Easy fix to stop "votekick" abuse.

• Whoever puts a player who has less than 15% team damage up for votekick, gets automatically kicked. Simple no?

This way, you will only start a votekick when a player is obviously hurting others on purpose , not just because he hit you by mistake. This would also stop all the trolls who spend entire rounds starting votekicks on random players.

• That’s a little bit extreme…

What about this? To kick a player, it requires “60% of yes” if the player tk is above 15% and “80% of yes” if the player is under?

• So people get punished for missclicking, trying to kick one who is afk, one who kicks teammates from bridges (doesnt count as teamdamage) or just hacking (while 95% of the accused are in fact only good players there are real speedhackers around, you know). Also there are nonviolent griefers spitting shit or spamming the chat with advertising or spoilers.

I have good experiences with 65% or more votes required to kick. Whenever there is a server with less required votes people get kicked randomly. Also more than 80% doesn’t seem practical. When somebody obviously deserves the kick he will be kicked with about 80% votes. Similar starting a random vote will often get more than 40% up to 60%. So 60% should be the bare minimum for required votes.

• it would be simpler to diable team damage like i have done on my server as well as disable vote kicking.
    no 1 has to worry about either problems then :D

• @WARSAW:

it would be simpler to disable team damage

Jesus Christ how horrible.

• that’s literally my worst nightmare, i have a reoccurring dream where a team of zweihanders are LMBing me from behind and everyone is yelling yoloswag over voice chat.

• I thought my idea was clear, but seems like some of you didn’t get what I meant.

The abuse I want to stop is not how many votes it takes to kick someone, but people constantly making the votekick window appear on screen during entire rounds because they have nothing better to do.

Nobody gets kicked for voting, just the griefer who starts the unwarranted votekick.

• @Leto:

I thought my idea was clear, but seems like some of you didn’t get what I meant.

The abuse I want to stop is not how many votes it takes to kick someone, but people constantly making the votekick window appear on screen during entire rounds because they have nothing better to do.

Nobody gets kicked for voting, just the griefer who starts the unwarranted votekick.

Already happens. Down here. Some retard makes a votekick and usually finds himself being votekicked.

A reasonless votekick never goes through with a yes result.

• @lemonater47:

@Leto:

I thought my idea was clear, but seems like some of you didn’t get what I meant.

Already happens. Down here. Some retard makes a votekick and usually finds himself being votekicked.

From my experience, that rarely happens, because people are busy playing the game. Nobody pays attention to who starts the unwarranted votekicks. They just vote no by instinct when someone with low team damage is put up for vote.

Another side effect of having all these unwarranted votekicks is that it shields real TKers from getting kicked. Since the votekick pop up window is there for other players who don’t deserve it, the real tkers can keep killing friendlies.

• @Leto:

@lemonater47:

@Leto:

From my experience, that rarely happens, because people are busy playing the game. Nobody pays attention to who starts the unwarranted votekicks. They just vote no by instinct when someone with low team damage is put up for vote.

Another side effect of having all these unwarranted votekicks is that it shields real TKers from getting kicked. Since the votekick pop up window is there for other players who don’t deserve it, the real tkers can keep killing friendlies.

Well that means that New Zealanders and Australians are a tad more observant and have a lot less dicks in our countries.

And we hate each other and are very abusive to one another. Which makes it even more strange.

• The simple fix is to not allow opposite team to start a vote kick and to make the yes win ratio 60% or higher that way it has to be more of a unanimous vote. These settings are done server side. This is how I have the Kila THUNDERDOME servers set up. Abuse of vote kick rarely happens and when some idiot noob starts spamming the vote kick, I simply kick him or he gets voted out himself.

• SOme of my buddies were talking about this and we were thinking the best solution is to have overall damage displayed as well as team damage %. It might not be awesome at first, but eventually people would be accustomed to how much total damage is, and if it’s enough to really kick off of based on a team damage %.

It would just require one more display line on the votekick screen, under team damage.

The only time unfair votes seem to happen is when someone has a low amount of damage, as this can make your team damage % much higher. Being able to tell a player’s total damage would help to stop this, in my opinion.

I was attempted kicked twice today, I was rockin’ out on a server and got the “top of the chart” vote kick, chat reason: “hax”. Something like 5% voted yes. I don’t typically see people voted for unfair/unfounded stuff, but I do understand it happens. Realize that the ability to vote kick is what keeps team killers out of games, and the human judgement is kind of required to make it as fair as possible. With that said it is still very possible to abuse it, but made much easier if you’re being a disruption on the server and inhibiting others’ fun.

• your idea: kick anyone that attempts to votekick anyone under 15% team damage.

So no more kicking for idling?

no more kicking for hacking?

no more kicking for high ping?

no more kicking for blatant racism?

think your ideas through buddy. this one is not well thought out.
    no team damage is also a horrible idea, think that one through as well.

• Agreeed with above that there are reasons for kicking not covered by a team damage %

Another option would be to allow a limited number of kickvotes per person, per round or have a quota of kick votes per round that diminishes only when unsuccessful votes are made.

