Will the heater shield model ever be fixed?

• The first and third person model for this shield are completely different. The size is obviously different, and so are the shape and the way it’s held.

• @Leto:

The first and third person model for this shield are completely different. The size is obviously different, and so are the shape and the way it’s held.

First person

Third person

Third person

Te size and shape are the same it uses the same model. Your FOV would stretch and distort it so it will look a tad different than the customiser. But that’s your problem.

Regarding how its held well, in almost every FPS game the first person view ALWAYS looks different than the third person view or how everyone else sees you.

• Nevermind. I get it now.

Still looks strange to me though.

• @lemonater47:

@Leto:

The first and third person model for this shield are completely different. The size is obviously different, and so are the shape and the way it’s held.

First person

Third person

Third person

Te size and shape are the same it uses the same model. Your FOV would stretch and distort it so it will look a tad different than the customiser. But that’s your problem.

Regarding how its held well, in almost every FPS game the first person view ALWAYS looks different than the third person view or how everyone else sees you.

are you being serious right now?

no to all you just said. it is clearly a very different shape. one is angular, the other is rounded. one has five corners, the other three (oh plus a blunt one at the top). it is a totally different shape. are you blind or something?

and as for first person looking different: it is held in a completely different direction! and a stupid one as well, who made that? someone really stupid, i’m sorry.

it looks completely ridiculous. you might as well make him hold a fucking vase, a cow or a television in his left arm, and it wouldn’t make less sense.

• ???

Are YOU being serious? They’re the same shape. The size is different but that’s only due to perspective.

• It might be the same shape but still. How come all the other shields, and I mean ALL, look normal, while this one looks like it’s turned to point outwards with the pointy end?

• Here’s a quick drawing I made showing why it looks strange.

• hmm, damn, you’re right. the bottom part is blocked by his arm.

the animation is off, in that it stays at the same angle in fpv, while it slightly rotates in 3pv so it holds it sideways when not blocking, and it’s also bound to his arm kinda oddly, but it is the same shape, you just don’t see the bottom cause of his arm.

thanks for the drawings.