Dodge Disabling

• For some reason if I am playing MAA, and I start an attack later in the parry animation (for riposte purposes; it happens when I get feinted, but by habit I start an attack for a riposte), it will act as if I had qued it up, but doesn’t throw the strike. Instead it just disables my dodge for the remainder of the parry animation, causing me to get hit. I’m not sure if anyone else is getting this, because of the small window in the parry animation where it occurs (when the parry’s dropping), but because of my timings for how I riposte, it happens almost all the time when I get feinted. Obviously i could just try to get out of the habit of riposting late into the window, but for right now it’s a bug I would like to inform everyone on.

• I believe this is intentional, specifically to make the maa more vulnerable to feints.

You know, like how a knight will lose all that extra health when there’s a full moon, vanguards can’t charge if the sun is in their eyes and archers lose all ranged attacks on the third Tuesday of the month. Seems arbitrary, but it’s not.

• @McLumberjack:

I believe this is intentional, specifically to make the maa more vulnerable to feints.

You know, like how a knight will lose all that extra health when there’s a full moon, vanguards can’t charge if the sun is in their eyes and archers lose all ranged attacks on the third Tuesday of the month. Seems arbitrary, but it’s not.

I’m not sure it is intentional, because i can still dodge during any point of my parry, it’s just when an attack is qued up when the parry is dropping that it disables dodge. I don’t think TB can be THAT big of bullies to the MAA :-?

• Dodge is disabled during parry recovery, always has been.

• I see what you mean, it was just a flaw in my testing is all.
    When attempting to dodge during parry recovery as a control, I was dodging at the time where I would be queing the riposte on the actual test, and not in the actual parry recovery.
    :hopel:

• @SlyGoat:

Dodge is disabled during parry recovery, always has been.

dodge is disabled during NOTHING. LIES!