Game would not work on my 32" TV after putting it on a 12"

• Hi Guys,

So i play all my games on all my consoles and PC on a 32" monitor, i switched to a smaller one last night and mistakenly booted chivalry up. it worked fine but then when i tried to get it back on my 32" it would not load properly, the game was working but if i put it on my screen i had no sound and a blank view. i tried a restart of my PC and a few troubleshooting methods but it did not resolve. So i have decided to uninstall it and re install. Will i keep all my progress and rank and helmets that i bought and custom characters? or i have i lost all of that now :(

Would really appreciate your help with this and to get all my stuff back if i have lost it all.

Thanks

• You won’t lose your progress, I’m not sure how but its linked to your account somehow, most likely through steam, I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2 - 3 times with no issues.

Nest time I would suggest booting it up on the small screen a second time, switching it to windowed mode or something similar and plugging back into the large one, I suspect something funny may be happening with the resolution causing the game to not display properly, of course without seeing it with my own eyes it’s hard to say.

• thats awesome, thanks god i wont lose anything :) thought it was all saved via local saved data. but i guessed wrong :) nice one cheers mate

• as mentioned you won’t have lost anything. It’s likely your configs have been set to a size or ratio not compatible with your TV. Assuming you don’t have any custom key setups etc., then the easiest way to reset it is to go into the my documents/my games/chivalry and remove the config folder. Then right click on chivlary in steam and verify cache; it should download the missing default configs again

• @Dogtag19:

thats awesome, thanks god i wont lose anything :) thought it was all saved via local saved data. but i guessed wrong :) nice one cheers mate

No problem, it would suck if everything was lost, that would be…. so wrong.