Customization/Stance differences between 3rd and 1st person

• Dark red arms and weapon pointing upwards in first person.

Blue-white striped arms and weapon low in third person.

So that means there’s also a compeletely different windup animation between first person and third. And difference in customization is just cosmetic but annoying in my opinion.

• I don’t believe the the actual swings are different, or even noticeably different if different at all. You wouldn’t ever see your weapon until it swings in front of you if you actually saw out of your third person’s eyes…

But this is how FPS games work. You’re not seeing your character in first person, you’re seeing where your character’s head is, with legs and arms attached to the camera. Not a bug, just the way it is and has always been, at least since Goldeneye 64.

• FFA blue Mason Knight?

• @quigleyer:

But this is how FPS games work. You’re not seeing your character in first person, you’re seeing where your character’s head is, with legs and arms attached to the camera. Not a bug, just the way it is and has always been, at least since Goldeneye 64.

I know that I’m not seeing the 3rd person model. But why would you have two completely different stances?

@Deadpan:

FFA blue Mason Knight?

Is that the Mason Knight? I’m not sure right now. But yes it’s FFA and I chose blue colors in that screenshot.

• If you held your sword in first person the way you do in third, you wouldn’t see it on your screen.

The animations are different in first and third person, but the tracers are synced up for both. We’ve done some changes in past patches specifically to tweak animations that weren’t 100% synced in first and third person actually. Obviously we’re aware of how important it is to know exactly where your weapon is in first person; which is, again, why we did the first person animations the way they are, so that you’ll see your sword even when idle.

The color thing could be a result of first person models still being team-color-locked in FFA which is a good catch, I’ll look into it.