Game with bots

• [youtubehd:36zew5c2]HJ_mIhYfLDo[/youtubehd:36zew5c2]

• Bots are not shown in the scoreboard
    • I’m not healing or the red stuff is just not going away, don’t know because there is no healthbar

• This is a great improvement not showing the BOT names in the scoreboard.

On servers that include BOTS, people see the name and tend to leave. Same setup, no names, people stay just fine. It is completely psychological and to reinclude them hurts server admins.

As always, making this optional would be best so everyone wins. I cannot imagine setting up an on/off server side would be too time consuming. But in the interim, keeping them off the scoreboard is best for the community as a whole I think.

• That health bug. I’ve experienced it in multiplayer a few times. I have no idea why it’s happening, but for me too, it wont restore itself whatever I do. I have noticed though that sometimes, when I play as an Archer, the health will ONLY restore itself when I’m aiming down the sight. (Only crossbows, when getting ready to shoot.)

• @fvonb:

• I’m not healing or the red stuff is just not going away, don’t know because there is no healthbar

I’ve had several bugs like that, where either my hud (but not chat and feed) disappears, and also one where I don’t recover health; you might have both at the same time :|

I fix the not recovering health bug by kicking, and the hud bug only fixes after a respawn.
    I’m not sure if these bugs are whats going on in the video, but it never hurts to try.

• @the_brown_cloud:

On servers that include BOTS, people see the name and tend to leave. Same setup, no names, people stay just fine. It is completely psychological and to reinclude them hurts server admins.

The problem is not that bots are shown on the scoreboard. The problem is that there are bots on the server. Noone wants to play with bots when he clicks “Multiplayer”. Servers that try to lure players to join by adding bots are the worst ;)

• That is your opinion. Plenty of people, especially new players, enjoy bot servers. It isn’t exactly fun to play on a 3 person FFA. Also, bot servers offload bots for players as the server fills.

Besides, when they are tuned, bots are often much better than players. To each his own, but for admins who use bots, this “bug” helps keep the server populated. Most people cannot tell the difference unless they see the “BOT” name.

Taken to another level, bots help draw players to a server which leads to 20-32 live players on it. This stays more consistent without letting them know explicitly that they are fighting bots. It is purely psychological and has no effect on a player’s experience.

There are always the official servers for the purists. I like both styles and want to see both types of servers succeed.

• @the_brown_cloud:

Also, bot servers offload bots for players as the server fills.

Do you know how to get that to work. I created a server with bots using ?numplay but none of the bots leave when I join.