect to that player, but that is a load of BS. ;) I don’t feel a sense of respect or remorse, I feel pissed off!

• @akazi:

I rage at times too, like really rage. I remember a dev video that one of the devs said that when you get killed, instead of getting mad at the play you feel a sense of respect to that player, but that is a load of BS. ;) I don’t feel a sense of respect or remorse, I feel pissed off!

I feel a sense of respect to players who are really good and don´t take it seriously when i kill them and run straight to me with their head against mine kicking me until they have their retribution.

The thing that i hate most in any competition, is when your opponent is really good and at the same time very arrogant, it doesnt matter if its Chivalry or Chess or Football, i just hate losing to someone that behaves like a monkey.

Also, i can´t say that i rage nearly as much as i used to… The trick is to simply quit when you start feeling seriously affected by the game instead of continuing to play. In other words, you gotta turn the heat off before it reaches the boiling point.

• ^what he said.

• @danezcou3:

The thing that i hate most in any competition, is when your opponent is really good and at the same time very arrogant, it doesnt matter if its Chivalry or Chess or Football, i just hate losing to someone that behaves like a monkey.

Oh boy this. (I’m also assuming since you’re playing on EU servers you didn’t mean any racial slurs, disclaimer for me). The problem is only compounded if the players are killing you as an archer (UGH) or dodging out of stuns (and then claiming it was intended by developers because it’s now back).

• The only thing that really makes me angry in this game is getting votekicked for topscoring. Typically in FFA. It completely kills my mood so I need to take a break after that to cool off. Would that even count as ragequitting?

• Archers, I hate it when i’m killed before I can even get into a bloody fight because some archer I didn’t see shot me from across the map!
    Admittedly it does make it all the more satisfying to chop their heads off.

• I find FFA to be the most relaxing game mode.

Of course we don’t have dicks that votekick the top scorer in FFa. And even of one does appear its usually Less than 20% who vote yes.

• The only thing that has really pissed me off in chivalry, is a top ranking guy constantly using feints in duel and getting really pissed of when I beat him by constantly attacking him with a spear.
    The amount of shit this guy was giving me about my “Incredibly BS” offensive tactic because I refused to ever attempt a parry was literally depressing. The verbal attack s went on for so long after the duel, that I ended up leaving.

• @jrmftw:

The only thing that has really pissed me off in chivalry, is a top ranking guy constantly using feints in duel and getting really pissed of when I beat him by constantly attacking him with a spear.
    The amount of shit this guy was giving me about my “Incredibly BS” offensive tactic because I refused to ever attempt a parry was literally depressing. The verbal attack s went on for so long after the duel, that I ended up leaving.

Lol that happened to me. But I found it quite funny. He was complaining that I didn’t fall for his feints. I said that I wanted to win and I was allowed to what I wanted to win.
    Turned him into a laughing stock after that and he rage quit.

• I rage quit when no one is playing in my beloved West Coast servers. I rage quit when I join a Central or East Coast server and my ping is atrocious. Otherwise I game for thine shits and thine giggles.

• Archers. I can’t even play play one game of TO without 5+ archers on the opposite team. I almost exclusively play FFA now because of all of the archers sucking the fun out of the game. As soon as I get shot by a heavy crossbow from across the map I’m out of the server instantly.

• This thread makes me love who I am. A high rank very skilled pubstomper who loves to talk trash and be arrogant against his inferiors. Ahh, I love it. Keep rage quitting for me, it’s so sweet and satisfying. This is the epitome of satisfaction and contentment on the internet.

I never rage quit. I always finish the match out no matter what, unless my ping spikes like crazy 'cause of my bad net. The first step to improving is understanding what you’re doing wrong and keeping your cool. The moment you let your self rage is the moment you fall into habits and go into “auto-pilot” mode and stop thinking and actively mind gaming your opponent. It happens to everyone sometimes, but you have to avoid it as much as possible to beat the best of us.

• I usually get people to rage after a few flawless wins then killing them with a kick.

it’s either ragequit or they start FFAing and then rage quit

• I rage at poor game mechanics, missed swings and broken parrys. Other than than QQ .

• The solution to this problem is to not give a shit. If you don’t care about your k/d or getting killed, there is nothing that can interfere with your game play. As soon as you get mad, you get into “tryhard-mode” which only makes it worse because you are forcing yourself to be better, kill someone, etc.

If you play TO, try to play the first two maps with classes you are bad with or loadouts you never play, because then you expect to die a lot and won’t care when it happens - just have fun with it. Then when you are relaxed and warmed up, you play your normal class/setup.

I do share peoples hatred for archers, though. Sometimes I make it a personal mini-game to hunt and kill an annoying archer as many times as possible during a game, preferably from behind which they don’t like.

• My #1 ragequit reason is a sucker team in TO.
    When playing TO I take it really seriously. I’ll try to win at all cost. I sacrifice my life all the time to do the objective. I don’t care about my K/D and just try to get the victory for my team.
    Usually it gets rewarded. But sometimes you really have a sucker team that ruins it all.
    Like guys just kicking each other in the spawn, intentional teamkilling (but votekicks on people with 100% teamdamage usually end up with 100% “No” votes) or just being too stupid to do the objective and even BLOCK you.
    Hillside - Last stage: Agatha has to use the ballistas to sink the masons ship.
    I finally made it to a ballista by sneaking around the masons, because my team is in the spawn kicking each other. And what do I see? One of my teammates got there first. He is on the ballista and just shoots somewhere else, but not on the ships.

I hate flamers but in this case I start flaming around like a d!ck and ragequit or be votekicked by my sensitive teammates who feel really hurt by getting told to do the objective. (“Mommy!! He told me to do the objective! Punish him!”)

On other gamemodes I really rarely get rage situations. I don’t take duels that seriously. I don’t mind losing duels. The only thing that makes me rage then are lvl <10 Players that kill me with the claymore and start getting arrogant as sh!t.

Sometimes I also ragequit because of myself. Yesterday was such a day. I really sucked so damn hard. A friend’s clan had a clanwar and he asked me support him. And during that clanwar I sucked as hell. I got killed, killed, killed and only got some lucky kills.

I was so damn angry at myself and my stupidity made me start blaming the game and thinking of uninstalling it.

I never raged like that before. I guess being angry at yourself makes you rage more than anything else…

• @SOC:

This thread makes me love who I am. A high rank very skilled pubstomper who loves to talk trash and be arrogant against his inferiors. Ahh, I love it. Keep rage quitting for me, it’s so sweet and satisfying. This is the epitome of satisfaction and contentment on the internet.

Thats why people like to votekick topscorers.

@DemonicChocobo:

The only thing that really makes me angry in this game is getting votekicked for topscoring. Typically in FFA. It completely kills my mood so I need to take a break after that to cool off. Would that even count as ragequitting?

Maybe you are taunting them too much? Respect the other players you are owning, and they dont votekick you.

• I make a point of not rage-quitting, even though I might be fuming (probably due to archers). Arrogant bastards do irritate me, but I like to think that they’ll receive their comeuppance in full sometime in RL. Or maybe they’re actually a decent person in reality, who knows.

• I do have to admit though that when i´m bored i sometimes make it an objective of mine to make people rage quit. I pick a guy that is not so good put still takes the game very seriously, and i own him time and time again and then after i own him i look down with my character on his corpse and laugh with the vanguard like

“euhueheheuheuhehehuhu” as often as i can, eventually he will exit the game after that happens a couple of times, but i do that to almost everyone i kill just to piss them off even more, i don´t know, i guess i´m somewhat of a prankster by nature.