3rd Objective on Darkforest - Open the slu-oh it's done.

• The third objective (opening the sluice gate) can go by in an instant, which is not surprising given the more or less equal distance of spawns and the fact that the Masons are more likely to be in force having just completed the cart objective. They run to the cranks, boom, time to kill the royal family. It’s pretty demoralising for Agatha and almost always points to a rout on the final objective.

Rather than simply increasing the time with which the cranks have to be occupied to work (which would harm the Masons on the occasions when they DON’T do it instantly but need to crack the Agatha defence later) this could be fixed by adding locks and chains to the cranks, which the Masons must break before they can be used (similar to the cages objective on citadel).

Breaking any one chain wouldn’t be hard, because the masons could mass on one crank at a time to do it, but it would take the few extra seconds needed to stop the objective being rolled over in a rush, giving Agatha time to get back in the game after the cart loss.

• Agathain spawns have half the distance to travel. If you don’t want them to instantly win then push F1 as soon as the bodies are in the cistern. Then hold one crank.

The problem is the agathains haven’t spawned and are busy messing around with a couple of masons outside.

You only need one man to defend it. Might as well be you.

• @lemonater47:

Agathain spawns have half the distance to travel. If you don’t want them to instantly win then push F1 as soon as the bodies are in the cistern. Then hold one crank.

The problem is the agathains haven’t spawned and are busy messing around with a couple of masons outside.

Despite the trend for sore losers posting for balance changes in their favour, I actually wrote this after being on the mason end of this stage. I know how to defend, but balance isn’t about individual actions.

Running to the crank and seeing the gate open in 20 seconds flat feels cheap, and it isn’t exactly the first time it’s happened.

• @McLumberjack:

@lemonater47:

Agathain spawns have half the distance to travel. If you don’t want them to instantly win then push F1 as soon as the bodies are in the cistern. Then hold one crank.

Despite the trend for sore losers posting for balance changes in their favour, I actually wrote this after being on the mason end of this stage. I know how to defend, but balance isn’t about individual actions.

Running to the crank and seeing the gate open in 20 seconds flat feels cheap, and it isn’t exactly the first time it’s happened.

Its not cheap when you are up against a team who doesn’t have a single player on it who knows how to win.

• If this is done instantly its because the defending team goes derp mode and keeps deathmatching outside of the cistern. If people know how to act when the cart reached its destination (press F1 and them move for the nearest wheel) they are able to avoid this almost everytime. Of course they still might get cut down by a far more powerful team but then the wouldn’t stand a chance either way.

To reduce the issues with newbies it might be better to force the respawn in the cistern similar to citadels bonus objective (everyone who knows does this anyways). If people still don’t get the message and go for deathmatch again they deserve the humilation.

• What you’re not seeming to grasp is that the objective going by quickly is bad for everyone. The first two masons at the cranks get to stand still, the other 10-30 players get nothing at all. There is no-one on the server for which this scenario isn’t boring. If players from both teams arrive at the cranks at the same time and there is a fight and THEN the gates open, fair enough. That is the objective working as intended. Locks on the cranks would encourage this and discourage the former. It’s win win.

• Sometimes, as a Mason, I’ve died but still managed to defend the cart till it falls into the water. Then when I respawn and are on my way to the cranks, that objective is completed too. That’s a really short amount of time for a few Masons to manage open the sluice. Sometimes as Agatha, same thing happens as well. I die trying to stop the cart, obviously I fail and get slapped with a rather long respawn time as the Masons start running for the cranks. Then I respawn and run to stop them only… for them to already have completed the objective. And I am not one of those who dick around outside the cistern.

Doubt they will change anything with the map, though. If you are playing against a competent team, you won’t get to the cistern anyways ;)