More points for capturing the flag

• It seems to me that when you capture the flag on a CTF round, it only gives you 10 points or less. Shouldn’t the player who capture the flag get rewarded with at least 50 to 100 points?

Isn’t capturing the flag the objective of this game? Why should the players who bother crossing the entire map carrying a flag and avoiding enemy not be rewarded? No wonder everyones plays CTF like it’s team deathmatch.

• @Leto:

It seems to me that when you capture the flag on a CTF round, it only gives you 10 points or less. Shouldn’t the player who capture the flag get rewarded with at least 50 to 100 points?

Isn’t capturing the flag the objective of this game? Why should the players who bother crossing the entire map carrying a flag and avoiding enemy not be rewarded? No wonder everyones plays CTF like it’s team deathmatch.

Noticed this while messing around on a test server, it’s lame that you barely get points for completing the objective, most people treat CTF like TDM, and it shows why.

• I agree I love CTF and can usually cap it but it’s weak that you only get a couple points for it. If someone caps the flag 3 times themselves they should be at the top of the list regardless of how many kills they have.

• @TheSavageSlayer:

I agree I love CTF and can usually cap it but it’s weak that you only get a couple points for it. If someone caps the flag 3 times themselves they should be at the top of the list regardless of how many kills they have.

Yea when I tested a few days ago, I got 5 points for capping the flag, that’s less than one fucking kill!

• What makes it even weirder is that if you operate the battering ram to break the castle door on Stoneshill, you gain hundreds of point in a few seconds. This is completely disproportionated.

• @Leto:

What makes it even weirder is that if you operate to battering ram to break the castle door on Stoneshill, you gain hundreds of point in a few seconds. This is completely disproportionated.

Yea TO is pretty good at awarding points, CTF and KOTH not so much.