Throwable Weapon Flinch

• I’ve noticed lately that when a player gets caught with throwables out, that they can keep spamming them (depending on the throwable and speed of the weapon attacking) and sometimes get multiple shots or even get a kill while being combo’d. This is most prominent on the throwing knives since the throw speed is very fast. I think that getting hit in melee should flinch throwables for a certain time; I am not sure what would be the ideal flinch time for it, but it should be long enough that they can’t get throwable kills while being combo’d by a reasonably fast weapon, but short enough that it doesn’t become another 2 sec stam stun.

• I’m almost certain that getting hit in melee does stop a person from using ranged weapons for a time, as I have often been stuck with my throwing axes out and unable to throw / switch weapon while being combo’d.

• @?B:

I’m almost certain that getting hit in melee does stop a person from using ranged weapons for a time, as I have often been stuck with my throwing axes out and unable to throw / switch weapon while being combo’d.

That’s true! You can be flinched with ANY weapon or special weapon or whatever.
    And the actual flinch is really long. (In combat time. I also see everything slower when in combat. And a flinch is so damn long to me.)
    Depending on your enemy’s weapon, you won’t even get to windup your throwingweapon. Usually you will, but you will get flinched during the windup again.

But don’t get me wrong, I like that. Wouldn’t it be annoying getting killed by a throwingaxe in closecombat even more? Happens often enough.

• I’ve seen javelin archers tank a melee attack without flinching while winding up a throw.

• Some patch between January-March made users with ranged weapons become unflinchable at some point because so many people whined about being killed since they didn’t switch to their secondary/melee primary weapon fast enough even though us pros always said “lol if you don’t have your weapon out by the time enemies get that close to you you’re bad.”

I think it should be reverted because I’m sick of archers switching to their secondary after I already hit them and they parry my combo hit since its still bugged where they can bypass flinch entirely by doing so. I miss when archers put away their bow when I was 8 feet in range of them.

Anyway, it’s bugged right now.

• @SOC:

Some patch between January-March made users with ranged weapons become unflinchable at some point because so many people whined about being killed since they didn’t switch to their secondary/melee primary weapon fast enough even though us pros always said “lol if you don’t have your weapon out by the time enemies get that close to you you’re bad.”

I think it should be reverted because I’m sick of archers switching to their secondary after I already hit them and they parry my combo hit since its still bugged where they can bypass flinch entirely by doing so. I miss when archers put away their bow when I was 8 feet in range of them.

Anyway, it’s bugged right now.

Yea I think the way it is now really brings down the skill requirement on archers, being aware of your surroundings and also making the right call of when to switch to secondary is key.

As it is less skilled archers probably wanted the change because they are not skilled in melee, when in reality a truly scary archer is a master of ranged and melee.

• I think its more about the buggy-ness than anything deliberately done to the game. Yeah half the time a shot will go off even though the archer is being stabbed as he releases. But I can tell you that another 50% of the time if you get hit with a crossbow/bow out it gets superglued to your hands and you cant pull your secondary even if you do manage to make some distance.
    Then there was the bug the patch before last where getting hit with an xbow out would force you to reload it… even if it was already loaded shudder.

I feel you on the throwing knives though, that one weapon in particular seems occasionally become unflinchable in combat, knives coming out of people as they’re bending over in the flinch animation etc.