Question about dodge in stun

• Is this intended?

I have run into several MaA who are dodging out of stun when I attempt to hit them. When I call them out on it they say that’s it’s intended by the developers because MaA would get one shot by everything otherwise. One guy said, “it’s not in the changelog, so it’s definitely intended” (whatever that means). I’m beginning to be a bit infuriated, especially as a dueler fighting MaA, when this occurs. They’re already hard enough to hit, once you get a hard earned stun they’re just getting out of it. A shield needs a downside, and if stun is completely useless against MaA with shields, why wouldn’t they just use them as often as they can?

Another guy made the claim that you can’t dodge out of stamina stun. I don’t believe that’s true, but if it is it does help with their argument it’s intended… I guess.

I’d like to know if this is intentional. Normally I’d say that’s crazy, but I’ve had a fairly significant amount of MaA make the claim in the past day or so.

• yes u can dodge out of any stagger at the moment its a bug and defiantly not intended. its been fixed once before, but due to the devs fixing flinch resetting dodge cooldown they broke something else as they usually do when they fix something.

• The unreal engine does that. Its bitchy and unstable.

• (whatever that means)

it means sarcasm.

• Yeah I just had a guy I was dueling test it out for me, and you can totally dodge out of stun “as long as you have 0 stamina.”

I’m not necessarily mad at the devs, I’m just angry at the people using it and claiming it’s intended and they should continue using it. It makes my MaA fights go really long, because generally the only people using it are people I’m going to beat. I thought that definitely said something, but at least now I know for sure.

• They’re already hard enough to hit, once you get a hard earned stun

a hard earned stun, what is wrong with people today, so you want more free hits, wow that makes you good right? getting free hits. not.

im sorry but it makes you a worse player, which is the main problem in this game and why everything has been nerfed to the point where my nephew with downsyndrome wont even play this game anymore!
    even he says its a joke now.

this is why the game is nerfed so much, people like you who compain about the most ridicolous stuff.

god forbid he was able to get away from you right, exp when hes been nerfed more then chivalry itself, and he dies in 1 hit and he cant dodge attack any more and his dodges were nerfed too and if your stam was at 0 would mean certain death anyway, which is lame to begin with that its just a stam battle now and now no 1 is fighting any1, we are just fiighting a stupid stamina bar.

you ppl need to get sum skill and play more and quit ruining the game already.

more free hits lmao, comon as if this flawed combat system doesnt give away enough free hits already or imobilize you enough.

and get used to stuff not being in the change log, they have been doing shady stuff like that in every patch and not telling people.you should just expect it by now, for sumthing shady to happen each patch that no 1 was told about thats gonna ruin the game in sum way or another.

• lol warsaw maa is allready invincible if he doesn’t make a mistake if ur good u shud never be getting hit let alone running out of stam and u still want another get out of jail free card for when u fuck up, if ur running out of stam u made a goddam mistake or actually a whole bunch of them and u shud b punished for it simple as that.
    also its not a goddam free hit u have to work for that shit, u have to make the maa fuck up some how which is pretty goddam hard, borderline impossible if the maa is good which u obviously are not.

• @dotamachine:

lol warsaw maa is allready invincible if he doesn’t make a mistake if ur good u shud never be getting hit let alone running out of stam and u still want another get out of jail free card for when u fuck up, if ur running out of stam u made a goddam mistake or actually a whole bunch of them and u shud b punished for it simple as that.

Yeah Maa with shield dodging out of stun is right now is driving me crazy in duel. (yes I know the game is NOT balanced around 1vs1)

• @WARSAW:

They’re already hard enough to hit, once you get a hard earned stun

a hard earned stun, what is wrong with people today, so you want more free hits, wow that makes you good right? getting free hits. not.

im sorry but it makes you a worse player, which is the main problem in this game and why everything has been nerfed to the point where my nephew with downsyndrome wont even play this game anymore!
    even he says its a joke now.

this is why the game is nerfed so much, people like you who compain about the most ridicolous stuff.

god forbid he was able to get away from you right, exp when hes been nerfed more then chivalry itself, and he dies in 1 hit and he cant dodge attack any more and his dodges were nerfed too and if your stam was at 0 would mean certain death anyway, which is lame to begin with that its just a stam battle now and now no 1 is fighting any1, we are just fiighting a stupid stamina bar.

you ppl need to get sum skill and play more and quit ruining the game already.

more free hits lmao, comon as if this flawed combat system doesnt give away enough free hits already or imobilize you enough.

and get used to stuff not being in the change log, they have been doing shady stuff like that in every patch and not telling people.you should just expect it by now, for sumthing shady to happen each patch that no 1 was told about thats gonna ruin the game in sum way or another.

Maybe we’re speaking of different game modes, but have you ever dueled an MaA with a shield? Often-times the only way to get a hit is to stun them. One of the only viable strategies is to be overly aggressive and knock his shield as much as you can to drive down his stamina. As soon as you see him dodge you must follow, and this puts you in great danger from the broadsword/norse sword stabs, which can be a real pill to correctly parry (as the speed makes it difficult to properly judge where the stab is coming from- a lot of times you get nailed to one side or the other and it’s a 50/50 as to which side you think he’s hitting).

So generally what winds up happening is you must take a hit or two (out of three or four maximum that you CAN take) in order to just get close to him to drive his stamina down. It also works both ways, as a knight must expend a good amount of stamina with his wasted hits, and then in relentlessly pursuing.

Often-times a good MaA will dodge out of an attack you try and plant on him and then run forward to capitalize on the miss he just created with the tap of a button. The ONLY thing that grounds an MaA is stamina and the stamina stun is often the only way to get a hit on the MaA with a shield.

I also feel like you didn’t read my post, as the changelog mention was a quote from an enemy abusing the dodge out of stun glitch. I have no qualms with it, it just seems like a really weird arguing point while I’m angry at guys for stun dodging.

The most difficult MaA to hit is one without the shield. I’m sure you know what happens there, being of such tremendous self-proclaimed skill, and how difficult it is to hit them at all.

The only way to win against an MaA is often-times going to be a stun. Against a skilled player his life bar is his stamina bar, and it regenerates faster than my actual life bar.

I take it you play MaA? Being angry at the stun is like a player asking for the only thing that can kill him to be nerfed. Don’t be one of those.

• :(

It’ll be fixed.

• Safest way to fix it is to just remove MaA dodge altogether.

• oh comon dudeface, lol.
    he has been nerfed enough already.

all stamina does is slow the game down more thn it already is, best way to play is to eliminate it and it becomes way more fun and every battle isnt won or lost because of sumthing there clearly isnt enough of.

• @WARSAW:

oh comon dudeface, lol.
    he has been nerfed enough already.

You seem to forget that they were massively buffed with the removal of combo feint to parry and forward chase mechanic. And faster sprint speed.

• oh sure, lets go for another round of CFtP removal / frontal chase removal totally buffed/nerfed MAA!