Adminban Not Working

• I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When using the adminban tool from the scoreboard I receive an error message stating the duration is invalid. It asks for the ban duration in seconds so I entered 3600 for an hour ban. The error message said it was an unrecognized duration. I haven’t been able to find any documentation to help so if I missed it please point me in the right direction. Is there a limit to the ban duration or am I typing something wrong?

• @bestrafung:

I’m wondering if anyone else has had this issue. When using the adminban tool from the scoreboard I receive an error message stating the duration is invalid. It asks for the ban duration in seconds so I entered 3600 for an hour ban. The error message said it was an unrecognized duration. I haven’t been able to find any documentation to help so if I missed it please point me in the right direction. Is there a limit to the ban duration or am I typing something wrong?

Not sure, I was playing around on a test server yesterday and admin ban wasn’t working at all!

• works fine for me… I’ve handed out heaps

old system
    adminkickban playerA
    confirm 0

new system
    adminkickban playerA
    confirmban 0 3600 N/A

all done from console ofc, haven’t tried by scoreboard

comes out in the config like this:

Bans=(DurationSeconds=3600,EnactedTime=(Year=2013,Month=8,DayOfWeek=5,Day=16,Hour=14,Min=43,Sec=22,MSec=932),IPPolicy=“DENY,(random IP here)”,NetId=(Uid=(A=(player netID here),B=17825793)),PlayerName=“PlayerA”,Reason=“n/a”,NetIDAsString=“NetIDstring here”)

most of which can actually be removed, this is a functional ban… just starts at the start of the year

Bans=(DurationSeconds=3600,EnactedTime=(Year=2013,NetId=(Uid=(A=(netID here),B=17825793)))

• In the next patch, you still do all of the above via console, but it’s fixed for those who do admin kicks and bans via the scoreboard (so you do NOT have to give a reason - it will give a generic reason instead).

• @BlaZe:

works fine for me… I’ve handed out heaps

old system
    adminkickban playerA
    confirm 0

new system
    adminkickban playerA
    confirmban 0 3600 N/A

all done from console ofc, haven’t tried by scoreboard

comes out in the config like this:

Bans=(DurationSeconds=3600,EnactedTime=(Year=2013,Month=8,DayOfWeek=5,Day=16,Hour=14,Min=43,Sec=22,MSec=932),IPPolicy=“DENY,(random IP here)”,NetId=(Uid=(A=(player netID here),B=17825793)),PlayerName=“PlayerA”,Reason=“n/a”,NetIDAsString=“NetIDstring here”)

most of which can actually be removed, this is a functional ban… just starts at the start of the year

Bans=(DurationSeconds=3600,EnactedTime=(Year=2013,NetId=(Uid=(A=(netID here),B=17825793)))

Thanks it was confirmban that I was doing wrong!

• @BlaZe:

works fine for me… I’ve handed out heaps

old system
    adminkickban playerA
    confirm 0

new system
    adminkickban playerA
    confirmban 0 3600 N/A

Thanks for the info, confirmban may have been some of the problem. Can’t wait until the scoreboard tools are improved. Thanks for all the replies everyone.