Best FPS Improvement Tweak - Almost double FPS in many cases

• Ok gang, I have been helping lots of people with tweaking the game so it runs better pretty much since AOC 2005. There are a few improvements and tweaks I have already posted but this one, in many cases almost doubles FPS for many people. Forgive me if this has already been posted.

The best tweak is to change the games priority form NORMAL to HIGH in the Task Manager. If you dont know how to do this I am going to tell you how, manually and then give you a small free program that will set the games priority permanently so that you will not have to do it every time the game loads.

To test your FPS in game, hit ~ key and in the console type STAT FPS and you will see your fps. This will be important when seeing the difference after the tweak.

Manual Instructions
    1. Run Chivalry
    2. Hit CTRL + ALT + DEL and select the Task Manager.
    3. Right click on to UDK.EXE *32
    4. Select from the pull down menu and set the Priority from NORMAL to HIGH
    5. Close the Task Manager and enjoy the better FPS!

Now if you do not want to do this every single time you load Chivalry there is a great, free little program that will add a few additional options to that pull down menu and actually save the priority change so that Chivalry will load every time to HIGH!

Go here and download and install Prio - Process Priority Saver
    http://www.prnwatch.com/prio/
    Once it is installed, when you right click onto UDK.exe*32 there will be additional options to SAVE Priority, set it to HIGH and forget it!

Easy Peasy!

For an additional tweaking of the CPU and the programs and services, download and Install Razor’s Game Booster! http://www.razerzone.com/gamebooster This will kill any and all extra background programs and processes freeing up both CPU and Ram while you Game. You can easily turn it on and off, no problem. For me, I get 120+ megs of ram freed up as well and only running about 8 processes while I game. This also really helps those with older or slower machines.

Good Luck and I hope this helps ya!

• A priority saver. Now that’s useful.