It’s not a perfect solution, but generally speaking 1 player doesn’t need to make 3 or more kickvotes per round and pros of reducing the amount of kickvote spam (because as we know, most kickvotes are from a small number of players) outweighs the cons.

• Many of these are server configurable.

So the server admin needs to change these. Its up to them.

If torn banner are gonna do it for the official servers they need to do it by region.

For example. Their Australian servers can be left unchanged. When it comes to votekick most people respect that power. Almost all silly votekicks end in a no. We actually struggle to kick some teamkillers and many with high ping at the current 55% Yes.

In other countries it seems way worse. From screenshots I’ve seen of bad ones. Even videos. There were these two guys playing together and a votekick came up. And their reaction was “vote yes who really cares” followed by laughter. 11% team damage, 0 seconds idle. The guy complained in the chat and no one responded, and judging by the complaints te guy didn’t seem to have high ping… And in other videos where the youtuber has just ignored it people just randomly get kicked and yes there are stupid things I see in chat. All US videos. Don’t know the countries of origin of the screenshots.

I was thinking putting ping in the votekick window might be good. But some people woul vote yes to anything with 3 digits. That’s the problem. And I know some of you would. It might cuase more harm that good even.

Adjust the percentage on official servers per region. The situation is worse in the US than Oceania. No idea what its like in Europe.

Though down here we have the majority of the severs actively moderated. Even an IsP based one with 27 servers (think one is a beta server). And the clan servers always have admins on. There’s 2 other IsP based server providers with about 5 servers between them. And the official servers with really shit ping and frequent (in comparison) lag spikes for everyone and crashes. No offense but multiplay sucks. Those official server have about a 30 ping difference with some US west coast servers.

Anyway not many servers. And the popular ones are heavily moderated. People are scared into acting semi decent down here. Being banned from 27 servers who 90% of the playerbase plays on at peak time isn’t a nice thought.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@WARSAW:

it would be simpler to disable team damage

Jesus Christ how horrible.

A game written in this engine lends itself to arcade style play. While I respect your desire to play stock style, there are PLENTY of people who disagree with the idea of no TD, adjustable stamina, etc. are “horrible”. Too many people here speak as if they have authority (Warsaw, both of us are guilty of this at times as well) and in the end, the game is suffering and no one is getting what they want but a very small subset of players. The fact is that there is a part of the community that likes the stock “battle sim” and a part that likes the arcade style and to deny one or the other is just bad for the game and for the overall longevity of the project. Further, rolling simple adjustments into the more complicated SDK probably isn’t going to go as well as anyone would like and will unfortunately lead to fewer innovations from a smaller group of people. Put more plainly, unless you know UDK or have an interest in it, are you willing to invest that kind of time, expense, and effort into a project with a very small base of returning players?

As to VK abuse, something needs to happen sooner than later. You cannot count on everyone being so understanding when they login to a server, get called some name, booted, come here, get told their PC is crap, etc…lol. It is silly to even consider the current state of affairs on the official channels as ok.

There should be a limit to how many VKs a single player can call. There needs to be an auto script to detect hate speech, boot and log IDs on official servers, kinda like a VAC for the chat. You are selling worldwide and your official channels are loaded with n-bombs and homo-hatred and all that stuff that will poison your efforts and absolutely kill future endeavors. Does it happen in other MP games? Sure. To this degree? Rarely. The official channels need much better administration for this game to have a serious shot at succeeding long term.

1.2 million sales is being quoted a lot here, and while this is an excellent metric and milestone, you guys have to look at the bigger picture before telling TBS all is roses if you care about this game or company even slightly. Many of these sales were deeply discounted and with such a reportedly small returning player base, this is only indicative of being able to get players in the door and should not be touted to the point that TBS gets lazy, not when they seem to be inspired and moving forward.

• Bad idea, 15% can be a lot of teamdamage. If you deal 6000 damage or so in total you can kill the shit out of your team before people are able to kick you. No, the only kick-system that really works is the one that is used in Movie Battles II: Automatic idle-kick + automatic kick when you do too much teamdamage.

• @afiNity:

Bad idea, 15% can be a lot of teamdamage. If you deal 6000 damage or so in total you can kill the shit out of your team before people are able to kick you. No, the only kick-system that really works is the one that is used in Movie Battles II: Automatic idle-kick + automatic kick when you do too much teamdamage.

Wait wut.

That’s like the best, easiest solution for this I’ve heard. I can’t believe it’s not being said more. Total team damage, not a %. That’s FAR more reliable than the %.

• A scaleable setting for mirrored damage % would be epic!

• Nice in theory but there are other complications. Someone who keeps attacking but not necessarily killing team mates for no reason could still only have 1-15% team damage, also I think the vote kick applies to space wasters who aren’t actually playing the game (just running around or hiding) as well as obnoxious jerks who just fill the comment box with inane crap. I know people don’t have to read the comments or have chat switched on, but it is also a social game and such a mechanism should serve its purpose rather than be a hive of idiocy and abuse. People too busy posting rubbish obviously aren’t playing the game properly anyway