Killstreaks

• I believe that killstreaks would really excite old and new players to the game of chivalry. My idea is purely graphical, just to give you some eye candy to reward a player when hes doing really well, as well as target him for the other team to attack. these would occur when you make a certain amount of kills without dying yourself

Some ideas-

4 kills - weapons hilt becomes jewel-encrusted, shinier blade maybe
    8 kills - a cape unfurls from the player
    12 kills - armor falls off and wings pop out (angelic for agatha, demonic for mason)

could be any combination of graphical goodies that I think would add a lot of spice to the game, and a reason to play even harder

• 14 kills- airstrike
    16 kills- war dogs
    19 kills- stealth bomber
    21 kills- attack chopper
    25 kills- nuke

• Or just display in the kill-feed–

2 kills in quick succession: double kill
    3 kills ‘’ ‘’ ‘’: triple kill
    4+ kills ‘’ ‘’ ‘’: multi kill

5 kill streak: on a rampage

10 kill streak: unstoppable

kill someone 5 times without them killing you back - dominating
    kill someone dominating you: revenge

OK it sounds a bit like TF2 but there’s a reason that game is so fun.

• Gonna have to agree with lemons on this one, this isn’t Chiv COD.0

• Some of those effects would probably break immersion, but some acknowledgement of killstreaks would be cool.
    <playername>is on a killstreak of 5</playername>

• It would be cool if the player slowly got bigger and bigger until he was a 7 foot tall Mountain type of character model laying waste to all around him. Not very practical though.

• @Event:

Or just display in the kill-feed–

2 kills in quick succession: double kill
    3 kills ‘’ ‘’ ‘’: triple kill
    4+ kills ‘’ ‘’ ‘’: multi kill

5 kill streak: on a rampage

10 kill streak: unstoppable

kill someone 5 times without them killing you back - dominating
    kill someone dominating you: revenge

OK it sounds a bit like TF2 but there’s a reason that game is so fun.

Actually that is exactly word for word Unreal tournament… I can still hear the announcers voice.
    Oh and 15 Kill streak: Godlike!

• Please no killstreaks…. Small massages in the chatbar like " <playername>killed <number>enemies and is still alive." would be nice, but please not the stuff that has been stated before. It’s immersionbreaking.
    And gameplayeffects would be even worse.
    It would buff the good players and debuff the bad players. The good players get the killstreaks and the bad players are having an even harder time…

Oh… better replace the “bad” with “new”. I guess you can’t call a lvl 0 guy bad for not being able to kill a lvl 40 guy.</number></playername>

• to the above poster I stated the killstreaks would be just graphical features. if you dont want them to break immersion maybe have some medieval things like a bloody sword, a cape, a crown, things like that.

i would personally love to see these things and i know it would attract new players. much better than pumping out skins every couple months, killing the game with shit UI and terrible updates and basically laying waste to what was once a great game

• they wouldnt effect gameplay and they wouldnt have to effect immersion, i just think they’d be a great way to add excitement to the game

• the effects would just be graphical and you could make them fit in with medieval times and not break immersion

i think it would definitely garner some excitement among new players and old

• Wertyn you can edit your posts. Just FYI.

I like the idea of some subtle graphical changes to indicate a kill streak along with something in the chat log. I was thinking about something like this a while back with combos, such as adding a mild glow to your weapon. It glows more and more as you land combo hits, and naturally “cools down” as time passes between hits.

Also the growing larger as you gain kills without dying has been done in the Giant Slayers mod. It’s pretty hilarious and also infuriating.

• 3 kills: a squire joins you and lets you switch weapons on the fly. He can be killed.
    5 kills: gain a banner (like the CTF flag) that increases the stamina regen of all your allies within x yards. You may attach it to the ground if you want to use your other weapons. If attached to the ground, it can be broken in 3 hits.
    7 kills: horse + lance (unparriable 1 hit kills, but hard to aim. Lance breaks after 3 kills)

• @MissingNo:

3 kills: a squire joins you and lets you switch weapons on the fly. He can be killed.
    5 kills: gain a banner (like the CTF flag) that increases the stamina regen of all your allies within x yards. You may attach it to the ground if you want to use your other weapons. If attached to the ground, it can be broken in 3 hits.
    7 kills: horse + lance (unparriable 1 hit kills, but hard to aim. Lance breaks after 3 kills)

Incorporate this into new gametype “Chiv CoD”.

• It would just give players another reason to be useless and hide to preserve the KD

• @ChuckingIt:

It would just give players another reason to be useless and hide to preserve the KD

I think it would make players more cautious, but they wouldn’t make much progress hiding.

• Cosmetic Kill streaks in TO and CFT. Practical killstreaks in LTS / TDM.

• @lejosh:

I think it would make players more cautious, but they wouldn’t make much progress hiding.

I’m talking about the rank 40’s and 50’s that get 1 or 2 kills then go retreat to regen instead of pressing the objective. That’s the type I am referring to here. I prefer the go balls deep get 4 or 5 kills to help get my team through and if I die, so be it.

• @ChuckingIt:

I’m talking about the rank 40’s and 50’s that get 1 or 2 kills then go retreat to regen instead of pressing the objective. That’s the type I am referring to here. I prefer the go balls deep get 4 or 5 kills to help get my team through and if I die, so be it.

Aye, balls deep.

• Isn’t there already cosmetic kill streaks? Your sword getting bloody? I know it goes away after a while, but it’s already there.